Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 48   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official #BteamBoycott Match Day Thread  (Read 113161 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:33:58 »

The GF grill is great for doing steaks, though. Although, as FH says, it does leave a mess
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:34:28 »

Is it an actual bespoke sandwich maker or are you utilising the George Foreman grill

Similar to this design.

It's at the back where the hinges and electric cable are that's the problem, I just can't get the gunk out.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:36:08 »

I've a Breville toasted sandwich maker and a George Foreman grill.....both will be boycottting the Checkatrade game tonight.
What actually constitutes the boycott? Just not attending or keeping up to date with the score?

Is actually watching it on a live feed permitted? What other kitchen appliances should boycott this event apart from sandwich makers?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:38:11 »

Similar to this design.

It's at the back where the hinges and electric cable are that's the problem, I just can't get the gunk out.
I am tempted to advise making said sandwich, consuming it and leaving the problem of cleaning up the mess to the other half.

This also works in other marital departments
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:41:28 »

What actually constitutes the boycott? Just not attending or keeping up to date with the score?

Is actually watching it on a live feed permitted? What other kitchen appliances should boycott this event apart from sandwich makers?

It's a good question....I suppose a complete abstinence would fulfil the criterion, however this will require Zen like qualities. So I'm going boycott lite....non attendance but will take a peek at events as regards meaning for Saturday....injuries/cards etc.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:45:07 »

Probably find a stream. Don't have it in me to completely ignore a Town game but certainly won't be going.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:50:20 »

Similar to this design.

I used to have that exact model, nightmare. I upgraded to the four slice with removeable plates. Doddle to clean. Anyway half the experience is burming your mouth and fingers on molten dripping cheese.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:52:30 »

Not going, not interested!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:56:31 »

I am tempted to advise making said sandwich, consuming it and leaving the problem of cleaning up the mess to the other half.

This also works in other marital departments

As a youth, I was used to girls from Swindon, who didn't seem to bother.  It was only as a student hooking up with a middle class girl from Kent, who was most fastidious in that department that I discovered this was a thing.
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:57:11 »

I used to have that exact model, nightmare. I upgraded to the four slice with removeable plates. Doddle to clean. Anyway half the experience is burming your mouth and fingers on molten dripping cheese.

Removable plates?

I have read of such sorcery, this warrants further investigation.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:58:40 »

It's a good question....I suppose a complete abstinence would fulfil the criterion, however this will require Zen like qualities. So I'm going boycott lite....non attendance but will take a peek at events as regards meaning for Saturday....injuries/cards etc.

As cards/suspensions obtained in league games don't seem to apply to this game I assume that likewise any cards suspensions obtained tonight will only apply to this competition or are the league/FA having their cake and eating it again?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 10:00:02 »

Our toaster is definitely not attending although the microwave is wavering - fucking scab!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 10:01:41 »

Similar to this design.

Similar model, similar problem. I clean it, let it dry out a bit, realise that there's still loads of shite crusted on it I'm not going to shift so give it a squirt with something that smells of bleach and/or disinfectant then bung it back in the cupboard confident that there can't possibly be any bad stuff on there now, it's just inert gunk. And like Batch, mine comes out about twice a year in a brief burst of enthusiasm until I'm put off by the faffing; the gunk; third-degree burns to the inside of my mouth.

I'll be watching the boy training tonight, better quality football anyway Smiley And probably, now, hankering after a toastie. Damn you FH!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 10:06:32 »

As cards/suspensions obtained in league games don't seem to apply to this game I assume that likewise any cards suspensions obtained tonight will only apply to this competition or are the league/FA having their cake and eating it again?

Doubtless....much like cards apply for abandoned games but goals don't.
lambourn red

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 10:16:11 »

Likewise I have one with removable plates which is great being able to shove into the dishwasher after use two words of warning though
1) Make sure you use a cloth to remove them even after 10 minutes as I have found to my cost  Embarrassed
2) Make sure you check you have put the plates back in before you plug in and turn on otherwise you may find that the plastic housing starts to melt again as I have found  Head Hurts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 48   Go Up
Print
Jump to: