Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup First Round Draw  (Read 39370 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 16:59:56 »

Fucking fair play  for that. Couple of friends I go with are off to Scunny as well.

Mad fuckers!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #136 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 17:17:26 »

I went Scunny last year, couldn't make myself go this year. I can still see Belford's goalkeeping and our defending in my nightmares.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 18:38:29 »

Off to the lakes for a long weekend staying with a Luton fan.  If neither of us playing locally then we head to Morecambe or Barrow.  Just seen that Eastleigh are at Barrow so Holker St it is for an amateur scouting trip.

Don't fuck about with that, get yourself up Helvellyn
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 20:41:20 »

Off to the lakes for a long weekend staying with a Luton fan.  If neither of us playing locally then we head to Morecambe or Barrow.  Just seen that Eastleigh are at Barrow so Holker St it is for an amateur scouting trip.
I suspect Barrow is my local club now, must try and get to a game sometime
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, October 28, 2016, 00:38:56 »

I'd like to see Barrow back in the FL.  Very hard done by, they finished 3rd from bottom in 71/72, yet were voted out.

Stockport and Crewe finished below them and by current rules would have taken the Oxford/Bristol Rovers into non league.

Fred Else's goalkeeping performance in 67 when Barrow won at the CG...was at the time widely regarded as the finest ever seen by a visiting custodian.
Talk Talk

« Reply #140 on: Friday, October 28, 2016, 01:05:08 »

Eastleigh, apart from Benny Hill, is famous like Swindon for its railway works....they churned out Southern Railways cack, not really fit to share the same rails as the Great Western, so a bit embarrassing.

Amazingly, part of the Eastleigh works still houses railway usage.....we've got some shops.  Sad

Wash your mouth out Reg. Eastleigh gave us the Tadpoles that used to ply the Reading to Tonbridge line. Old skool DMUs

http://www.bloodandcustard.com/tadpoles001.html
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, October 28, 2016, 07:50:26 »

I'd like to see Barrow back in the FL.  Very hard done by, they finished 3rd from bottom in 71/72, yet were voted out.

Stockport and Crewe finished below them and by current rules would have taken the Oxford/Bristol Rovers into non league.

Fred Else's goalkeeping performance in 67 when Barrow won at the CG...was at the time widely regarded as the finest ever seen by a visiting custodian.

Remember that well, brilliant.
Only slightly above Peter Downsborough on his return with Bradford.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, October 28, 2016, 07:57:57 »

I thought you lived in Lancaster or did I imagine that?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #143 on: Friday, October 28, 2016, 08:44:16 »

Remember that well, brilliant.
Only slightly above Peter Downsborough on his return with Bradford.
Downs borough was amazing that evening. We battered them and lost 1 0 and downsborough chaired off the pitch by the town end.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, October 28, 2016, 09:19:11 »

I thought you lived in Lancaster or did I imagine that?

Did until earlier this year, now moved up into the south lakes, about half way between Barra and Lancaster.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, October 28, 2016, 10:09:04 »

Wash your mouth out Reg. Eastleigh gave us the Tadpoles that used to ply the Reading to Tonbridge line. Old skool DMUs

http://www.bloodandcustard.com/tadpoles001.html

A decent enough loco....but more Southern Region (BR) than Southern Railway. Nice read though, I like the attention to detail.

I'd rather have a Southern engine than nothing at all, and I suppose with hindsight there was a certain charm about them, nevertheless, for aestetics and efficiency you can't beat the GWR.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, October 28, 2016, 10:14:17 »

Downs borough was amazing that evening. We battered them and lost 1 0 and downsborough chaired off the pitch by the town end.

I missed that one....must have been amazing.   Bantams had the wonderfully named Ces Podd playing for them.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, October 28, 2016, 20:54:34 »

I'll ask my Dad
Talk Talk

« Reply #148 on: Friday, October 28, 2016, 22:17:09 »

I'd rather have a Southern engine than nothing at all, and I suppose with hindsight there was a certain charm about them, nevertheless, for aestetics and efficiency you can't beat the GWR.

Oh, come on Reg, the Bulleid Pacifics were like the Space Shuttle of their day? West Country, Battle of Britain and particularly the heavy Merchant Navy classes. Even as a GWR admirer they were pretty fabulous, they look like they are made of man sized Meccano - as revolutionary as the Gresley streamliners

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 00:17:59 »

I remember being out at Fairford when the Space Shuttle landed on the back of a 747.....some time in the early 80's. Being a child of Sputnik and Telstar...I wanted to get close up to this bit of kit.

Very impressive....the Americans have lost their way since.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: