Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Northampton Town official matchday thread  (Read 35496 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:36:17 »

Daggers top of the National League as well!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 15:02:14 »

To allow everyone to get home in time for the delights of England v Malta.

Really....at least unlike last time when we lost 3 players, this time 2 of them are out long term injured, and most seem to think Yaser should be left out anyway.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 19:34:25 »

The irony of last night is that we had as many shots on target in about 10 seconds as they did in 90 mins.

The difference sums up why we lost.

They put 3 of their 4 shots on target into the net.
And the sequence where we had four shots in those 10 seconds, for every one of them one of their players threw himself in front of the ball to stop it going in.

As much as he is dull as ditchwater to listen to Williams is right, the commitment that Northampton showed in either box put us to shame, the bits in between (which doesn't matter as much) we were much better.

I know which I'd prefer, and which will help us win some games
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 10:37:33 »

Looking at the Shrews forum....Saturday should be a classic, they reckon if they lose Mellon goes, I reckon if we lose Williams goes. 

They're losing fans as the football is "boring"  They suffer from disciplinary problems and expect red cards. The difference to us, is they don't concede pens but rather get them and then miss, 6 of the last 7 including Tuesday, which could have seen a win v 10 man Posh.

The presence of Adam El-Abd should spice it up on the potential card battle.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 11:23:42 »

They've got a pretty bad home record, we've got a pretty bad away record...

It's an STFC crapoff

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 14:25:58 »

To allow everyone to get home in time for the delights of England v Malta.

I was thinking about the last time we played Bolton at the CG.....and decided it may have been as far back as the 99 game.

On checking it proved so....we were terrible that day 4-0 down by half time, and clearly on our way to Div 3, no doubt. Interestingly Bolton had Eidur Gudjohnson playing for them....possibly the only Barca treble winning player to grace the CG, but less there to watch than Tuesday.

I doubt a repeat, we're not that bad, and they're probably not that good.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 14:38:59 »

I was thinking about the last time we played Bolton at the CG.....and decided it may have been as far back as the 99 game.

On checking it proved so....we were terrible that day 4-0 down by half time, and clearly on our way to Div 3, no doubt. Interestingly Bolton had Eidur Gudjohnson playing for them....possibly the only Barca treble winning player to grace the CG, but less there to watch than Tuesday.

I doubt a repeat, we're not that bad, and they're probably not that good.

I've a fairly healthy dislike for them following on from the LC semi final second leg defeat in 1995.
A piss taking stadium announcer as we were waiting to leave the ground, coupled with obnoxious git John McGinlay.
Hopefully a case of what goes around comes around on the 8th.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 14:39:53 »

And don't forget the 7-0 a few years after that...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:18:06 »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnker, wanker John...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: