Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Williams/Embleton Phone In  (Read 15364 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 14:46:19 »

Enemableton
Amir

« Reply #46 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 14:48:52 »

You willingly apply for a job to wipe Sippos arse with socks when there is no toilet paper? wow thats commitment...you are on your own....

Times are hard.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 15:13:57 »

Enemableton

Smiley Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 18:13:13 »

it's off, first question, any chance of adding a couple of hard men into midfield/defence.

those type of players are usually experienced.. have a price tag... sees point but are trying several things.. players will develop... in a few years...

you know what, can't be fucked with this, follow it on Twitter
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 19:06:34 »

All we learnt from wasting that hour was that Hodgetts liked the sound of his own voice!!!  Playing back his own commentaries and denying people the chance of asking a question - oh and thanks for asking Will Henry's mother how her Wallace and Grommit collection was getting on!!  Phil from Highworth asked the most sensible question but never pushed his point home.  LW said it is hard to play against team that mass 10 men behind the ball, Phil had complained about the tippy tappy footy and slow build-up but should have come back and told him if we speeded it up a touch they wouldn't have time to get everybody back!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 19:17:57 »

Well, he came across OK. But he does seem very stats oriented when judging whether its working or not.

Dominating the ball is all well and good, as is creating more chances. But I must have selective memory, because in recent league games I don't recall too many clear cut chances - Nothampton aside.

Plus it means stuff all if the strikers can't convert the 24 chances we made, just gotta hope they come good.

He also said Power takes an interest in team selection/tactics, so no surprise there. Though he  did effectively say the buck stops with him.
----------------
I guess it comes down to this, I don't believe in stats/style as much as he does. He's a professional coach, I'm an armchair fan, so we should be fine. 
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 19:28:20 »

and thanks for asking Will Henry's mother how her Wallace and Grommit collection was getting on!! 

I'm actually quite intrigued, what was the answer

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 20:10:41 »

I can't remember if anyone has asked Luke what his favourite cheese is.  Cheese
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 20:24:30 »

I can't remember if anyone has asked Luke what his favourite cheese is.  Cheese
Replied - Don't know, I'll have to ask Mr Power First ...........

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 21:02:21 »

I'm actually quite intrigued, what was the answer
pmsl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: