Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wombles away  (Read 24825 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 18:45:50 »

We have had a trialist score a couple, is he set to be the next Charlie?  I doubt it.

It is frustrating, with an Ajose we'd have won yesterday, not because we'd necessarily deserved it but because he'd have nicked something, same can be said of a couple of other games so far such is the standard of the league this term.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 18:49:49 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton
Bizarrely, the first example going back was 09/10, when several player shared 2 goals, including Billy Paynter, who went on to get 26... Austin

well that's shut me up Smiley genuinely amazed at that stat, I know he had penalty duty but even so that's some form turnaround.

unfortunately as said I suppose Charlie was the key
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 20:31:11 »

We have had a trialist score a couple, is he set to be the next Charlie?  I doubt it.

It is frustrating, with an Ajose we'd have won yesterday, not because we'd necessarily deserved it but because he'd have nicked something, same can be said of a couple of other games so far such is the standard of the league this term.
This. Bolton being an example.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 13:43:33 »

Just an observation from Saturday to illustrate why some or maybe the majority of the fan base become frustrated with the style of play.

In the first five minutes, Iandolo in a good crossing position on the left wing, two players in the box. A couple of passes later and the ball is back on the halfway line. Collective groan from all around.

Also, normally look forward to the rare occasions when we are able to stand on a terrace. Kings Meadow is very much the exception to this.
For a relatively new stadium (1989) there are no excuses for making the terracing so shallow.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #154 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:35:50 »

Tomorrow against Rochdale is going to be a very difficult game with them on the back of a 7 matches in a row winning run, they have only let in 2 goals in the last 5 games too.

Hopefully we didn't pick up any extra injuries this weekend.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:39:51 »

Tomorrow against Rochdale is going to be a very difficult game with them on the back of a 7 matches in a row winning run, they have only let in 2 goals in the last 5 games too.

Just the Yaser suspension ......so far!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:43:31 »

is that served tomorrow? bugger. Smith...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:45:06 »

Bizarrely their excellent run and our utter ineptitude at the CG offers our best chance. It's very difficult to keep such runs going past 6 or so games, and even when we've been uber shit like 10/11, losing 5 in a row at home is rare, although of course we managed it last season.

So a draw might not be beyond the realms of fantasy. The crowd might look a bit sorry though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:46:57 »

Quote from: Batch
is that served tomorrow? bugger. Smith...
to answer my own question

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions/clubdiscipline?league=32&club=10631221
Panda Paws

« Reply #159 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:50:41 »

Just an observation from Saturday to illustrate why some or maybe the majority of the fan base become frustrated with the style of play.

In the first five minutes, Iandolo in a good crossing position on the left wing, two players in the box. A couple of passes later and the ball is back on the halfway line. Collective groan from all around.

Also, normally look forward to the rare occasions when we are able to stand on a terrace. Kings Meadow is very much the exception to this.
For a relatively new stadium (1989) there are no excuses for making the terracing so shallow.

There's no point in crossing it to a crowded penalty box resembling land of the giants with just Goddard and maybe Delf in there though is there. We're better off coming out again.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 15:11:07 »

There's no point in crossing it to a crowded penalty box resembling land of the giants with just Goddard and maybe Delf in there though is there. We're better off coming out again.

When we had Mighty Michael Smith and Andy Williams up top, a couple of years back with crosses being provided by Byrne and Toffolo....they scored 35 between them....SJO waded in with 9.

Considering Smith was a big un, not many were headed goals, more seemed to be low crosses that were swept in, if there was a template goal at all.  

Barry into Ajose last season was similarly a feature, again no headers. It's kind of what you're meant to do with wing backs. Neither of Delfonouso or Norris, seem to make the runs, SJO will, but he's always injured.

So really as things stand, we haven't  got an attacking template goal in us, which is why the odd goal comes from an unlikely source, maybe a pen or OG, or perhaps a corner, roughly every few games.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #161 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 15:41:56 »

So really as things stand, we haven't  got an attacking template goal in us, which is why the odd goal comes roughly every few games.
Corrected Wink

Peter Venkman

« Reply #162 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 15:51:43 »

Looks like none of the injured players will be back in contention tomorrow then according to LW.

“Lloyd Jones is still rehabilitating at the moment and he’s back with Liverpool. I think it is fair to say that they’ve got every resource available to them, so he’s there and he’s making progress," added Williams.

“It was good to see Brad Barry back on Saturday and anyone who has watched us over the last eighteen months or whatever it has been will know that Bradley’s quality and his commitment has never been in question.

“Just to have Michael Doughty back in the building is brilliant and it gives everyone a boost. The sooner we can get him back fit and on the pitch the better.

“Jon Obika is progressing, he’s still a little bit of a way off but he’s progressing and hopefully he’ll be back on the grass soon.

hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 16:36:57 »

Thought the back four worked well v Wimbledon.  N.Thompson can definitely play as a centre back in a two. Encouraged by Iandolo: great touch and can go by players.  My team v Rochdale would be:

Vigouroux
  Barry           Thomas                       Thompson       Brophy
                     Furlong                       Rodgers
             Goddard                Murray               Iandolo
                                       Delfouneso

Norris and T.Smith to come on.

Anyone know if BOO is injured or if there has been a bust up after the Bolton debacle?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 17:23:40 »

Thought the back four worked well v Wimbledon.  N.Thompson can definitely play as a centre back in a two. Encouraged by Iandolo: great touch and can go by players.  My team v Rochdale would be:

Vigouroux
  Barry           Thomas                       Thompson       Brophy
                     Furlong                       Rodgers
             Goddard                Murray               Iandolo
                                       Delfouneso

Norris and T.Smith to come on.

Anyone know if BOO is injured or if there has been a bust up after the Bolton debacle?

Don't think you can get away with both Barry and Brophy as full backs. Furlong shows some idea of defensive discipline, so I'd leave him at RB. Straight swap Smith for Kasim for me.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: