Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wombles away  (Read 24874 times)
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 21:06:58 »

Another one here to add to the 'embarrassed and ashamed' of some in our section today - calling them supporters just doesn't seem the right word.  Dimwitted fuckery and ignorance of the lowest order - abuse, provocation and ridicule of our own, of the vilest kind - damn you and your poisonous bile.  From before the game, to incredibly, booing after it, yuk.

As for the game, enforced though it was, we looked so much more comfortable in 4-2-3-1...OK little threat whatsoever that we might score, but considerably more solid at the back.  Vigs and Thomas were excellent, Nathan imperious, and I'm going to out on a limb and say well played Anton too.  All put a shift in, genuinely looked like they gave a toss, and generally, performing with that application and determination will see us turn the corner.

Wimbledon were agricultural.  A bunch of blokes pulled out of the gym for the afternoon to bully their way around the pitch - fair play to them and The Fairytale for getting this far.  If you can get away with it, why not?  As usual, the officials gave us nothing, collectively ignoring their 90 minutes of physical shithousery, to avoid making difficult decisions.

So all in all, a decent willingness to mix it and deserved point, in tough circumstances made even harder by some of our own finest.  For the sake of the rest of the season and perhaps beyond, let's hope that the players and staff draw strength from some positives rather than get sucked into and absorbed by the negative cesspit.

Roll on Tuesday.  
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 21:14:45 »

I think that's why it's annoying though, because the players are trying. Getting on someone's back when they're trying to do something and they're just as frustrated as you is about as counterproductive as it gets.

I completely agree, the players are trying, perhaps apart from Kasim who seems to be strolling through games at the moment, I'd almost be tempted to play Tom Smith ahead of him at the moment. Talking of midfield I can't wait to have Doughty back, I think his drive and energy is massively missed currently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 21:51:57 »

I've mentioned it before but I'll say it again....

Forget Power or the style of football it's the sheer number of absolute twats that follow us (not calling them fans or supporters) that are making me lose interest. It's getting increasingly difficult to support a club when you hate a significant portion of the so called fanbase!
Panda Paws

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 21:58:11 »

Forget Power or the style of football it's the sheer number of absolute twats that follow us (not calling them fans or supporters) that are making me lose interest. It's getting increasingly difficult to support a club when you hate a significant portion of the so called fanbase!

Agreed. And great post Christy.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 22:05:59 »

Quote from: theakston2k

that's just odd to me. you get people moaning, but singling out people for continuing abuse is fairly rare in my opinion, other than the odd 'for fucks sake soinso pull your finger out ....' type comments

there is a guy who sits near us for whom whatever the players do it's wrong. we just take the piss a bit.

you get moaners at all clubs,.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 22:13:11 »

that's just odd to me. you get people moaning, but singling out people for continuing abuse is fairly rare in my opinion, other than the odd 'for fucks sake soinso pull your finger out ....' type comments

there is a guy who sits near us for whom whatever the players do it's wrong. we just take the piss a bit.

You don't many 'supporters' of other clubs behaving like ours did today. I also just made the mistake of looking at the Facebook page and they are outraged the coaching staff and players reacted to being called cunts all game.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 22:25:48 »

Over the course of the last 11 away games we've conceded 21 including 6 at Scunny. We've won once.

Right then, so over the course of the last 10 games we've conceded 15 and lost twice.

You are determined to make everything as negative and downbeat as you possibly can. You are well aware that you have been consistently (and drastically) wrong over a period of several years, but are a little too arrogant to acknowledge your consistent and comprehensive inaccuracies  Bye
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 22:30:30 »

Awful game. We were satisfyingly alright at the back, inevitably shite in the final third.

special mention to the baldy twat who decided it would be a good idea to bang on the dugout perspex above embleton's head in the first half. Fuck off back to your zoo enclosure with your other mates, you utter cunts.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 23:21:41 »

Agreed.

I've been to several games where I've been (I believe understandably) unhappy with the performance but I've felt so much worse about it due to the constant moaning of dickheads around me.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 23:27:38 »

Agreed.

I've been to several games where I've been (I believe understandably) unhappy with the performance but I've felt so much worse about it due to the constant moaning of dickheads around me.

with you there. We have some great fans, but we also have some absolute helmets that go and watch us, sadly, they are the more vocal ones.

We almost had a version of 'Wimbledon's a shithole, I want to go home' today. Geographically inaccurate and also a song we can almost never sing (doubt we are going to be playing Aleppo City anytime soon) without taking the total piss.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 23:31:24 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 00:45:34 »

Right then, so over the course of the last 10 games we've conceded 15 and lost twice.

You are determined to make everything as negative and downbeat as you possibly can. You are well aware that you have been consistently (and drastically) wrong over a period of several years, but are a little too arrogant to acknowledge your consistent and comprehensive inaccuracies  Bye

No. Over the last 10 we've lost 4.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 05:02:23 »

Fans moaning about moaning fans. Classic.

I'd hazard a guess that some fans at most clubs would be just the same after nigh on 2 years of shite.

I take each game individually - bollocks to extrapolating how things will turn out eventually.

Bolton was absolute cack so I wont be going Tuesday. If they, miraculously, stop Rochdale winning 10 games in a row I'll be there Saturday.

Now, that's what pisses fans off. Fucking Rochdale winning 9 in a row and we can't win a fucking raffle..

Hope is what keeps fans going to games and there's precious little of that at the moment.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 06:59:08 »

Fans moaning about moaning fans. Classic.

There is a vast difference between moaning and the verbal abuse that was everywhere yesterday.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 07:09:36 »

No. Over the last 10 we've lost 4.

Walsall D
Rochdale D
QPR D
Chesterfield L
Gillingham D
Peterborough D
Oxford L
Oldham W
Shrewsbury D
Wimbledon D

Even if you're desperate enough to call QPR a defeat, I still haven't a clue what you're on about.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 07:13:07 by ferret » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 07:30:49 »

Quote from: theakston2k

You don't many 'supporters' of other clubs behaving like ours did today. I also just made the mistake of looking at the Facebook page and they are outraged the coaching staff and players reacted to being called cunts all game.

as I said, in my experience personal abuse like that is pretty rare. that said I sit in the drs. if he gets it every week from the arkells you have a point.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: