Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 48   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official #BteamBoycott Match Day Thread  (Read 112910 times)
lambourn red

« on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:09:50 »

Is anyone you know actually attending this farce tonight?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:11:34 »

Nope. Work with a Chelsea fan who was willing to drive me to Swindon to watch it. Refused and told him not to bother.

Although I will admit I'm slightly more tempted by the Oxford one... Heart vs Head on that one. I probably still won't.
lambourn red

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:16:10 »

Nope. Work with a Chelsea fan who was willing to drive me to Swindon to watch it. Refused and told him not to bother.

Although I will admit I'm slightly more tempted by the Oxford one... Heart vs Head on that one. I probably still won't.

Just over 70 tickets sold for the Townend tonight on the online ticketing there are also about 250 in the Arkells but I suspect most of those will be sponsors and hangers on with walk ups we could be looking at the first ever sub 1000 attendance for a first team game
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:18:16 »

should be plenty of room then
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:18:59 »

What is everyone doing instead, anything good? I might go for a swim...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:19:23 »

And if there is such a thing in this Godforsaken trophy, this is probably seen as the 'glamour' tie of the round.

I'll be disappointed if we get over 1000 - although I agree, the Pox game could tempt me.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:23:00 »

For those with ticket money burning a hole in their pockets, Trust STFC have set up a fundraising page to buy local carers tickets for (presumably league!) games later in the season with the idea being that people have a bit of spare money from ignoring this competition entirely. Nice idea:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/truststfc-efl
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:23:01 »

Toasted sandwich makers are a fucking pain in the arse.

Don't get me wrong, the sandwiches they make are great. Beans and cheese are a particular favourite. The problem is though that they are so fucking difficult to clean. There's all sorts of gunk on mine that I can't clean off properly, I hate to think of what bacteria and other gubbins is living there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:24:54 »

I think for the Oxford game, the boycott should extend to making sure the outcome is relegated from records for 1st team fixtures, to other category.

A few years back we played a pre-season game at Wanborough v Oxford of 3, 30 mins periods.

They won. Some of their fans were desperate to claim it as a win at Swindon.

Similarly Town have a pretty dismal record v Chelsea.....I've only ever seen us beat them twice, but tonight would be more befitting of a Combination game, when I'm sure we must have beaten them plenty of times.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:24:59 »

I thought they were supposed to crimp the edges, thereby sealing in the filling
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:26:18 »

Don't get me wrong, the sandwiches they make are great. Beans and cheese are a particular favourite. The problem is though that they are so fucking difficult to clean. There's all sorts of gunk on mine that I can't clean off properly, I hate to think of what bacteria and other gubbins is living there.

Certainly more interesting that watching Chelsea stiffs, but a bit random Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:26:46 »

I thought they were supposed to crimp the edges, thereby sealing in the filling

Only if the bread slices are large enough. Even then the fillings still have to go somewhere if there's too much.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:30:55 »

Is it an actual bespoke sandwich maker or are you utilising the George Foreman grill
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:31:21 »

Quote from: Flashheart

and that is why they live in the back of most peoples cupboards with the occasional burst of activity after you had a nice toasted cheese in that cafe on holiday..

it's also why I've never invested in the highly acclaimed George foreman grill.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 09:33:17 »

I've a Breville toasted sandwich maker and a George Foreman grill.....both will be boycottting the Checkatrade game tonight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 48   Go Up
Print
Jump to: