Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 48   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official #BteamBoycott Match Day Thread  (Read 113297 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 12:19:17 »

I prefer cheese on toast. Simple, traditional and a classic.

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 12:24:26 »

toast, marmite and mature slices of cheddar cheese placed on top is my favourite, no melting the cheese under the grill. Love it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 12:28:54 »

Beans in a toastie? Never tried that, cheese and beans sounds awesome but also reckon it'd be hotter than a McDonalds pie.

Try it, it'll change your life for the better.

Top tip: If you are using grated cheddar, save a little rather than putting it all in as filling. Then, just before you close the sandwich maker to work its magic, sprinkle some of the cheese on top of said sandwich. That way you get a toasted sandwich topped with crusted, burnt cheddar. It's the bomb. 
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 12:35:39 »

I prefer cheese on toast. Simple, traditional and a classic.

Same. With a bit of Worcester sauce on top.  Although I do have a toaster maker. I just can't be fucked to get it out of the cupboard. Novelty items really that just clutter up your kitchen.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 12:38:31 »

Beans on toast with substantial amounts of extra mature cheddar mixed (and melted) into it with added Worcester Sauce basically fed me for the majority of my university life.

Still have a sandwich toaster somewhere (was the first ever thing that my girlfriend - now wife bought me - knew she was a keeper then) but we never use it as washing up is a total ball ache! Sometimes just two slices of buttered toast with some cold cheese between them is very passable.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 12:55:19 »

I use the George Foreman grill for toasties, does the job quite nicely but as previously mentioned washing up is a bit of a ball ache.

I'm also a big fan of toasted peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Probably in a minority here...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 12:57:03 »

I'm buzzing for the game tonight
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 12:57:28 »

I am boycotting. Sadly I'm also boycotting food today due to being a lard arse, so thanks a lot for all this talk of delicious melted cheese toasties.

So delicious. So melted...
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 13:10:17 »

No point faffing about with a breville or a George Forman...

Just get a decent non stick frying pan, butter the slices of bread. place one butter side down in the pan on medium/high heat, wop your cheese on the bread (mixed with a bit of grated apple and chopped walnuts if you're feeling particularly decadent), slap the other piece of bread on top with buttered side facing up.

3/4 mins on each side. toasted all round to perfection. no mess, no fuss.

balls to the EFL trophy.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 13:18:28 »

I wonder how many more of our players will be "toast" after picking up injuries in the debacle tonight

Hmmm

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 13:23:19 »

Beans on toast with substantial amounts of extra mature cheddar mixed (and melted) into it with added Worcester Sauce basically fed me for the majority of my university life.

Still have a sandwich toaster somewhere (was the first ever thing that my girlfriend - now wife bought me - knew she was a keeper then) but we never use it as washing up is a total ball ache! Sometimes just two slices of buttered toast with some cold cheese between them is very passable.

Surely it should be used one more time, then hoof it in the bin?
Barry Scott

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 13:35:48 »

Used to have a George Foreman, but my flat mate took a clean before use approach and I took the clean after use approach. It meant I was perpetually cleaning the fucker so binned it to fuck my flat mate off.

I eventually purchased one with removable plates, but the first one used to warp the plates and then they'd fall out - so was sent back. The replacement warped when hot to the point it did a shit job of cooking meat evenly, so also went back.

I've been Foremanless for years. 🙁

No point faffing about with a breville or a George Forman...

Just get a decent non stick frying pan, butter the slices of bread. place one butter side down in the pan on medium/high heat, wop your cheese on the bread (mixed with a bit of grated apple and chopped walnuts if you're feeling particularly decadent), slap the other piece of bread on top with buttered side facing up.

3/4 mins on each side. toasted all round to perfection. no mess, no fuss.

balls to the EFL trophy.

Reminds me of something I used to do. Make a cheese sanger with sweet chilli sauce in, along with good mature cheddar, then cut it into quarters and dunk each quarter in whisked egg, then fry. It's the shit. So much so I don't think I've had it for a decade or more.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 13:50:07 »

Used to have a George Foreman, but my flat mate took a clean before use approach and I took the clean after use approach. It meant I was perpetually cleaning the fucker so binned it to fuck my flat mate off.
Yes but he wasn't your "flat mate" until after you had pressed him in the grill Wink

As for cleaning them....some people use aluminium foil between the toast and the plates to save on washing....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 13:54:20 »

Surely it should be used one more time, then hoof it in the bin?

Possibly but I would have to find it first!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 14:16:43 »

I've given it a lot of thought, and now I could murder a cheese and tomato toastie. I did contemplate a cheese and onion one, but no.

I bet I can't find the sandwich toaster though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 48   Go Up
Print
Jump to: