Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is football shit  (Read 22993 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 09:22:18 »

Hero, Idol and Legend in that order? Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 09:43:31 »

There have been plenty who would fall into the "Idle" category over the years.

Normally even in a struggling team there have always been one or two players who would still have an expectation of doing something to excite the crowd.

Football becomes really shit when there isn't even that small sense of anticipation to provide some cheer.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 09:58:39 »

There have been plenty who would fall into the "Idle" category over the years.

Normally even in a struggling team there have always been one or two players who would still have an expectation of doing something to excite the crowd.

Football becomes really shit when there isn't even that small sense of anticipation to provide some cheer.

Very true.  Of our current lot I'd put James Brophy into "an expectation of doing something" category.  It's just so far, he hasn't really done anything.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #78 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 10:02:57 »

Very true.  Of our current lot I'd put James Brophy into "an expectation of doing something" category.  It's just so far, he hasn't really done anything.
A bit like Anthony McNamee.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 10:05:34 »

I'd like to explore yesterday's formation further in the coming weeks and try to get the best out of him by letting him loose as a winger, he's got the beating of most full backs in the division, time to exploit that more.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #80 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 10:11:24 »

I like Brophy he has pace, can cross a ball fairly well, his shooting leave a little to be desried but thats not an issue for a winger.

But he needs a defender behind him so he can freely run at defences who he is quite capable of beating consistantly, without worrying about being caught out of position. He is not a wingback.

Might even be worth playing him as an inverted winger on the right like Byrne and Ritchie who both did well in that position.

I hope too that game time will being consistancy for him too.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 10:27:17 »

I'd like to explore yesterday's formation further in the coming weeks and try to get the best out of him by letting him loose as a winger, he's got the beating of most full backs in the division, time to exploit that more.

Good call.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 10:31:49 »

Brophy loves beating his man.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 11:15:27 »

Might even be worth playing him as an inverted winger on the right like Byrne and Ritchie who both did well in that position.
He played their v the scum in the tinpot cup and was incredibly wasteful, his final ball is terrible.

I see why some think he has potential but I am not yet convinced he is League 1 standard. The weakness of our full/wing backs is a big part of the problem in terms of our overall struggle. Him and Boo are both capable of the odd decent performance but neither are good enough to start consistently currently.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 11:27:57 »

He played their v the scum in the tinpot cup and was incredibly wasteful, his final ball is terrible.

I see why some think he has potential but I am not yet convinced he is League 1 standard. The weakness of our full/wing backs is a big part of the problem in terms of our overall struggle. Him and Boo are both capable of the odd decent performance but neither are good enough to start consistently currently.
Got to disagree on Brophy there Chang. Needs a run of games in an attacking role to expect any sort of consistency from him. Has loads of potential & always causes the full back problems, particularly in one one situations. Boo on the other hand........

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 11:40:47 »

Agree he warrants a run in a more advanced position. He certainly needs to work on his crossing but I would much rather persevere with him over Boo. Jury's out on both of them in a defensive role.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #86 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 11:48:52 »

Jury's out on both of them in a defensive role.
I think the jury has sat on them both defensively, a unanimous verdict of not being good enough.

Attacking wise though I see lots more potential in Brophy than BOO.

Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 13:30:25 »

Watched Devizes Town res v Cricklade Town yesterday and the footy was quite good imo.
Really enjoyed the game, not even close to shit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 15:25:09 »

Watched Devizes Town res v Cricklade Town yesterday and the footy was quite good imo.
Really enjoyed the game, not even close to shit.

1st round draw of the FA Cup tomorrow, we may be able to acquaint ourselves with an outfit not too far above these in the the pyramid.....Westfields FC of Herefordshire are the equivalent of Div 9.  They'd be fun.

Surely though the football gods have got to give us Solihull Moors, so that we can get Jed back in town  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #89 on: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 15:30:00 »

Taunton away will suit me down to the ground! as long as they win their replay!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: