Poll
Question: Come on. Who honestly thought we'd do well this year?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 20:27:18)
me - 15 (25%)
not me - 33 (55%)
i've changed my mind - 2 (3.3%)
i knew we were shit from the off - 10 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Honest opinion  (Read 14727 times)
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 18, 2016, 12:09:28 »

Thought Swindon were good in the second half.  Bury fan I spoke to on the train on the way back to London thought that our second half display was of one of the best he's seen in L1 this season.  I was impressed with Furlong and think Murray will prove to be a good buy.  A bit underwhelmed by Delfouneso, but early days; he just doesn't seem very predatory.  Apart from the sluggish start, I was particularly annoyed by the lack of discipline.  Kasim was lucky not to be sent off for his challenge.  Hopefully the point has been made that lunging into tackles does not equate to showing 'passion'.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 18, 2016, 13:38:23 »

Thought Swindon were good in the second half.  Bury fan I spoke to on the train on the way back to London thought that our second half display was of one of the best he's seen in L1 this season.  I was impressed with Furlong and think Murray will prove to be a good buy.  A bit underwhelmed by Delfouneso, but early days; he just doesn't seem very predatory.  Apart from the sluggish start, I was particularly annoyed by the lack of discipline.  Kasim was lucky not to be sent off for his challenge.  Hopefully the point has been made that lunging into tackles does not equate to showing 'passion'.

We've won 4 of the last 19 under LW. Unless that changes pronto, Power will need to make a decision....that sort of form only leads to one thing in an attritional league like Div3.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, September 18, 2016, 13:49:31 »

Bury fan I spoke to on the train on the way back to London thought that our second half display was of one of the best he's seen in L1 this season. 
Well he would say that wouldn't he ,his team won.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, September 18, 2016, 14:45:39 »

bloody hell, these threads make no sense when you can't see the polls in the app I use!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, September 18, 2016, 19:08:32 »

We've won 4 of the last 19 under LW. Unless that changes pronto, Power will need to make a decision....that sort of form only leads to one thing in an attritional league like Div3.

Fuck is it really 4 from 19? I was actually thinking the same thing he needs a few results, but didnt realise the % win ratio is hovering at 20
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, September 18, 2016, 20:05:26 »

Fuck is it really 4 from 19? I was actually thinking the same thing he needs a few results, but didnt realise the % win ratio is hovering at 20

Tbf to LW, his overall league record since taking over from Lingy is P 29, W10 D9 L10. Which is OK mid table form. It's just there was a decent run when he took over, but it's faded a bit of of late.

I'd be more convinced if we looked to be improving, but the same problems keep rearing their head....for example only 2 away wins in that lot.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 18, 2016, 20:07:58 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, September 18, 2016, 21:21:00 »

Was having an interesting discussion earlier...

We've had a problem with getting bullied for a few years now. Cooper adressed this problem by having us call otheer teams on it and overemphasise this to referees (a kind way to say play acting).

Is it time to do this again? Will Henry got elbowed in the face yesterday yet got straight back up. Vigs got a boot to the face at Oxford and.. well we know how that ended. If we're getting kicked off the park then maybe its time to play on this...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, September 18, 2016, 23:05:23 »

Was having an interesting discussion earlier...

We've had a problem with getting bullied for a few years now. Cooper adressed this problem by having us call otheer teams on it and overemphasise this to referees (a kind way to say play acting).

Is it time to do this again? Will Henry got elbowed in the face yesterday yet got straight back up. Vigs got a boot to the face at Oxford and.. well we know how that ended. If we're getting kicked off the park then maybe its time to play on this...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24388093

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 19, 2016, 06:48:40 »

See Jed did do good things......  Wink Cheesy

That tackle by Davies on Thompson was a shocker, experienced player deliberately injuring a young lad, despicable.

We do seem very naive, against the Posh their experienced strikers were putting it about all over the place but going down like a sack of spuds and winning free kicks if they were even touched we need to learn some cynicism in our game.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 19, 2016, 08:13:25 by horlock07 » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 19, 2016, 08:07:34 »

Personally, I think we're fine. The big problem is the drop off in attendances.  Regular sub-7000 crowds isn't just down to results.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 19, 2016, 08:40:00 »

The 4 from 19 comes after the signing of a 5 year contract
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 19, 2016, 08:49:45 »

cooper out!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 19, 2016, 08:54:18 »

See Jed did do good things......  Wink Cheesy

That tackle by Davies on Thompson was a shocker, experienced player deliberately injuring a young lad, despicable.

We do seem very naive, against the Posh their experienced strikers were putting it about all over the place but going down like a sack of spuds and winning free kicks if they were even touched we need to learn some cynicism in our game.

Popes on JSW wasn't far off. He went in to hurt him and completely got away with it. His tackle on Thompson at the end was also made with no attempt to get the ball.
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 19, 2016, 09:01:12 »

The big problem is the drop off in attendances.  Regular sub-7000 crowds isn't just down to results.

I wouldn't read too much into to it. There's only been 3 games. Some figures:

Our average so far has been 7,364. Including Bury and Vale which were never going to see big crowds. Coventry saw a decent crowd.

Last years average after 3 games was 7,910. A bit of a drop, but those games did include Bradford and Sheff Utd. Vale saw a crowd of just over 7k

Last year's average for the SAME games at home was 7,378. An average attendance of just 14 more than the same games his season.

While the figures for this season don't include an evening game, they don't include the rovers game either.

It doesn't look good at face value but with a little digging it's not nearly as dramatic as it first appears. In fact, had the Rovers game not been abandoned we would likely have seen an INCREASE overall for the same games and perhaps also for the first 4, but acts of god and all that.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 19, 2016, 09:03:44 »

The 4 from 19 comes after the signing of a 5 year contract

Good point.

The cynic in thinks that players aften run around a bit for a caretaker, especially a nice guy, as they fear they might end up with a PdC, so better the devil you know.  It's a bit like Phelan at Hull, now he's got the job I expect their performances will bomb.

A canny operator would realise this, play the nice guy to get the job, then turn psycho.

I don't suppose we do much work on the dark arts at all. Tails mentioned the naive responses of Vigs and Henry to getting respectively clogged and elbowed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: