Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham vs Swindon official matchday thread  (Read 21761 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:14:41 »

Only 1 point below the yellow peril who according to their (and many of our) supporters are the best team in the league if not the world...... we are thus obviously going up....
Much like Southend. A load of fans were going mad that they signed Ranger and Cox, look at how that's going for them....
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:17:24 »

Anything on Williams post match interview of note?

Most of it was good stuff about this helping the players grow confidence in the way we're supposed to play. One thing I noted that was slightly concerning: he said the players were getting fitter, which seemed odd.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:22:58 »

he said the players were getting fitter, which seemed odd.

:gay:

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:24:31 »

Maybe he was referring to the likes of Thomas. According to comms he ran his socks off today, he hasn't 'that' much game time so far.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:28:21 »

New training facilities?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:34:20 »

any links to the goals anyone?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:38:44 »

Didnt realise Oldham had been so solid at the back. Makes the result look a bit better!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:40:49 »

Sky sports website

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:44:36 »

Is it just on my mobile or does it start with our first goal which is 2 passes? They waxed lyrical about it on comms so hopefully the full build up will be available on the OS

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 20:46:50 »

Here:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/10591558/league-one-round-up-scunthorpe-stay-top-with-sheffield-united-draw
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 21:23:42 »

Oldham were poor, we were good.

Thomas had his best game in a Town shirt, played the second half as what I would describe as an advanced enforcer, won plenty of ball high up the pitch, showed good awareness and played some good football.

Goddard and Delfouneso were both very good, great movement from the two of them.  Branco was faultless, Nathan picked up a needless booking and Jones did what he does.

Must have been 30-40 passes leading up to the first, mostly the passes that people moan about but was a perfect example of what we actually try to achieve, keep the ball moving across the width of the pitch and wait for the right time to play the right, incisive pass to open the opposition up.  Second was another great move, more direct in that it was an attack from conception and was brilliantly executed through great movement down the inside left channel.

Can't say anybody had a bad game, loads of positives to take and hopefully that will give the team the belief they need to go out and actually do what they are good at.  Really showed the benefit of working for each other toward a common goal.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 21:24:09 »

well that was brief!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 21:51:40 »

well that was brief!

Smiley

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 21:59:41 »

Thomas had his best game in a Town shirt, played the second half as what I would describe as an advanced enforcer, won plenty of ball high up the pitch, showed good awareness and played some good football.

Goddard and Delfouneso were both very good, great movement from the two of them.  Branco was faultless, Nathan picked up a needless booking and Jones did what he does.

Must have been 30-40 passes leading up to the first, mostly the passes that people moan about but was a perfect example of what we actually try to achieve, keep the ball moving across the width of the pitch and wait for the right time to play the right, incisive pass to open the opposition up.  Second was another great move, more direct in that it was an attack from conception and was brilliantly executed through great movement down the inside left channel.

Can't say anybody had a bad game, loads of positives to take and hopefully that will give the team the belief they need to go out and actually do what they are good at.  Really showed the benefit of working for each other toward a common goal.

Pretty much sums it up Tom
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 22:07:10 »

Had a feeling we'd benefit from being away from home today.

Cracking result. Hopefully kick on now.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: