Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Solihull Moors FC  (Read 49877 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 22:20:17 »

I still wonder at times if he was more incompetent than sinister. Not that I'm trying to defend him, the result would have been the same.
If he was just incompetent, some of the shit he brought in with him was more than sinister. And he had to lean on the sinister, due to his incompetence. As you say, the end result's the same. Don't let him anywhere near anything you care about
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 22:38:56 »

There was the lies about being under an embargo for a debt from the 1950's.

The supporters club were taken in by him, they had a sit down with the trust, some answers required written replies, he replied about 2 weeks later with one word answers. The bloke turned up to home games with a rented Bentley with reg plates from an Alpha Romeo (this has to be confirmed)

It's all lies, nothing good will ever come from any actions from Jed.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 22:41:26 »

He'll con your more gullible fans with rousing 'C'mooooon!' and 'Yeeeeeessss!' tweets at 5am on a matchday as if to give the impression he'd been sitting in a dark room since Thursday holding his breath with the anticipation of it all.

He's a small time local property developer with big, dreamy aspirations but sadly little - either in the way of business acumen or financial backing - to support them.  Way out of his depth at STFC, as I suspect he will be also at Solihull.  Keep your eyes open.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 23:06:28 »

Solihull Moors supporter here. I was wondering if one of you would be able - and/or kind enough - to take the time to fill in those of us looking to find out more about this man on exactly what happened in his time at Swindon? There's a lot out there, as you say, but it takes more time and mental effort to synthesise than we have at our disposal before our home game tomorrow. I'd appreciate the value of your experience.
I know a few people who have come across him and the phrase that stuck was "champagne lifestyle with lemonade funds". He will try to use your club (and a free bar) to further himself and his ego. When he came here he hired a Bentley for a couple of weeks and put his private plate on it to try and make out he was the real deal, the plates now on a £500 Alfa.... He would appear obsessed with creating this image of 'Jed the football chairman'.

To begin with he'll try and play the man of the people card, then if people start to question him he will make himself out to be the victim and then if you still don't fall for his bullshit he'll try and threaten you with idle threats of violence. Those are the 3 stages of Jed.

Simply put he is a liar and everything he did here was a lie. The transfer embargo was a lie, the league never confirmed we were under one, he just didn't have any funds and made up shit like a 1950's debt (we've been in admin twice so that was clearly bollocks). My belief is he ended up using the early renewals of the next seasons season ticket money to keep going until Power decided injected his own money and decided he needed to get rid of Jed. The 'great catering deal' was huge lie and has properly stitched us up, no idea what happened to the money if there actually was any. The "guaranteed money from the concerts" was a lie and ended up costing the club money. He claimed to have put in planning permission for a roof on the Stratton Bank, that was a lie and never happened. He did some stuff to the ground that he never paid for and did on the cheap (substandard floodlight bulbs, new seats, electronic advertisement boards, a shit mobile Big screen van). I believe he even showed some people a ground development drawing that he had drawn himself. He installed a half arsed bar in the Townend without getting a licence. It all culminated in a high court judge calling him a liar in court and that quote is on public record.

As well as us Banbury and Hereford (he was heavily involved in their demise) he tried to get involved at Cheltenham, they refused his offer and pretty much laughed him out of the building, he also made up some crap about having £5 million to buy Barnsley, surprisingly that all fell away as well. If you decide to give him the benefit of the doubt then you are in all sorts of trouble!

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 23:33:32 »

Hmm. I know how bad he was, but there are lots Of "I heard this" and Daily Star type shock statements. I think the Solihull guys need facts and links. They are out there and even links back to the times threads may help them more.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 9, 2016, 23:35:03 by suttonred » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 00:19:05 »

Hmm. I know how bad he was, but there are lots Of "I heard this" and Daily Star type shock statements. I think the Solihull guys need facts and links. They are out there and even links back to the times threads may help them more.
Thing is they'll get all the facts and links by googling his name as court cases, Hereford, Cheltenham etc pop up pretty much instantly. It's the bullshit he came out with when not on record that really showed his true colours and unfortunately most of that was obtained away from the media.
The fact that no one at any of his previous clubs has anything good to say about him should speak volumes. Shame he deleted his Twitter account as that would have been pretty damning as well.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 06:27:55 »

I quite liked jed
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 07:34:05 »

I quite liked jed

PMSL   Jed was a likeable character but a fuck wit to boot!!  Went to the ticket office to collect season tickets and he was in the shop lording it, asked him when a new manager would be in place and he said they were trying hard to get Tisdale from Exeter but he kept moving the goalposts - but if that didn't work his "best friend" Glen Hoddle was prepared to come back and work for nothing!!!  That very same evening there was a fan's phone-in with him on the local radio and the presenter actually asked him about the Tisdale rumours and he claimed there had been no contact at all with Tisdale or Exeter!!  The man is a habitual liar!!  Has Poindexter - another Jed mouthpiece - joined your forums yet?
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 08:31:37 by ronnie21 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 07:49:17 »

in the interests of balance, the fuckwit did employ someone that sorted our online ticket sales system.

that's literally the only positive I can think of..
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 07:54:32 »

What about the sell for Matt Ritchie? Was Jed responsible for selling him for peanuts with no sell on?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 07:55:23 »

As theakston2k said earlier, the threats telling me to watch my back, i know where you drink, were most amusing. What a twat.
Do you still have messages? Would be good for a laugh to see a screen shot on here.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 08:39:32 »

Do you still have messages? Would be good for a laugh to see a screen shot on here.

Nah dont have them anymore since that twitter account was suspended, but the were along the lines of:

'Stop gobbling off, i know where you drink, might have to come and teach you a lesson etc

Theakston might still have some though
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 08:47:16 »

in the interests of balance, the fuckwit did employ someone that sorted our online ticket sales system.

The same system as pretty much every FL club uses, not sure it would have taken much effort to hand it all over to Ticketmaster.

But yes, it does work quite well
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 08:49:25 »

and he paid himself 10k a month for the privilege
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #59 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 08:55:54 »

The online ticketing is just a URL redirect for ticketmaster. Most clubs have a site, it's the 'Player' of the football club ticket world.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: