Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 23491 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 15:59:37 »

Poor result.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:02:48 »

Dave Hockaday: "It's another learning curve".

YOU CAN'T DO IDIOMS DAVE. STOP IT.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:04:24 »

Nearly went today, but plans changed late on.  Glad we didn't make it.

This is limp, Swindon.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:06:29 »

Horse shit
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:11:09 »

Rubbish. Need to turn it around on Tuesday, defeats against two local rivals early in the season would see the knives out already for Williams in some sections I fear.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:18:25 »

Some Luke Williams quotes from BBC Wilts:

We got exactly what we deserved.
We did very little about it.
We started the game in a coma.
Very slow in and out possession.
Sean Murray dopey and played a soft pass for second goal, but slow team performance meant it was coming.
Expressed to players at half time that if we play so slow, expect to get beat.
Referee said linesman thought Murray's shot went straight in so did not flag. Referee thought Obika was offside. He clearly wasn't.
Tough to accept alongside last week's free kick that was turned into a penalty but we need to move on from these bad decisions.
Hard to find many positives after below par first half performance.
JSW potential ligament problem, could be a few weeks.
Doughty had complication during appendix surgery. No timescale.
Need to change players mindsets into how they can positively affect the game before Tuesday.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:18:59 »

Im neither a happy clapper nor doom merchant but im worried now.without doughty we have very little quality.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:22:46 »

got what we deserved, second half better but not quite good enough. obika as good as he is should have equalised...

I thought despite his clanger Murray looked half a yard quicker in thought and should become a good asset.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:26:24 »

Im neither a happy clapper nor doom merchant but im worried now.without doughty we have very little quality.

I think we will have a good idea of where we stand in a week's time after playing Bristol Rovers and Oldham.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:27:25 »

Some Luke Williams quotes from BBC Wilts:

We got exactly what we deserved.
We did very little about it.
We started the game in a coma.
Very slow in and out possession.
Sean Murray dopey and played a soft pass for second goal, but slow team performance meant it was coming.
Expressed to players at half time that if we play so slow, expect to get beat.
Referee said linesman thought Murray's shot went straight in so did not flag. Referee thought Obika was offside. He clearly wasn't.
Tough to accept alongside last week's free kick that was turned into a penalty but we need to move on from these bad decisions.
Hard to find many positives after below par first half performance.
JSW potential ligament problem, could be a few weeks.
Doughty had complication during appendix surgery. No timescale.
Need to change players mindsets into how they can positively affect the game before Tuesday.

So why are we playing that way if the Manager has told the players to play at a different pace/tempo?  I don't understand.  LW sets these parameters.  Are the players ignoring him?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:32:27 »

Barry had an absolute stinker - nearly everything he touched went tits up. Fonz looked alright, nothing special.

Branco my MoM if anyone was worth that accolade. We just don't have the guile to break down even average defences.

The ref was fucking bizzare.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:33:27 »

Slow, unmotivated and worse of all pulling out of challenges and basically bottling it and throwing the points away.

Only going one way I fear, teams have to do very little to beat us at the moment, just hassle and wait for us to gift the chances, piss poor today, don't go every week but that was crap.

Took my eight year old for £1 and that was too much!
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:36:58 »

Doh Speed it up Motherfuckers,these players are not the Tottenham youth team they are out of their depth playing it around at the back.The amount of comedy goals we let in for the last 3 seasons is a bad joke.I can't seem to be tempted by the £10 tickets available to see such lifeless ,dull and uninspiring football plus little to fuck-all atmosphere
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:43:21 »

So why are we playing that way if the Manager has told the players to play at a different pace/tempo?  I don't understand.  LW sets these parameters.  Are the players ignoring him?

Most poor performances I've seen over the past couple of seasons are when we've started slowly and thought we could casually control the game. You have to earn the right to play and the speed at which we start games only encourages the opposition in my opinion. I don't mind the passing football, it looks great when it comes off, but when you start a game lethargically it's very hard to change gear.

Not sure what Williams is telling them but at home at least it should be get the ball to the half way line sharpish and then look to play the game in their half with your passing football.

I feel like we over complicate and try and play a way that League 1 players on the whole aren't good enough to execute. Defenders should never have as many touches as ours do, setting yourself up for a fall every time. Chuck poor discipline into the mix and you've got the perfect recipe for a disastrous season.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:47:16 »

I think we will have a good idea of where we stand in a week's time after playing Bristol Rovers and Oldham.
Play like that again and it will be in the relegation zone!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: