Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31614 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #150 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 08:56:29 »

Thompson was man of the match without any doubt.
Not sure about Jones, looks a bit similar to another Turnbull who I thought was a total carthorse.

Good point but should have been more.
Jones is twice the player Turnbull was already
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #151 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 09:17:11 »

A few quotes from the Posh forum on the game....

Who's the guest commenter on Sky because he has a huge boner for the Robins.

Two mid-table teams.

I don't think it was that bad, I only got to watch 60 minutes as I had a game of my own but Swindon are gonna be around the same area that we desire to be around so doesn't a draw sound fair? I don't think it was a case of two crap teams as a lot of people seem to be steering towards I feel it was just two evenly matched teams not wanting to lose against an equal team

A fair result between two evenly matched teams.

Average is fair.
Comedy from Birtles saying what a good advert it was for L1.
Thought it was dull and the whole thing lacked atmosphere.

Mediocre at best. We are without doubt work in progress. Lets get past Christmas before we even think about promotion. At this moment in time to many players not consistent enough, as said elsewhere, lets be thankful for the point, move on, no point dwelling on that performance. Swindon were no better mind, it was always going to be a penalty or og for them to score, they created nothing.

We are not consistent enough overall. They looked a little more dangerous than us in attack.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #152 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 09:17:53 »

I agree there, he has a bit of pace and is a solid unit, worked well with Thompson I thought, he will get better and better.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 09:26:16 »

A few quotes from the Posh forum on the game....

I like the two at the bottom.

They created nothing, compared to they looked a little more dangerous than us in attack Cheesy

Just goes to show that whoever you support, everyone sees the game differently.

Having watched the game again on TV those two efforts (one at the end of each half) by Goddard & Norris were fucking close.

At the time I thought Norris had scored
Peter Venkman

« Reply #154 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 09:36:35 »

I must admit I thought both Goddard and Norris has scored watching it on tv, they were both closer than a gnats nadger away Smiley

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 09:59:24 »

I thought some of the Posh fans made fair comments. It was a fairly dull and pedestrian game at times and neither side really looked anything special, both relied upon errors to score.

However we are lacking our two best players, had only one and a half natural centre backs on the pitch and some players who still need to settle in properly.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #156 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 10:01:30 »

However we are lacking our two best players, had only one and a half natural centre backs on the pitch and some players who still need to settle in properly.
Absolutely spot on, I think if we had JSW, Kasim and Obika playing then it may have been a different result, but we can only speculate on that.

The weather played a big part in the game, forcing errors on both sides.

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 10:44:13 »

I think Luke Williams summing up was pretty spot on however even as an involved spectator it was incredibly dull and I thought the commentary that highlighted our final play as being dreadful was spot on - early season so hoping this team will get better as a unit - I would like to see BOO thrown on as an possible impact player as he looked like he was trying to get something going by attacking with the ball - not a great advert for League 1 football and any independent watching that would have gone for a walk - onwards and upwards....

Bathtime
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 13:24:14 »

I think Luke Williams summing up was pretty spot on however even as an involved spectator it was incredibly dull and I thought the commentary that highlighted our final play as being dreadful was spot on - early season so hoping this team will get better as a unit - I would like to see BOO thrown on as an possible impact player as he looked like he was trying to get something going by attacking with the ball - not a great advert for League 1 football and any independent watching that would have gone for a walk - onwards and upwards....

I thought it was a decent advert for league 1 football, good technique, not a lot of diving, no hoofball, no stereotypical big lumps kicking the shit out of eachother. The only thing that was missing was real pace and finishing. Depends what you're into though
Stevens

« Reply #159 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 16:11:00 »

I may have been a hit harsh on Jones, he can at least attack a ball in the area without letting it bounce.
Was at fault for the first goal(free kick), but he has not many games behind him.
I have only seen him twice, and on both occasions he has not impressed me, quite happy to be wrong.
Turnbull was bloody crap, best news this season was hearing he had signed for another club.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #160 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 16:37:01 »

The game against posh had far better quality than the shit being dished up by England v Slovakia.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 18:00:14 »

The game against posh had far better quality than the shit being dished up by England v Slovakia.

I'd have liked it if we'd got a 95th minute winner  Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 18:35:06 »

Tbf, I think that was more down to Slovakia than England. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #163 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 18:51:24 »

Tbf, I think that was more down to Slovakia than England. 
But England had fuck all quality. Goddard had better movement than any England player today. England are just a load of dogshit players sometimes replaced by other dogshit players.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, September 4, 2016, 20:34:03 »

Forget England, I remain undefeated as a Matchday thread starter. :-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: