Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Williams/Embleton Phone In  (Read 15405 times)
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 14:41:08 »

Why does your team play with no passion, no pace and is it your fault we go backwards by default.  Why do we sign wingers and play them at full back where they have no idea how to defend.  Our defence was crap last year. To fix this you brought in 2 kids with little to no experience, why ?  Why no midfielders who can tackle ?  Why is our crossing so poor ? Is it you Luke who tells them to cut it back low rather than put in a proper cross ?  There are no leaders in our team bar in my opinion Doherty who actually is seen talking to team mates and looking to tell them what they should be doing but aren't.  This means the team need guidance from the touchline yet you stand there like a wet lettuce and make Danny Wilson look energetic, are you out of your depth like many feel you are ?  You say we can't compete physically, this suggests mega ineptitude in our recruitment as we are in a physical league and it would be stupid not to be able to have players who can cope with that wouldn't it ?  Is it not stupid to continue to do the same thing all the time even when it's not working ?  Are you aware that some town fans find the way the team play as boring ?

Just needed a little rant, I feel better now. Smiley
REDBUCK

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 14:46:01 »

So are you calling in to the show then?Huh??
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 14:52:21 »

That was painful.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 14:54:42 »

Are you aware that Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Are you aware that we've played the same way for 3 years and had many different results?
Panda Paws

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:09:04 »

Why does your team play with no passion, no pace and is it your fault we go backwards by default.  Why do we sign wingers and play them at full back where they have no idea how to defend.  Our defence was crap last year. To fix this you brought in 2 kids with little to no experience, why ?  Why no midfielders who can tackle ?  Why is our crossing so poor ? Is it you Luke who tells them to cut it back low rather than put in a proper cross ?  There are no leaders in our team bar in my opinion Doherty who actually is seen talking to team mates and looking to tell them what they should be doing but aren't.  This means the team need guidance from the touchline yet you stand there like a wet lettuce and make Danny Wilson look energetic, are you out of your depth like many feel you are ?  You say we can't compete physically, this suggests mega ineptitude in our recruitment as we are in a physical league and it would be stupid not to be able to have players who can cope with that wouldn't it ?  Is it not stupid to continue to do the same thing all the time even when it's not working ?  Are you aware that some town fans find the way the team play as boring ?

Just needed a little rant, I feel better now. Smiley

Sorry what? Wingers? Doherty? Are you sure you're in the right place?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:20:29 »

It doesn't get played that often, though!

Certainly not twice for any home game this season.....OK, before some smart Alec says "it was played twice at the Bury game," I know, but over enthusiasm, rather than a counting goal.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:34:10 »

Certainly not twice for any home game this season.....OK, before some smart Alec says "it was played twice at the Bury game," I know, but over enthusiasm, rather than a counting goal.

Well except our glorious win over Chelsea. If you're counting that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:40:40 »

Well except our glorious win over Chelsea. If you're counting that.

Of course I'm not.  Did they play it after each pen on Tuesday?
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:51:11 »

I see boo and brophy as wingers who have been pushed back into full back positions panda paws. Didn't say good wingers thou not writing them off. Just feel neither has any defensive ability at all. Easily beaten to have crosses coming into our box. Don't rate Barry as a defender either.  Last year was a time turnbull played left back, not his position but he could head a ball and make a tackle like you expect defenders to be able to do. 
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:57:08 »

Of course I'm not.  Did they play it after each pen on Tuesday?

Unfortunately not
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:59:08 »

Unfortunately not

Typical Town, wasted opportunity to get the feel good factor back  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:59:52 »

l like the hooter.
I like hooters.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 16:02:56 »

l like the hooter.
I like hooters.

Yes
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 16:07:13 »

I see boo and brophy as wingers who have been pushed back into full back positions panda paws. Didn't say good wingers thou not writing them off. Just feel neither has any defensive ability at all. Easily beaten to have crosses coming into our box. Don't rate Barry as a defender either.  Last year was a time turnbull played left back, not his position but he could head a ball and make a tackle like you expect defenders to be able to do. 
The reason it's different now is that when we had Byrne and Toffolo - both decent going forward but poor defensively - is that teams were very wary of our threats on the break with Luongo, Gladwin, Williams etc.

Now they know we offer little threat and are comfortable pressing us.

What Williams needs to do is convince fans of the reasons he plays a style that last season, and this so far, has been shown to be a failure.

To be fair to him most managers have a preferred way of playing and live or die by the players he has at his disposal at any particular time.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 16:38:29 »

Byrne, in particular, was often double marked.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: