Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's nearly Saturday...  (Read 17151 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #45 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 10:54:19 »

I think most of their fans, if they're honest, would also take the County Ground
I thought they did that every time they played us.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 11:09:09 »

Used to live over the road from the Manor Ground in the early to mid eighties.
That was when they were on the way up through the divisions and we were treading water in Div 4.

Probably the only period when they were relatively more successful until we met again in the second tier.

The victory in the AMC there in 84 was fun though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 12:27:45 »

You really are a fucking moron.
I'm shocked and a little hurt. I've always held you and your thoughtful, insightful posts in high esteem.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 12:48:08 »

I'm shocked and a little hurt. I've always held you and your thoughtful, insightful posts in high esteem.

You confuse me. How do you manage to cover the gamut from retarded to post-ironic?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 13:42:58 »

Enjoy this classic from everyone's favourite Oxford fan - Eric read

Posh Red said: ↑
I'm obviously a few years behind you two.

My first game at Oxford was in 1980, and have been half a dozen times.
Have to say in all my visits I don't recall getting any trouble from the locals.
That was after segregation came in and the away fans were put in the Cuckoo Lane End. Strange thing with Swindon was, we used to scour the city for you before the game, but never saw a soul until we got to the ground, and there you'd all be in the away terrace as if transported there by magic. We used to joke that there must be a secret tunnel that led from Swindon straight to the Cuckoo Lane! One year a group of us pretended to be Swindon fans and got in the Cuckoo Lane five or ten minutes after kick off. We stood in the middle of you and up went the chant of Oxford Oxford, and you've never seen 1,000 people scatter so quickly! We really had the Indian sign over you. And all that happened to us was that we were marched back to the London Rd to a hero's welcome. Was late seventies, a different world to today.

In the earlier part of the seventies, when it was every man for himself, I'm afraid to say you were a massive let down and never showed in Oxford. We were always in your town in numbers and took the Town End twice, although we usually lost the bit on the field, while winning the bit off of it.

Oxford have always had this kind of support, and still do, and on Saturday you will see 16 to 60 year olds clad in designer clothing, frothing at the mouth with hatred toward you.

Enjoy...............

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 13:49:48 »

Oxford have always had this kind of support, and still do, and on Saturday you will see 16 to 60 year olds clad in designer clothing, frothing at the mouth with hatred toward you.
Who's going to break it to him that "Primark" isn't generally considered a designer label?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 13:59:36 »

Be that as it may, I can do without the adulation of an adult that says Luke Warm.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 15:25:59 »

Have to say in all my visits I don't recall getting any trouble from the locals.
That was after segregation came in and the away fans were put in the Cuckoo Lane End. Strange thing with Swindon was, we used to scour the city for you before the game, but never saw a soul until we got to the ground, and there you'd all be in the away terrace as if transported there by magic. We used to joke that there must be a secret tunnel that led from Swindon straight to the Cuckoo Lane! One year a group of us pretended to be Swindon fans and got in the Cuckoo Lane five or ten minutes after kick off. We stood in the middle of you and up went the chant of Oxford Oxford, and you've never seen 1,000 people scatter so quickly! We really had the Indian sign over you. And all that happened to us was that we were marched back to the London Rd to a hero's welcome. Was late seventies, a different world to today.

In the earlier part of the seventies, when it was every man for himself, I'm afraid to say you were a massive let down and never showed in Oxford. We were always in your town in numbers and took the Town End twice, although we usually lost the bit on the field, while winning the bit off of it.

Enjoy...............

Different world indeed. That is one of the most pathetic things I've ever read.

If that is winning I'm glad I'm a fucking loser
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #53 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 15:27:04 »

I'm not following that post... his first game was in the 80s but he was there in the earlier part of the 70s?  **disclaimer*** 3 pints at lunchtime
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 15:27:09 »

I remember our last performance at their place they frustrated us all over the pitch and were quicker into the tackle not giving us time on the ball and we had no answer as we could not play our football - the only way we can play
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 15:38:27 »

I've seen Oxford loads of times against us and never witnessed all this bollocks they bring out everytime we play them. Seen objects being chucked and a lot of arm waving. That's it. Even in the cuckoo lane end I thought I was in a non league ground. Wonder if they have a funny flag ready?  Grin
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 15:47:28 »

Enjoy...............

Ooh...how you must have laughed!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 15:50:33 »

I just parked up in a housing area behind and walked up that alleyway into the ground. Don't remember a tunnel  Huh? I remember that stand on the left that held about 150  Embarrassed
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 15:55:41 »

I reckon Eric should write his memoirs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 15:59:29 »

I just parked up in a housing area behind and walked up that alleyway into the ground. Don't remember a tunnel  Huh? I remember that stand on the left that held about 150  Embarrassed

There were about 9 stands on the left hand side Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: