Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Solihull Moors FC  (Read 49884 times)
M00R5

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 10:16:02 »

Thanks for all this. I was looking for your personal responses and summaries of his time at the club as much as anything else; that is more useful than Google at this stage as I'm trying to get a measure of his reputation.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #61 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 10:20:24 »

Just don't trust the smug mockney mug.

He will promise you the world and deliver nothing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 10:53:24 »

Have to say I did think early in that he had the right intentions but was just useless.
Time proved that the first part of that statement easy ever true.

That said there are still some of our more special fans who would rather have this liar back than have Power in charge Sad
Peter Venkman

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 11:06:58 »

Have to say I did think early in that he had the right intentions but was just useless.
Time proved that the first part of that statement easy ever true.

That said there are still some of our more special fans who would rather have this liar back than have Power in charge Sad
He promised the world, exactly what our fans wanted to hear but they were hollow words in the end with no financial backing to put them into action.

And the second point you make about wanting him back is very sad but true.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 11:22:19 »

The online ticketing is just a URL redirect for ticketmaster. Most clubs have a site, it's the 'Player' of the football club ticket world.

I know its a ticketmaster skin, but it was still a lot better than we had before. Didn't realise that it was a league-wide deal like the OS/player.

I'm not defending the twat anyway.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 12:42:38 »

Turned up at a trust meeting with a home made bank statement (allegedly)

As I was one of only two people who saw this piece of paper which allegedly said he had £1.5m in a bank account.

As the document had a signature on it, which could only be his, and it had no bank stamp, nor was it on bank paperwork, I can only suggest he knocked it up that afternoon, considering we all know that the money he helped fund the club with at day 1, was money from Power.

There was also talk that he was asking for £5m for the club, but when it was announced that the Trust had got an ACV on the CG, the people who were interested disappeared, so I would suggest he was telling potential buyers that he owed the CG and not the council.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 12:51:17 »

This is our noted from the meeting with Jed in April 2013 (was it only 3 and a half years ago)

http://www.truststfc.com/trust-stfc-swindon-supporters-club-meeting-with-jed-mccrory/

We agreed with Murrell that the Trust and BBC Wilts would record the meeting, and the Trust was going to put it on our website in full, only to be told by Jed that he didn't want to be recorded just in case he was 'misquoted'.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 20:07:48 »

Thanks for all this. I was looking for your personal responses and summaries of his time at the club as much as anything else; that is more useful than Google at this stage as I'm trying to get a measure of his reputation.

My 2 penneth (or should we say a quid, as that's what he bought the club for.)

I got to know Jed reasonably well while he was here. He offered me a job (that at the time I wasn't completely qualified for, I might add.) That was his MO, I suppose - act personable and people will overlook the face you don't know what the f**k you're doing. It's at this stage where I think people started to wonder if his willingness to interact with fans was really because he's a 'man of the people', if it was just amateur naïveté, or if a genuine way to obfuscate his malicious intentions. I personally think it was a mixture of the three.

He is not a clever man. Not only is his spelling and grammar atrocious (which is fine of itself really) he used to get his own name wrong quite a lot. I can vouch for tans who was 'threatened' (if you can call it that) as I saw him 'av a word with a few people in the most juvenile way possible, always online. Outside of that he got on great with fans who think the requisite skills for owning a football club involve 'buying a pint'. Basically just imagine your clubs daftest fan, then imagine him being in charge.

But that's the kind bit. The sinister bit is all the bullshit he gave to the media, and the bailiffs. Stuff that's already been mentioned: yeah, of course that bill will be paid. Yep, we can afford that.  Yeah, we've paid up for that, we've got permission for it. NONE of these things were true.

You can think of him as a sophisticated conman or an idiot delboy, but the result is the same. If anything positive happens (and that would be a miracle) it would be for the benefit of him and his cronies. And that's another issue - watch out for his 'connections' and the contacts he brings in.

In short, I'd advise you not to let him anywhere near you, but I guess it's too late. But if there's any advice you need or support on getting him out of your club, I can assure you this STFC fan (if not many others) will have your back!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 21:47:39 »

I can vouch for tans who was 'threatened' (if you can call it that) as I saw him 'av a word with a few people in the most juvenile way possible, always online

Cheers Vic, not that theres been anything to worry about, been 2 yers and never seen him where i drink even though he named the place

« Last Edit: Sunday, September 11, 2016, 06:15:08 by tans » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 12:33:12 »

Barrow are at home to Solihull Moors next Saturday, am tempted to coincide my first visit to Holker Street with it just to see if Jed's there!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 21:56:35 »

See Jed's still working his "Not at all tinpot" magic at Solihull

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41818855
Peter Venkman

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 10:05:13 »

See Jed's still working his "Not at all tinpot" magic at Solihull

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41818855
Jed isn't there any more though is he?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 10:11:53 »

Jed isn't there any more though is he?
You may be right, although he's still listed on their website:

Who's Who

Board of Directors: Trevor Stevens (Chairman), Simon Hawker, Steve Shipway, Lucas Markou, Gerard Mccoy

And still struggling to spell his own name Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 10:13:52 by pauld » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 10:17:48 »

He is a sneaky fucker I wouldn't put it past him!

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 10:34:51 »

Indeed, that is not the correct way to spell cunt at all

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: