Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's nearly Saturday...  (Read 17150 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, September 8, 2016, 22:02:55 »

Of course at the time it was looked upon as a heap of shite, which it was in many regards.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 8, 2016, 22:47:38 »

I'm not going tomorrow, the wife always takes me away for the weekend for this fixture.

(her geography is crap, we are actually spending the weekend in Wallingford - her choice, I assume she thought it was in Devon or the Lake District !)

Anyway, good luck to the Town, and for those that are going, here's something to cheer you up beforehand !
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-35960200
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 06:27:50 »

I'm not going tomorrow, the wife always takes me away for the weekend for this fixture.

(her geography is crap, we are actually spending the weekend in Wallingford - her choice, I assume she thought it was in Devon or the Lake District !)

Anyway, good luck to the Town, and for those that are going, here's something to cheer you up beforehand !
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-35960200

I have a lot of cousins in Wallingford. They follow the dark side. I don't speak to them.
Chrystovski

« Reply #33 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 07:32:04 »

Expecting an under whelming performance similar to but not quite as shit as last season.

2-0 defeat, with LW and the players 'apologising' to the fans for another 'disappointing' derby defeat.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 07:34:50 »

Luke Warm and his players totally unprepared for a derby game and what it means to the broader fan base.
Looking like a defeat, 2 0.
You really are a fucking moron.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 07:52:56 »

The Manor Ground was class albeit a bit intimidating. The alleyway behind the away end was a little bit scary as a kid. The Turbo 2-0 was a good way to sign off!

The Oxford fans take the piss out of our 'shithole' but I'd choose the County Ground over the Kassam every single time.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 08:13:32 »

The Oxford fans take the piss out of our 'shithole' but I'd choose the County Ground over the Kassam every single time.

I think most of their fans, if they're honest, would also take the County Ground over the Kassam every time.  The Kassam has always been a textbook example of how not to develop a ground.  Wrong design, wrong location.  I think most of their fans are quite up front and honest about it, to be fair to them.
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 08:26:31 »

The County Ground's a good stadium. It's just old.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 08:32:03 »

...and critically, the location could not be bettered.  (Not in Swindon, anyway.)  It's right at the heart of the town, where it belongs.  Not relegated to the periphery, at the arse end of nowhere, miles from town outside a ring road, and miles from any decent local pubs & businesses.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 08:33:36 »

I think I've said before but the kassam reminds me of that big soulless bowl in north London which we also have a terrible record at. I'm hopeful for a change of fortune, and I'd take a draw to end their run against us.

Does anyone else miss the Manor Ground?

Sorry can you delete this please, I can just see them wanking themselves  silly that we have likened their grossly over expensive unfinished shit hole to Wembley!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 08:38:50 »

...and critically, the location could not be bettered.  (Not in Swindon, anyway.)  It's right at the heart of the town, where it belongs.  Not relegated to the periphery, at the arse end of nowhere, miles from town outside a ring road, and miles from any decent local pubs & businesses.

You forgot the sewage works?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 08:47:39 »

I guess it's all part of the "everything about your rivals is shit" spiel.

Although I always admitted I loved Ashton Gate (pre makeover). Quiet as anything usually but a decent ground which allowed the away fans to make lots of noise. Still full of shit mind.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 08:57:21 »

Another reason why their fans have such an inferiority complex, is precisely this, the club has never really been that important to the City. Fair enough they try, but Oxford just isn't a football town. 

Even when they had the Maxwell swindled few seasons in Div 1, the gates were poor, in fact, they hold the record for the least attended Manure post war fixture.

It's also why they do a bus tour for finishing 3rd in the Conference.....a sort of look at us for all the tourists and students in the city centre.

stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 10:12:33 »

What time are people getting the train for those that are going?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, September 9, 2016, 10:24:37 »

10.45 from Reading for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: