Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Belford absolutely nailing it for Southport  (Read 4035 times)
molepar

Ignore
« on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 15:46:00 »

Conceded 26 in 10...5 more than any other team. Extrapolating that he is on course to let in 120 over the season. He can't come back here after that loan spell surely?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 15:49:03 »

Southport are poor all over the pitch. There's only so much a keeper can do if the defence/midfield offer no cover. Not saying he's having a blinder, but it's not as black and white as you're making out
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 16:18:53 »

I am no Belford fan but thats unfair to blame a whole teams performance on just him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 17:35:35 »

I am no Belford fan but thats unfair to blame a whole teams performance on just him.

Agreed at least some of the blame must lay with Lee Power?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 17:42:59 »

Agreed at least some of the blame must lay with Lee Power?
Natch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 17:48:04 »

Conceded 26 in 10...5 more than any other team. Extrapolating that he is on course to let in 120 over the season. He can't come back here after that loan spell surely?

Yeah but.....if Wes keeps getting banned he'll concede very few goals over the season and if Wes carries on letting in 5 like last weekend (against a team itself thrashed 7-0 a few days later) he'll let in twice as many as Belford over the season and so on

Power out
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 18:36:45 »

Anyone want to lease a bmw?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 18:44:22 »

Regardless of the mitigating circumstances, it's not going to do much for his confidence is it? Usually when you get sent out on loan to gain experience you sort of hope that that experience isn't losing every week.

He'll have to come back here though, because where else would he go?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:12:05 »

he's got 4 man of the matches and is regarded as the reason they haven't got stuffed  10 in every match.....

carlsberg don't do player scouting reports, but if they did....
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:47:45 »

There's a fine line between fair comment mixed with a bit of schadenfreude and just being a c**t.

You're nowhere near that line.

(We all know that) Belford probably isn't the greatest goalkeeper in the world but he seemed like a decent human being doing his best. He's not conceding goals for the town, why not leave him be?
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 20:05:29 »

When we were in the Prem conceding goals for fun, somebody actually said to me that they think we should sack the goalie.

Some people just should not be allowed to have opinions, opinions should be rationed.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 20:57:23 »

he's got 4 man of the matches and is regarded as the reason they haven't got stuffed  10 in every match.....

carlsberg don't do player scouting reports, but if they did....
When teams are really shit goalkeepers tend to get the MoM votes as there's no one else to give it to, kind of a sympathy vote. Rhys Evans got player of the season for us when we got relegated but was still pretty poor.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 20:59:58 »

When teams are really shit goalkeepers tend to get the MoM votes as there's no one else to give it to, kind of a sympathy vote. Rhys Evans got player of the season for us when we got relegated but was still pretty poor.

I was just going to mention that haha, the player of the season or "possibly the least shit / easiest box to tick" award

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 21:22:54 »

That was a toughie that year, hence some of the surprising views last year and this, as both sides are a hundred fold better than that team.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 22:36:06 »

That was a toughie that year, hence some of the surprising views last year and this, as both sides are a hundred fold better than that team.
As well as first team shite like Thorpe & Whalley we had some of the worst loan players I've ever witnessed as well.... Patrick Collins, Colin Heath, Jarrett, McPhee, McDermott, Mikolanda and not to forget big Trevor.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: