Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham vs Swindon official matchday thread  (Read 21512 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 15:22:13 »

If, as has been reported by those that attended, we reverted to actually pressing the opposition players, I'd say that has been what's missing from those 3 losses.

I didn't attend the Rovers replay but the Bury game didn't have much of it - more interested in trading niggly fouls.

Get back on board with the high pressing and the points will follow.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 15:50:31 »

Are we doomed yet?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 16:36:38 »

Are we doomed yet?

Ray of hope, on our present form we'll get 56 points, easily enough to stay up, (but not without some scares along the way)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 19:39:47 »

Highlights would suggest Goddard had his best game in a Town shirt. Or Oldham let him, whatever.
Was speaking to my old man about that. 2 assists and involved in everything else that made the highlights

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, September 25, 2016, 20:07:33 »

Think we got carried away. After the refs report the score has been reversed.

http://www.skysports.com/football/oldham-vs-swindon/358766
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 12:46:42 »

Late tot he party here, but agree with comments from those who went. Absolutely a combination of us playing quite well, and Oldham pretty much leaving us to it. We could have played until Christmas and they wouldn't have scored.

Furlong did very well at RB. Oldham's main (only) tactic was to lump balls out to their winger so that he could win the knock downs. I think Furlong won every header. Thompson played well bar a silly yellow, Goddard was very impressive, and overall there was a confidence about our play. Take that into games against teams who press us and we might do ok. It's the nervousness that leads to mistakes.

That was my first live game of the season, having watched the Posh game on Sky. Tempted to go to Shrewsbury now and maintain my 100% record.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: