Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Re: life is short  (Read 5483 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 19:45:12 »

This isn't a call for sympathy, far from it, but my old man passed away yesterday. He was 69,  still worked, went to the gym, took the grandkids swimming every week, and had the energy of a 30 year old. There was no warning what so ever, he wasn't ill, he went to work Thursday night, came home as normal went to bed and that was it.
Shows how sometimes things like this can sneak up on you and bite you on the arse without a seconds warning..
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 19:47:49 »

Fuck, sorry to hear that mate.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 19:52:24 »

I'm sorry for your loss Chubbs. My Dad is the same age and was recently diagnosed with cancer, requiring surgery which has had complications and so on. He'd never taken so much as a paracetamol before - it's hard to imagine him being 'ill', but these things do just come at you.

I suppose (without wanting to sound too cheesy and contrived) it shows us we should live our life to the fullest while we still can. He must have had a good life if he was still fit and healthy at that age. Much love and my condolences to you.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 19:57:07 »

At least he went still living life, if that makes sense.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 19:57:56 »

Shit, makes you think. Hope things are as well as they can be. 😞
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:04:34 »

I'm sorry for your loss Chubbs. My Dad is the same age and was recently diagnosed with cancer, requiring surgery which has had complications and so on. He'd never taken so much as a paracetamol before - it's hard to imagine him being 'ill', but these things do just come at you.

I suppose (without wanting to sound too cheesy and contrived) it shows us we should live our life to the fullest while we still can. He must have had a good life if he was still fit and healthy at that age. Much love and my condolences to you.
Thanks and sorry to hear about your dad. My mum is a double cancer survivor so we were sure she would be the first to go (in the nicest possible way).
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:05:14 »

Sorry to hear this Chubbs, all the best.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:07:45 »

That is heart wrenching. Thoughts are with you fella. Mrs also send hers condolences.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:51:56 »

Sorry to hear this bud.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 21:05:41 »

Sorry to hear about that Chubbs, hope you & the family are coping with your loss
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 21:15:38 »

Condolences to you and yours, Chubbs.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 21:26:16 »

No consolation I know, but when my time comes, I want to go the way chubbs dad has gone.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 22:07:32 »

As some will know my Mum died recently following a stroke.

Reading Chubbs and Ells post only reinforce the single solitary thought that has been going through my mind for the last month: life is short and can be cruelly snatched away, take care of the people you love.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 22:37:05 »

As some will know my Mum died recently following a stroke.

Reading Chubbs and Ells post only reinforce the single solitary thought that has been going through my mind for the last month: life is short and can be cruelly snatched away, take care of the people you love.

Wholeheartedly agree.

I lost my wife to MND 6 months ago, within the space of 12 months she went from still working to being bed ridden & virtually unable to speak.

Life is short & precious, make the most of it
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 23:02:00 »

Whilst we're opening up - my dad has been terminal for a few months. He was given 3 months to live 7 or so months ago. He doesn't have much of a quality of life anymore, but every time i visit him it makes me horrifically sad, then the morning after I step up my efforts in staying healthy and having fun doing so.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: