Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Photo printing - online or in store  (Read 1946 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 14:54:41 »

I need to get around 90 photos printed this week, they're a mixture of original digital photos and scans so am aware the quality isn't going to be perfect for all of them and the dimensions of the images are all over the place as well so would prefer the option to crop them myself.

Not overly concerned about finding the cheapest, as long as it's good quality and turned around quickly. Has anyone ever used anyone online? I looked at a couple but they seem the same. I previously ordered a calendar from somewhere (forget where) and it took almost a month, presume that printing simple images won't be a problem.

Anyone had a good/bad experience and can guide me in the right direction please?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 14:59:40 »

My wifes been getting hers done free online. I know its photobooks something, but I'll have to wait until she gets in to let you know exactly as there are a few variants. Basically she gets one free album per month for P&P good quality stuff. You can pay for more obviously but she's tight..
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 15:03:04 »

Sounds useful, cheers - this is a one off thing though
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 15:08:38 »

I've found boots to be the best quality, I stay away from Asda and Tescos.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 15:09:22 »

My wifes been getting hers done free online. I know its photobooks something, but I'll have to wait until she gets in to let you know exactly as there are a few variants. Basically she gets one free album per month for P&P good quality stuff. You can pay for more obviously but she's tight..
id be interested in knowing the URL for this
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 18:08:57 »

I've used both cewe-photoworld.com and foto.com but for photobooks and stickers, that kind of thing, rather than just straight photos. Both are good quality and good value, about a week or so turnround on printed products (so would be quicker for photos I'd have thought), both have decent online tools to allow you to manipulate/crop etc the photos. Not sure what they're like for just photos, but would imagine they're pretty good.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 18:15:53 »

My wife has used snapfish, by HP, before and the 7" x 4" wasn't actually that size. Free but poor quality.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 20:23:10 »

id be interested in knowing the URL for this

I think she used this one through itunes. She's being "forgetful" but I know she did it through her iphone.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 10:32:27 »

I do mine in Boots. Loads of options, relatively cheap and a piece of piss
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: