Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's nearly Saturday...  (Read 16945 times)
Arnold Corns

« Reply #75 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 21:13:27 »

Depends on when ln the 70s you started going.
Pre segregation ,which must have been 1974 ish, I can recall Pompey,Villa,Cardiff,Brizzle city fans and god forbid even the scum being in the Town end Eek
Mind you , Swindon skins took the East end at Trashton gate in 1970

I remember those days. Oxford did get in the Town End once - they arrived early before all the Swindon boys. Someone I know actually ran at the Oxford fans on his own and they all parted before he got arrested!
It was common in those days for away fans to 'take' the home end early before any home fans arrived. At Swindon everyone would gather on the corner of Shrivenham Road and the Town End and gradually push the away fans to the side of the stand and 'retake' the Town End.  
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 21:36:11 »

Depends on when ln the 70s you started going.
Pre segregation ,which must have been 1974 ish, I can recall Pompey,Villa,Cardiff,Brizzle city fans and god forbid even the scum being in the Town end Eek
Mind you , Swindon skins took the East end at Trashton gate in 1970

Since 1975 and never missed a derby.
Therefore by my reckoning Eric must be at least in his 50's?
Married, girlfriend, kids or what? ........
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 21:44:48 »

I thought people grew up after their teens/twenties. Its all a bit laughable tbh.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 21:56:44 »

When Eric is mentioned it makes me think of.........

Arnold Corns

« Reply #79 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 22:00:23 »

I thought people grew up after their teens/twenties. Its all a bit laughable tbh.

I agree, I stood and watched the Swindon fans 'welcoming' Bristol Rovers fans the other week and kept thinking how stupid it all was. Grown men shouting abuse at each other. Definately a teen thing
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 00:23:08 »

I remember those days. Oxford did get in the Town End once - they arrived early before all the Swindon boys. Someone I know actually ran at the Oxford fans on his own and they all parted before he got arrested!
It was common in those days for away fans to 'take' the home end early before any home fans arrived. At Swindon everyone would gather on the corner of Shrivenham Road and the Town End and gradually push the away fans to the side of the stand and 'retake' the Town End. 

I can remember that stuff about the  away fans early in the town end, used to well confuse me. Said away fans would then be taken to the bank, and then the town enders would walk round to "pay their respects" All very exciting for a young lad, who was on the bank anyway and saw it all unfurl.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 00:26:35 »

In hindsight it was far better then, none of this wanky keyboard heroics. I'd much rather be chased through Wolverhampton, than pulling up dmr for being a hairy handed attic dwelling parent sponging twat who imagines he knows the score Wink
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, September 12, 2016, 12:02:02 »

I remember our last performance at their place they frustrated us all over the pitch and were quicker into the tackle not giving us time on the ball and we had no answer as we could not play our football - the only way we can play

Looks like history repeats and we learn no lessons - let alone look at scout reports
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: