Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sir Bradley Wiggo  (Read 8499 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:34:08 »

Would you put escargot in a carbonara?!

Probably, I chuck all sorts of things together, some work better than others...
Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:37:00 »

Could work.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:45:00 »

You people disgust me.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 21:54:25 »

I'm not a full veggie or owt but I try to not eat meat every day. I can confirm that quorn is generally a bit shit, you can do much better stuff with beans and lentils and the like, but you do need to be a better cook which I guess is the advantage of quorn, you can just use it as a slightly disappointing replacement.

The mince is okay though. That said the Linda Mac sausages and pies are decent enough.

Many years ago, when I was in 6th form - about 1980 I cleaned windows.
One of my customers was Jonathon Hurt who lived in Ascott under Wychwood - maybe still does, but I've not lived there for ages.

One day I went into his kitchen to get water and he had guests.
I was invited in for a cup of tea afterwards, and was joined by Eric Clapton (I didn't know who he was) and Paul McCartney (I knew who he was).

They used to love visiting Jonathon, because they could go in the Swan next door and play darts and dominoes like normal people and not be recognised or bothered.

Anyway, my point is, Paul McCartney cooked me a bacon sandwich, and I'm pretty sure he had one too.

Don't know he he was under the grip of Veggy-fascism at that time, but he definitely didn't have a problem with meat then.
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 21:57:47 »

IF Paul McCartney made you a bacon sandwich, the you win the internet.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 22:13:14 »

I believe it. Linda was the Veggie, he was toeing the line as we all do. I bet he was in his shed every night eating bangers, smoking, and drinking. Anyway I get to test a lot of the quorn stuff as I'm the only meat eater in the house. The mince is rank, but some of the range are strangely tasty, particularly the mini eggs, and the cocktail sausages.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 06:05:08 »

On the subject of Aldis, anyone managed to get any of their Wagyu burgers in any of the Swindon stores?

I got some from the town centre one a week or so ago - they were good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 08:54:06 »

All this talk of vegetarian foods is somewhat ironic when you consider that Wiggins first professional team was the Linda McCartney Racing Team
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 09:28:35 »

Many years ago, when I was in 6th form - about 1980 I cleaned windows.
One of my customers was Jonathon Hurt who lived in Ascott under Wychwood - maybe still does, but I've not lived there for ages.

One day I went into his kitchen to get water and he had guests.
I was invited in for a cup of tea afterwards, and was joined by Eric Clapton (I didn't know who he was) and Paul McCartney (I knew who he was).

They used to love visiting Jonathon, because they could go in the Swan next door and play darts and dominoes like normal people and not be recognised or bothered.

Anyway, my point is, Paul McCartney cooked me a bacon sandwich, and I'm pretty sure he had one too.

Don't know he he was under the grip of Veggy-fascism at that time, but he definitely didn't have a problem with meat then.

The Swan is a really nice pub, nice and local to me
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 10:35:32 »

On the subject of Aldis, anyone managed to get any of their Wagyu burgers in any of the Swindon stores?

Get the angus gourmet burgers at half the price and actually better in my opinion.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 10:39:30 »

People chuck all sorts of stuff in a non-traditional carbonara, cream being the most obvious one.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: