Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32024 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 13:46:19 »

Though we were OK today, didn't create enough though.

Peterborough were certainly no better than us.

Its early days for this squad, its quite encouraging.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 13:50:14 »

Why is Nathan Thompson still playing for us? Of all the players in the shop window for the last 3/4 years that have been sold. I don't think we appreciate him enough, immense and our current longest serving player
adje

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 14:09:08 »

Why is Nathan Thompson still playing for us? Of all the players in the shop window for the last 3/4 years that have been sold. I don't think we appreciate him enough, immense and our current longest serving player

Although very good today,makes too many mistakes to step up a grade in my opinion,also poor disciplinary record may have something to do with it

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 14:11:31 »

Reasonably impressed with that.

Delf up front was isolated but did challenge back.

Goddard and Doughty outstanding, Brophy good but faded.

Dare I say it by Rogers was a bit unlucky to be subbed off and Murray won't forget his debut in a hurry....looked off the pace and I was surprised he got that much game time...early days for him.

Happy enough with a point away.

Corners were dogshit today...we need to make them count.

Birtles on Sky was spot on....all very nice with pretty play but sometimes you have to shake it up a bit. He said the same last season when Wigan served up our Arse on a plate.

vigs unlucky with a superb pen...glove or not that is going in!!

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 14:16:05 »

He's inherited the mantle of Shaun Taylor.  Not sure I expected ever to see that.  Swindon through & through.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 14:17:27 »

Actually - to be fair to NT - he's probably more Swindon than Shaun ever was.  Shaun was simply loyal - very loyal - to us when he was with us.  Nathan has STFC in his DNA.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 14:19:16 »

So do we all to be fair

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Stevens

« Reply #142 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 17:23:02 »

Thompson was man of the match without any doubt.
Not sure about Jones, looks a bit similar to another Turnbull who I thought was a total carthorse.

Good point but should have been more.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 17:33:36 »

Well, my 'critical' thoughts were:

Vigs: Didn't have anything to do

Brophy: Has a left foot and nothing else. Defender he was up against kept showing him inside and had him in his pocket.

Barry: Good outlet at times but couldn't cross

Thompson: Calm and assured and didn't lunge in today. Looked very good.

Jones: Big lad. Caught out of position and baited too easily. Looks pretty good and an upgrade on Turnbull.

Furlong: Played his position well I thought. Safe but unspectacular.

Rodgers: Thought he was tidy. Didn't take any risks. Solid display.

Thomas: Liked the look of him. Ran around and got the ball back lots. Played nice simple passes.

Doughty: Lots of energy and spark in midfield. Bit one footed and a little wasteful in the final third. Thought he unsurprisingly tired towards the end. Worked hard all game.

Goddard: Thought he got in lots of good positions, but his touch seemed poor and he took too long on the ball.

Delfouneso: At times I felt sorry for him in the first half. Thought he made lots of good runs and kept indicating where he wanted the ball, but noone passed it for him to run onto. But, I wasn't particularly impressed with his flicks and hold up play. Also, I'm not sure he is a predator in the box - Always seemed a mile away from the ball. Was that because he didn't take up good positions or because the service was poor?

Subs:
Murray: Looked very slow and rusty. Didn't see anything of note. Would rather he had a week of training before making his debut.

BOO: Looked lively but very small! Seemed ineffective after taking a clattering from one of our own players!

Norris: Ran around and tried hard. Shame his one chance didn't go in the back of the net.

Overall, I think that we looked a bit more organised and self assured at the back. We also looked quite disciplined when we didn't have the ball. However, I thought we offered little to no threat in the final third and needed the help of the Posh defence to grind out a result. Having said that, before the game, I thought we would lose quite comfortably. So battling back to 2-2 was a good result. I don't think either team will be challenging at the top, nor will they be struggling at the bottom.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 18:36:21 »

They say people see games differently, but the above is exactly how I saw each player. Murray did look ring rusty, but at least he didn't let the penalty let his head drop, he was solid enough after, without doing anything spectacular. High hopes for him once he gets match fitness, and settles in.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 18:56:45 »

They say people see games differently, but the above is exactly how I saw each player. Murray did look ring rusty, but at least he didn't let the penalty let his head drop, he was solid enough after, without doing anything spectacular. High hopes for him once he gets match fitness, and settles in.
He should have been fit, did a full pre-season and played regularly in their development squads, played for Watford on Tuesday evening!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 19:01:46 »

He should have been fit, did a full pre-season and played regularly in their development squads, played for Watford on Tuesday evening!

Still not the same as 5-6 L1 games. He'll be good, mark my words!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 19:44:24 »

Agree, he'll ooze quality .. Only going to get better
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, September 3, 2016, 19:54:29 »

The most positive thing for me today was the fact we started without Kasim, Obika, Sendells- White and Branco, yet we put out a decent team and we had good options on the bench which we never had last season.

We should have won today and I think we will do well this season. Our final ball needs to be better.

Looking forward to us scoring four or five goals next Saturday !
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 08:28:46 »

The most positive thing for me today was the fact we started without Kasim, Obika, Sendells- White and Branco, yet we put out a decent team and we had good options on the bench which we never had last season.

Agreed. Think we are missing Ajose (or any true goalscorer) hugely, and this may be more of a problem later in the season. But the squad looks much more balanced to me with better options/cover in most positions.

Hopefully the 17 attacking midfielders can share the goals amongst them to keep us scoring enough to be competitive.

Acid test will come on the proverbial cold February night in Oldham but promising that this young team hasn't let their heads drop and now recovered something from losing positions a few times already.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: