Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wombles away  (Read 24868 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 07:39:52 »

Fans moaning about moaning fans. Classic.

I'd hazard a guess that some fans at most clubs would be just the same after nigh on 2 years of shite.

I take each game individually - bollocks to extrapolating how things will turn out eventually.

Bolton was absolute cack so I wont be going Tuesday. If they, miraculously, stop Rochdale winning 10 games in a row I'll be there Saturday.

Now, that's what pisses fans off. Fucking Rochdale winning 9 in a row and we can't win a fucking raffle..

Hope is what keeps fans going to games and there's precious little of that at the moment.
If you take each game individually, why let one game influence whether you attend another? Yes, Bolton was shit, but surely the Wimbledon result/performance was encouraging - why not let this influence your decision to go Tuesday?

I don't get this almost sense of entitlement (x team is winning, so we should be winning; we're not winning so it is permissible to spit personal abuse at players/staff), especially when for most of the time in most games, the players are obviously trying. They're just not good enough to win games, at the moment.

Hope may keep some fans from going to games. The lack of wins keeps customers away.

STFC is an average third division club that's not performing very well in a poor division. It has happened before, it will happen again. I suppose there are a dwindling number of us 'grey' fans that can accept this and just get on with watching and supporting our chosen team.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 08:08:27 »

Walsall D
Rochdale D
QPR D
Chesterfield L
Gillingham D
Peterborough D
Oxford L
Oldham W
Shrewsbury D
Wimbledon D

Even if you're desperate enough to call QPR a defeat, I still haven't a clue what you're on about.

What does the W next to Oldham mean?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 08:54:50 »

What does the W next to Oldham mean?

Wankers?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 09:00:40 »

Walsall D
Rochdale D
QPR D
Chesterfield L
Gillingham D
Peterborough D
Oxford L
Oldham W
Shrewsbury D
Wimbledon D

Even if you're desperate enough to call QPR a defeat, I still haven't a clue what you're on about.

Don't include cup games in league game sequences.....having had a few I forgot to factor in yesterday, so it should be 3 defeats in the last 10.

Away form like that over a season would give you 20 points on the road, not too bad, but puts pressure on the home form to find the other 32.  Last season that is how many we got at the CG.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 11:21:55 »

Not much to add - defensively solid, thanks to a combination of a change in formation, limited opposition and the absence of Branco who has become a complete liability in recent weeks. Thompson and Thomas both impressive as has been said.

I never thought we were going to score and our complete lack of threat is likely to see us in trouble. It's a shame we cannot bring in any loans until January as I am sure Power would have acted by now with reinforcements.

Embleton really did not help himself by constantly engaging with the supporters shouting verbal abuse at him and Williams. After the penalty was awarded he turned around to face our fans and stared them out for at least a minute which was never going to end well.

More chants against Power, 'fuck off Lee Power, get out of our club' and 'we want Power out' was sung loud and clear during the first half...I wonder if he made the trip.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 15:21:21 »

Looking at the highlights the AFC #9 briefly tried to tell the ref it wasn't a penalty before going along with the majority
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 15:29:18 »

there were more Swindon chances in the YouTube highlights than I thought there would be.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 16:22:58 »

Looking at the highlights the AFC #9 briefly tried to tell the ref it wasn't a penalty before going along with the majority
It's a proper token effort though isn't it!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 17:24:30 »

If you take each game individually, why let one game influence whether you attend another? Yes, Bolton was shit, but surely the Wimbledon result/performance was encouraging - why not let this influence your decision to go Tuesday?

I don't get this almost sense of entitlement (x team is winning, so we should be winning; we're not winning so it is permissible to spit personal abuse at players/staff), especially when for most of the time in most games, the players are obviously trying. They're just not good enough to win games, at the moment.

Hope may keep some fans from going to games. The lack of wins keeps customers away.

STFC is an average third division club that's not performing very well in a poor division. It has happened before, it will happen again. I suppose there are a dwindling number of us 'grey' fans that can accept this and just get on with watching and supporting our chosen team.

This is my 6th decade supporting Town and, like many of a similar ilk, the buzz has disappeared completely so it doesn't take much nowadays for me to give a game a miss.

I've seen us relegated at Newport, thrashed 7-0 at Bolton and the mega highs of 3 Wembley visits to more than balance out the shit seasons.

The combination of not going to the pub before a game very often, sitting down and a complete lack of atmosphere has diluted my 'passion' somewhat.

All that and the creeping realisation that we really are on a downward spiral makes me a stop-go fan these days.

Fwiw, I think giving the manager a hard time is fair game - not so the players.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 17:52:13 »

I wonder if any other league 1 club has 2 fairly regular strikers that dont have a goal between them?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 17:59:22 »

Not a surprise though. Fonz has 16 in 165. players can come good at a club or in a system but fuck me he's hidden any sign of it well.

madness to have only him and Norris  when Obika is so injury prone..

not sure where power/Williams saw the goals coming from.

Still think Norris could get a dozen this season, obika a few more, but then what?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 18:04:49 »

Not a surprise though. Fonz has 16 in 165. players can come good at a club or in a system but fuck me he's hidden any sign of it well.

madness to have only him and Norris  when Obika is so injury prone..

not sure where power/Williams saw the goals coming from.

Still think Norris could get a dozen this season, obika a few more, but then what?

Think the hope was that Goddard could chip in with some significant numbers....he is currently joint second leading goal scorer.......with 1  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 18:08:26 »

yeah I guess so. he might yet. seems to be struggling a bit with pace of game to me but I have a feeling he'll come good ( not that he's bad). Murray and doughty should get a few too with luck
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 18:23:39 »

From a SW London report

'Them: allegedly ravaged by injury but I wonder if that did them a favour, it sometimes does when your out-of-form players have a week or two off.

What was left looked a young team, decent in possession and uninhibited in their attacking play. They had little threat up front but – unlike the opposition at The Ricoh a week or two back – I didn’t see a side heading for relegation.'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 18:32:02 »

I wonder if any other league 1 club has 2 fairly regular strikers that dont have a goal between them?

I suppose Oldham or Cov could fit the bill.

Interestingly, I wondered if there'd ever been a season when after 13 games our leading scorers only had 2 goals.  Bizarrely, the first example going back was 09/10, when several player shared 2 goals, including Billy Paynter, who went on to get 26 and Charlie Austin had yet to play....and he got 20 including PO games.

So all hope is not lost  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: