Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Re: life is short  (Read 5440 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 23:41:44 »

Found out an hour or so before the Peterborough game that my dear old mum had passed away.
Diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago.
Went quietly in her sleep, but thankfully was never in any pain.

Thoughts are with all who grieve at this time.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 07:35:36 »

Wow, some really sad posts that perhaps belong in a thread of their own.

My Dad has also been diagnosed with cancer recently, he's 70 now and starts a form of chemo soon.
He's quite positive all things considered.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 16:20:39 »

I've got experience of this shit too. My old man was 66 when he went. Had an agressive brain tumour, was give 6 months, lasted 10.

The hardest part to take was because it was a brain injury, his personality changed. Visted him as much as I could but he was never the same after the initial surgery. It's been 18 months and still miss the fuck out of him.

Take care chubbs.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 16:33:26 »

Thoughts with you chubbs x

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 16:53:07 »

Sorry to hear that Chubbs, I lost my mum and dad within 6 months of each other a few years back then my father in law and mother in law 6 months after, my mum and dad both had long term illnesses but you are never prepared for it whereas my mother in law and father in law both died very very suddenly with no warning, horrible situation and I do feel for you.

I resolved a while back to live for the day and enjoy what you have got while you have it after I had to be resuscitated after my spinal surgery, it brings it home how fragile life is and then again when I got the blood clots on my lungs and nearly died afterwards.

Since my recent cancer diagnosis I genuinely cherish every day (even if I dont look or sound like I do!)

Just remember the great memories and cherish them for that way he will never be far away mentally at least.

Stay as strong as you can be, best wishes.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 18:11:05 »

So sorry to hear this and all the other posts, how sad life can be.  My dad died when he was 55, never saw me married or his three grandchildren - now one of my children is fighting cancer herself and has two young boys, I am sure most on here will agree that life sometimes is not fair!!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 18:11:59 »

That's shit. All the best...

My old is 79 and has recently fallen ill.

Booked for two examinations.

First one came back ok on Thursday....the camera is next....fingers crossed.

Clems Army!
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 18:27:33 »

Condolences Chubbs. You are his legacy and through you he still lives.

Some can go off the rails after a trauma like this - I'm a sad example - there'll be tough times ahead however keep spirited and optimistic.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 18:34:28 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 18:34:01 »

Thanks for the kind words all. I was going through a few bits tonight and as i said he was a regular at the gym, ironically he was booked in for a health MOT tomorrow.
Now things have started to sink in me, my sister and mum had a good laugh around the dinner table remembering him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 19:33:04 »

sorry to hear the news Chubbs and everyone else who has posted similar news in this thread.

the thread title is so very true.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 19:57:37 »

I had a relative pass away a few months ago to dementia.

That has to be one of the worst illnesses. A loved one not knowing who you are is hard, but having to also feed that person is heart wrenching.

I've said to the wife, that if I get dementia that bad, is that I do not want to live. It's not fair on anyone.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 08:30:34 »

That has to be one of the worst illnesses. A loved one not knowing who you are is hard, but having to also feed that person is heart wrenching.

I've said to the wife, that if I get dementia that bad, is that I do not want to live. It's not fair on anyone.
Agreed, horrible when a loved one doesn't recognise who you are.

My 25 year old mate has been diagnosed with cancer in the last week, he's struggling big time with it. Puts everything into perspective
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 08:33:25 »

My father in law died in January with a vicious strain of Alzheimer's - I echo your sentiments. It was horrific and a nasty way to go.

Condolences to all those on here affected by death and best wishes to those affected by illness. 
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 09:38:03 »

Sorry for your loss Seb.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 11:22:06 »

Thinking of everyone who's told their story in this thread.  Perspective on a Monday.  I'm going to tell my wife & kids that they're brilliant this evening.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: