Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thomas - Branco  (Read 4788 times)
bilko

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 13:19:45 »

I'm afraid to say but Thomas should be no where near the first team and Branco too prone to too many errors at the back and its no coincidence since he has come into the side we have been leaking goals.

The start of the season with Jones Sendles-white and Thomson at the back we were playing more as a unit and looking more solid now all of a sudden there's mistakes and gift goals every week but the problem is we have no other option now Sendles-white is out for the season.
As for Thomas I don't know what he really is but he is for sure not a defender or midfield player and seen him playing in both positions he doesn't inspire me at all. In midfield he's like the gentle giant only capable of a three yard pass - doesn't tackle there is no drive at all from him and sometimes he looks lost where he should be.

I don't understand why one of the youngsters haven't been given a chance but with Doughty now back and to me he has been badly missed I can see Thomas dropping to the bench or hopefully he will be.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 14:19:49 »

I thought Thomas looks pretty decent (at times) when in the midfield. He is awful in the back 3 though. Must be pretty confusing to keep swapping positions all the time.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 14:27:08 »

When did the start of the season end? The first 3 games Thomas was playing in CB with Thompson and JSW. Jones didn't come in until after that. Thomas seems okay, he's had some decent games and some where he's been pretty anonymous.

We haven't had a steady back 3 all season really because of injuries / suspensions / call ups. Thompson has made just as many mistakes as anyone, but at least you know he'll generally put a shift in. I've never really rated Branco and think he would've been a bench warmer had JSW not been crocked by Pope.

It is what it is though. It'll be this way until January.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 14:34:37 »

Hopefully we can finally get Aaron Pierre from Wycombe. Might have been a different story had that transfer gone through.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 11:24:06 »

Hopefully we can finally get Aaron Pierre from Wycombe. Might have been a different story had that transfer gone through.

Seems our interest has alerted clubs higher than us to his ability - I think we have missed the boat there
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 11:56:57 »

Seems our interest has alerted clubs higher than us to his ability - I think we have missed the boat there
I think Pierre was on a lot of teams radars even before we tried to sign him, but we were the only ones to make a firm offer, if he continues to have a good season then his stock will rise and probably command a larger fee come January as well.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 12:00:13 »

I'd have thought our interest in a defender would have had them running to the hills.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 12:12:53 »

According to Power it was way beyond interest. He was on the way to the CG to sign when Wycombe pulled the plug due to the deal for Pierre's replacement falling through.

Wycombe are hardly having a good season so far so I can see the deal being resurrected.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 12:16:31 »

According to Power it was way beyond interest. He was on the way to the CG to sign when Wycombe pulled the plug due to the deal for Pierre's replacement falling through.

Wycombe are hardly having a good season so far so I can see the deal being resurrected.
Power did indeed say that the player was on his way to the CG when his team pulled the plug, but it was just a rumour that it was Aaron Pierre, Power would not say who it was or which club was involved, that Pierre rumour came from journos not from Power himself, so there is a chance it wasn't actually Pierre.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 12:19:15 »

You could say he is Wycombe's Pierre de résistance
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 12:37:49 »

I saw Pierre play last season and he looks like a big unit, fairly comfortable on the ball and as strong as a peadophiles password.

He would be a useful signing if it is indeed him that Power hinted to.

Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 12:39:12 »

and as strong as a peadophiles password.

I'll be using that just as soon as I get the chance.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 12:55:08 »

Power did indeed say that the player was on his way to the CG when his team pulled the plug, but it was just a rumour that it was Aaron Pierre, Power would not say who it was or which club was involved, that Pierre rumour came from journos not from Power himself, so there is a chance it wasn't actually Pierre.
Good point - but the Wycombe end were reporting he was on his way out. Probably a fairly decent 2+2=4 shout, though.

QPR were supposed to be interested, as were Burton,  but not to the extent of making any offer.

Strange, but not surprising, about Ajose struggling yet again away from STFC. Get him back?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 12:58:52 »

Strange, but not surprising, about Ajose struggling yet again away from STFC. Get him back?

I can see it. I doubt we'll be the only ones in that queue but if he's sensible he'll realise the only place he's been able to hit form is here. Won't be permanent though
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 13:11:57 »

I can see it. I doubt we'll be the only ones in that queue but if he's sensible he'll realise the only place he's been able to hit form is here. Won't be permanent though
Yeah I can't see Charlton loaning him back to a team in the same league on the same points as them. (currently)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: