Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Washbag article  (Read 19520 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 13:57:10 »

Huh?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 14:04:15 »

Pitchforks to the ready. 

No room for happy clappers pretending to be grey on here.   

You are the spawn of Flashheart (who is getting a bigger tonking on the matchday thread than even STFC usually enjoy)

Onwards and downwards!

I wish I could understand what you are trying to say here, but to be honest I have no fucking clue..

I think FH will agree that I am certainly no spawn of him.  I agree with him on some points and I disagree with him on others, as I did in yesterdays MDT, but in the end (as previously described) I just thought, meh.. 

I am impressed by your creative mind though, if not somewhat confused

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 14:12:51 »

Forums and social media were all around and very active in Iffy's reign.

The old Rivals site, was always fun.

I think it's good that people have a forum for a vent.....shows they care. Our lower league football is a great aspect of British working class culture, long may it last.

It's always been the case that sometimes attending is more about the social side than the result because we have been gash.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 15:24:39 »

I wish I could understand what you are trying to say here, but to be honest I have no fucking clue..

I think FH will agree that I am certainly no spawn of him.  I agree with him on some points and I disagree with him on others, as I did in yesterdays MDT, but in the end (as previously described) I just thought, meh.. 

I am impressed by your creative mind though, if not somewhat confused
Actually sympathetic to any voices of moderation such as yours and feel any positives stated (as by Flasheart) on the matchday thread are taking a bit of a hammering

Confusing myself too in truth Wink

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 15:53:50 »

I've found myself being less bothered about STFC as I've got older. I find it a bit of an obligation now and living away means I'm less inclined to go. I've enjoyed watching Fulham games recently far more than most Town games simply because I enjoy it for the occasion.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 17:33:50 »

The club is drifting.  As fans, I think we've all given Lee Power a fair go.  But we're a few years in now, and the only vision he seems to have is financial self-sustainability.  That's a foundation on which to build other things, not a raison d'etre.

I want to hear something from the owner about how he intends to take us to the next level.  There's nothing in that respect coming from anyone right now.  It's as if the owner and the club's management are content for us to bimble along the foot of Division Three for the foreseeable future.

That will inspire no one other than those who already have a Swindon Town habit.  It's a recipe for longer term decline.  We could be so much better than this.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 17:41:38 »

The club is drifting.  As fans, I think we've all given Lee Power a fair go.  But we're a few years in now, and the only vision he seems to have is financial self-sustainability.  That's a foundation on which to build other things, not a raison d'etre.

I want to hear something from the owner about how he intends to take us to the next level.  There's nothing in that respect coming from anyone right now.  It's as if the owner and the club's management are content for us to bimble along the foot of Division Three for the foreseeable future.

That will inspire no one other than those who already have a Swindon Town habit.  It's a recipe for longer term decline.  We could be so much better than this.

Totally agree. It's a shame that the increased crowds from the Fitton era are now dropping off. I fear we could be heading back to the sub 6,000 days pretty soon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 18:00:30 »

Totally agree. It's a shame that the increased crowds from the Fitton era are now dropping off. I fear we could be heading back to the sub 6,000 days pretty soon.

The next home game is against Rochdale on a Tuesday night. So I'd have thought fewer than 6,000 highly likely.

The 4 teams currently occupying the PO places have all visited the CG, so far this season, we actually beat one of them... Vale.

None of them have actually looked any good.  I guess it's around the turn of the year that the serious contenders start to get going.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 18:03:40 »

Pitchforks to the ready. 

No room for happy clappers pretending to be grey on here.   

You are the spawn of Flashheart (who is getting a bigger tonking on the matchday thread than even STFC usually enjoy)

Onwards and downwards!

Flasheart has the (probably) unwanted luxury of not actually seeing us play as he's out in Asia or somewhere. So it's radio streams and odd games like Peterborough for him.

Game after game of this current shit live is a killer, I can tell you. The rage mists all.....

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 18:07:51 »

I think this sums it all up best.

I admire Power for trying to get us sustainable - but that has to be the foundations for something more.
Currently it appears the ambition to progress on the pitch isn't there.

That's what has put me off the most in truth. The worst thing in football is the apathy of clubs just happy to make up the numbers (in that aspect Oldham must be the worst team in England to support, not done anything in about what? 22 years?)

Quite frankly, now....even one season struggle and getting relegated from the Championship would be a nice change.

Say what you will about everything else that came with it...both on and off the pitch but Di Canio's desire to win games and progress is exactly what the club needs. Even if we can't actually provide the means financially or otherwise to do....just a bit of ambition would be nice.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 18:16:17 »

I really meant transparent in why he's here - to make money.

Fans have always had a somewhat fairytale view of their owners as altruistic types. Again, the internet has loads of previous on almost anyone.

It's why the 'Power Out' brigade just can't get their heads round the fact that the majority of owners would be of similar ilk.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 18:16:57 »

You know what, has anyone actually asked him explain the plan on a phone in?

I know he gets touchy when financials are asked, but he surely can't take offence at asking about the long term plan/lack of plan.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 18:19:13 »

Lets be honest were all abit pissed at the way things are going BUT I'm sure lee power is just as pissed if not more, what player assets do we have this current season so far, were at the wrong end of the table and the fans are constantly moaning. What's next? I'm sure this isn't going to the power master plan
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 18:19:30 »

I really meant transparent in why he's here - to make money.

Fans have always had a somewhat fairytale view of their owners as altruistic types. Again, the internet has loads of previous on almost anyone.

It's why the 'Power Out' brigade just can't get their heads round the fact that the majority of owners would be of similar ilk.

Sorry Rory, I deleted my post because I thought it was going off at a tangent.

That said, an unclear "how much do we owe him on what terms" doesn't help with believing in "the mission". I talk to a couple of what can be called average semi-regular non season ticket holders. They are convinced he's pocketing money..But I didn't want to go around that loop again.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 18:20:18 »

He's explained the way the club runs financially, the type of players we look for - essentially turd polishing.

Apart from saying the aim is to get to the Championship he hasn't said how his model will achieve it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: