Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup First Round Draw  (Read 39363 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 15:20:31 »

850 tickets sold. None too shabby, considering.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 15:39:58 »

Any thoughts as to STFC's line up v Eastleigh?  I hear that Furlong and possibly NT are suspended.  I'd quite like to see a back four with a midfield diamond now that Doughty is fit.  Kasim is also crap in a 4-2-3-1.

Vigouroux
        Barry              Branco                     Jones                Brophy (if fit)
                                             Kasim
                      Thomas                                   Doughty
                                             Murray
                             Delfouneso/             J.Stewart/
                             Norris                     Goddard
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 15:58:17 »

Furlong is, Thompson isn't
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 16:43:53 »

850 tickets sold. None too shabby, considering.
Considering the stupid KO time and being live on the BBC thats really good.

I think this could be the first time that I can remember us being on TV and the giants of the tie (allegedly) for a cup tie as we are usually the giantkillers(!).

Which with the way British football fans are - that means that probably 99% of the viewers will be hoping we lose the game, all hoping for the lower league team to cause an upset, which is pretty likely TBF.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 16:52:26 »

Considering the stupid KO time and being live on the BBC thats really good.

I think this could be the first time that I can remember us being on TV and the giants of the tie (allegedly) for a cup tie as we are usually the giantkillers(!).

Which with the way British football fans are - that means that probably 99% of the viewers will be hoping we lose the game, all hoping for the lower league team to cause an upset, which is pretty likely TBF.

I did not realise it was on the BBC, assumed it would be Sky or something, until my Father in Law pointed it out yesterday, now our ritual humiliation will be clear for all to see!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 16:55:05 »

I did not realise it was on the BBC, assumed it would be Sky or something, until my Father in Law pointed it out yesterday, now our ritual humiliation will be clear for all to see!
This is my concern! who knows...maybe we will surprise even our own fans Smiley

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 16:55:46 »

Think no further than the last time the Beeb had us live in the FA Cup, when our Div 3 giants succumbed, to the plucky minnows of Div 4, for proper national humiliation. The Crawley game was on BT or similar, and we didn't lose until untelevised replay.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 16:58:26 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 17:01:02 »

Think no further than the last time the Beeb had us live in the FA Cup, when our Div 3 giants succumbed, to the plucky minnows of Div 4, for proper national humiliation. The Crawley game was on BT or similar, and we didn't lose until untelevised replay.

Crawley was on ESPN! Possibly the coldest game I've ever been to
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 17:09:28 »

The replay at home was colder and went to extra time if I remember correctly as well just to make the suffering even worse.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 17:10:40 »

I had easily forgotten that as I never watched it and was out of the country at the time so it didn't even register, but I also actually meant on proper national TV not BT or Sky and against non-league opposition too.

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 17:52:55 »

Mine was one of the games against Bolton in a cup game in the 80s. Back in the days when we had replays we played them 4 times, I think, before eventually beating them and I remember one of the games was unbelievably cold.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 18:24:09 »

Leyton Orient in the Cup was my coldest I think, got abandoned in the 2nd half when the terraces began to freeze over.

edit:  seems they claimed it was the pitch, could have sworn the risk to supporters was mentioned.  The replayed game had only £1 knocked off the price of the terraces and £2 for seats - so it's always been thus that people pay! (ok, the prices were probably only £8 anyway :-) )
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 18:31:49 by RobertT » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 18:34:15 »

Sadly in these days of climate change and not getting past the first week if November in Cups, the peculiar pleasures of proper brass monkey night games have become a thing of the past.....like the hooter, the stink of Coopers, and the hot sweet tea vendor.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 18:43:47 »

Jan 87, Fulham away in 3rd round was a bit bracing.

We played 64 games that season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 19:04:30 »

Sadly in these days of climate change and not getting past the first week if November in Cups, the peculiar pleasures of proper brass monkey night games have become a thing of the past.....like the hooter, the stink of Coopers, and the hot sweet tea vendor.

Lots of hooter blowing at the beerex last Friday Reg - the bloke on the valve was really enjoying himself
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: