Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Washbag article  (Read 19388 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 11:53:14 »

https://thewashbag.com/2016/10/09/oi-lee-power-were-bored-bored-bored/

Just came across this on the wash bag.. completely sums up how I currently feel about the club. Most disillusioned I've been supporting Town.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 12:00:36 »

Says it all for me too.

Maybe I've changed, maybe society has become less tolerant. But never felt like this under the dire spells of Iffy and Jimmy Quinn - who were both working in similar circumstances of if it has value, flog it.

I think its me that's changed, I think the years of hope have been ground away and replaced with indifference and an expectation of failure.

Power doesn't help himself mind.

Thing is, it is what it is until Power gets bored or someone wins the Euro lottery tripple rollover and buys him out.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 12:18:48 »

Forums and social media in general is part of the reason for the feel-bad factor.

Read enough comments on how shite everything is, on a daily basis, must colour your own attitude.

In the days of Iffy etc it was just a moan with your mates down the pub.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 12:29:10 »

Read enough comments on how shite everything is, on a daily basis, must colour your own attitude.
This part is very true I think, you can be swayed in thinking that we are shit by others critical comments even if inside you feel we arent THAT bad.

Its almost that you are convinced that your own point of view is wrong and that others maybe see a bigger picture than you do, even if it could well be the exact opposite is true.

People who are negative about things often shout the loudest and are more vocal, this is especially true on the TEF. (that post is not aimed at any one individual more of a generalization)

Also, people with a more positive outlook often get shouted down for being "too glass half full" but the reverse is true as well, that the negative posters get shot down, there is little middle ground its either black or white which detracts from debate and turns into arguments more often than not.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 12:32:52 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 12:30:19 »

Forums and social media in general is part of the reason for the feel-bad factor.

Some truth in that.
Age also, the older you get the more meh you become, for me at least.

Lack of anything uplifting over the summer meant I didn't even have a 'buzz' for the new campaign and our performances since have only driven me further into apathy.
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 12:33:01 »

Definitely.

In addition the incessant moaning, there's also too many people that readily accept rumour and speculation to be fact.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 12:35:32 »

Definitely.

In addition the incessant moaning, there's also too many people that readily accept rumour and speculation to be fact.
Thats true, then state that this is indeed FACT when more often than not it isn't. Previously that stayed in the pub or between work mates.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 12:39:30 »

In the pre-internet days nobody had any insight into any possible boardroom shenanigans.

Power is probably doing just what every owner we've ever had has done. His problem, strangely, is how transparent he has been about his ownership.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 12:45:29 »

"What new manager would want to work under Power's regime"

I see that on almost a daily basis, from people that have not spent a day working under Power's 'regime'. According to one person that has, Martin Ling, it's no different than at most other clubs. Of course Lingy 'would say that', but I'm more inclined to listen to somebody that does actually know, rather than somebody else saying so because of what some bloke said on the internet.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 12:47:20 »

Forums and social media were all around and very active in Iffy's reign.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 13:17:52 »

and Quinn I think, the good old stfc mailing list.  bit more of a restricted audience then.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 13:20:45 »

"What new manager would want to work under Power's regime"

A desperate and above all, a cheap one.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 13:36:01 »

This part is very true I think, you can be swayed in thinking that we are shit by others critical comments even if inside you feel we arent THAT bad.

Its almost that you are convinced that your own point of view is wrong and that others maybe see a bigger picture than you do, even if it could well be the exact opposite is true.

People who are negative about things often shout the loudest and are more vocal, this is especially true on the TEF. (that post is not aimed at any one individual more of a generalization)

Also, people with a more positive outlook often get shouted down for being "too glass half full" but the reverse is true as well, that the negative posters get shot down, there is little middle ground its either black or white which detracts from debate and turns into arguments more often than not.

Totally agree with this.  There seems to be more black & white posters (not racist) and less grey to level out the perception on here.  The black posters refuse to see the white posters point of view and vice versa, even to the point where each side mock and belittle each other for having a differing opinion to themselves.  The ability to see both points of view and have more of a realistic perspective seems to be much rarer these days.  The Black & White posters seem to be the more vociferous and therefore the grey posters tend to not bother, because it's not worth being shouted down.

I am a grey poster, and pop my head up every now and again, but very soon tend to think, meh..

I lurk and read more than I post these days, especially in match day threads

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 13:44:58 »

Totally agree with this.  There seems to be more black & white posters (not racist) and less grey to level out the perception on here.  The black posters refuse to see the white posters point of view and vice versa, even to the point where each side mock and belittle each other for having a differing opinion to themselves.  The ability to see both points of view and have more of a realistic perspective seems to be much rarer these days.  The Black & White posters seem to be the more vociferous and therefore the grey posters tend to not bother, because it's not worth being shouted down.

I am a grey poster, and pop my head up every now and again, but very soon tend to think, meh..

I lurk and read more than I post these days, especially in match day threads
Very good & accurate post.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 13:53:51 »

The Black & White posters seem to be the more vociferous and therefore the grey posters tend to not bother, because it's not worth being shouted down.

Pitchforks to the ready.  

No room for happy clappers pretending to be grey on here.  

You are the spawn of Flashheart (who is getting a bigger tonking on the matchday thread than even STFC usually enjoy)

Onwards and downwards!
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 9, 2016, 13:56:00 by RedRag » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: