Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kodi box  (Read 3672 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 10:32:57 »

Been playing with Kodi on my PVR and liking it. Even the missus is impressed, now she wants a Kodi box for the upstairs telly. Looking at getting a cheapo Android TV box, anyone got any recommendations/avoids etc?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 11:08:12 »

Get a raspberry pi2b or 3b, kodi (actually OpenElec) comes as a preloaded choice on most noobs builds. £35 tops, don't forget to get a wireless remote/keyboard.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 11:11:34 »

Get a raspberry pi2b or 3b, kodi (actually OpenElec) comes as a preloaded choice on most noobs builds. £35 tops, don't forget to get a wireless remote/keyboard.
Are they pre-built though, can't be arsed with faffing about DIYing it?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 12:06:46 »

Got one of these Pauld

Great bit of kit

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/product/t8-aml-v2-amlogic-s802-quad-core-2-0-ghz-android-4-4-mini-4k-tv-box/

Might be out of your price range, but that site has a vast selection of boxes on it
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 13:18:56 »

Are they pre-built though, can't be arsed with faffing about DIYing it?

Yes, prebuilt. You just need to put the preloaded memory card in and select which OS you want (openelec for you) and it does the rest bar setting up your media sources.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 13:24:55 »

Just seeing the thread title I assumed that Kodi Box was a new signing we were looking at?
The Saint

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 14:16:04 »

Got one of these Pauld

Great bit of kit

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/product/t8-aml-v2-amlogic-s802-quad-core-2-0-ghz-android-4-4-mini-4k-tv-box/

Might be out of your price range, but that site has a vast selection of boxes on it

So does that enable recording and  HD channels whichI can't do with my firestick and give me access to sports and mean i can finally get rid of my sky box?  Hmmm
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 14:23:05 »

Just seeing the thread title I assumed that Kodi Box was a new signing we were looking at?

I thought there was going to be some Japanese lady bit visuals.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 2, 2016, 11:46:06 »

I got an 'S905 android' box for my brother as a birthday gift.

Great bit of cheap kit but came pre-installed with practically every addon (even defunct ones) so I wiped Kodi and started again. Benefit is it's android with full play store so you can add loads of other apps if you want to turn any tv into a fully smart one.

They're all practically the same but rebadged so go on amazon and get hunting the cheaper ones...this one looks good https://www.amazon.co.uk/ANTSIR-Android-Version-Lollipop-Streaming/dp/B01CNK880S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1472816595&sr=1-1&keywords=android+s905

I'd also recommend installing the 'Kore remote' app on your smartphone to control Kodi, or get a cheap wireless keyboard. The remote is sufficient but it's a pain to type using it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: