Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is football shit  (Read 22966 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 15:46:29 »

Taunton away will suit me down to the ground! as long as they win their replay!

We had Taunton back in 81/82, technically an away game but switched to the CG. We struggled to beat them and went down.

Given our recent FA cup form, I wouldn't feel confident about beating any non league side....so a Div 4 side would do, say Pompey away.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #91 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 17:03:44 »

We had Taunton back in 81/82, technically an away game but switched to the CG. We struggled to beat them and went down.

Given our recent FA cup form, I wouldn't feel confident about beating any non league side....so a Div 4 side would do, say Pompey away.
We did indeed I was there, it was between the CG and Trashton Gate to be the ground it was moved to, ended up 2-1 IIRC on a wet afternoon. That was 20 years before I moved down here.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #92 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 17:04:34 »

Yes 2-1 indeed but I don't remember it being such a late winner.

EDIT: I love Howard Pritchard so unpredictable, brilliant one game shit the next!

Mind you that was a shit season.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 17:08:18 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 17:27:09 »

Yes 2-1 indeed but I don't remember it being such a late winner.

EDIT: I love Howard Pritchard so unpredictable, brilliant one game shit the next!

Mind you that was a shit season.

Great clip. A different world.  One where Town wore yellow shirts at the CG  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 17:38:37 »

Great clip. A different world.  One where Town wore yellow shirts at the CG  Smiley
One of my fave games at the CG in the FA cup was against March Town Utd in 78 we beat them 2-0 but their chairman (in the matchday programme) promised them £20 in beef steaks for each player for every goal they scored against us, yes he was a butcher by trade in March town.

Those were the days. Smiley

Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 17:40:00 »

"Tight Mikes Tyres"
That's a blast from the past  Wink
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 21:22:27 »

Pint
Has done for around a year, works for Chelsea TV too

Cheers, I don't live in Swindon and even if I would I probably wouldn't listen to BBC Wilts  Cheesy good for him though

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Panda Paws

« Reply #97 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 08:59:39 »

Brophy loves beating his man.

So much so he'll go back and do it again.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 10:04:09 »

He played their v the scum in the tinpot cup and was incredibly wasteful, his final ball is terrible.

I see why some think he has potential but I am not yet convinced he is League 1 standard. The weakness of our full/wing backs is a big part of the problem in terms of our overall struggle. Him and Boo are both capable of the odd decent performance but neither are good enough to start consistently currently.

To be fair to him he was playing on his weaker foot.

I rate Brophy. You normally get a good half out of him and when he plays well, we play well. He's not the finished product yet and I'd agree he needs to be utilised in an attacking role more and encouraged to take players on
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 12:05:25 »

To be fair to him he was playing on his weaker foot.

I rate Brophy. You normally get a good half out of him and when he plays well, we play well. He's not the finished product yet and I'd agree he needs to be utilised in an attacking role more and encouraged to take players on

Another Brophy fan.

In recent games he has taken on his man a lot more, he is deceptively quick. Once he gets a final ball adapted into his game he'll be a real asset.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #100 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 12:09:17 »

In recent games he has taken on his man a lot more, he is deceptively quick. Once he gets a final ball adapted into his game he'll be a real asset.
Similar to Byrne in his 2/3rd seasons with us, improve the final ball and he will be a major asset to us.

On Saturday Doughty said there is nobody at the club that can get anywhere near him in a 50 yard sprint.

Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 12:25:18 »

Similar to Byrne in his 2/3rd seasons with us, improve the final ball and he will be a major asset to us.

On Saturday Doughty said there is nobody at the club that can get anywhere near him in a 50 yard sprint.

Well fucking lob the ball over the top and let him chase it.
Just an idea   Bye

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #102 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 14:28:41 »

Given that Kasim appears to have given up, Brophy is the only one that gets me excited when he gets the ball. It is just so boring at the moment. As others have said, stick someone (not BOO) behind Brophy and let him loose. Basically try 4 at the back and let Brophy go. what have het got to lose, other than matches we look to lose anyway.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #103 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 17:35:46 »

We were technically the away side and they played in red so away kit needed. Remember it being a bit feisty afterwards with loads of Slave Traders swelling the away support. Also remember Boreham Wood and Hitchin as well as March Town. Hitchin was called off during the game and replayed - sure I had to pay again.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 18:26:22 »

We were technically the away side and they played in red so away kit needed. Remember it being a bit feisty afterwards with loads of Slave Traders swelling the away support. Also remember Boreham Wood and Hitchin as well as March Town. Hitchin was called off during the game and replayed - sure I had to pay again.

I remember there being some trouble at the Taunton game, as you say there were some Brizzle fans amongst them
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: