Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 138584 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 17:26:26 »

Probably fair to bemoan that decision.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 21:03:41 »

They'd have spent more than that £6 in the launderette.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 21:17:16 »

Isn't that always the case? We couldn't offer them the bank and not the arkells, so why sell both when we're expecting a reduced crowd? I know they will sell, but I can sort of see the logic. Saving Brovers fans a few quid isn't the priority at STFC is it  Huh?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Monday, September 5, 2016, 21:18:50 »

Same procedure with every single match hosted at the county ground I believe. You sell out the Arkell and if required the bank is opened. If you reduce the rovers fans to £19 for Arkell then you will need to for every fan in the ground who is POD.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 06:00:05 »

I know it's a cost thing, but this isn't really like most games for those that went to the first game is it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 10:23:46 »

Just got a tweet that Rovers fans now planning to boycott the re-arranged game.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #471 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 10:24:21 »

Just got a tweet that Rovers fans now planning to boycott the re-arranged game.

Good
Flashheart

« Reply #472 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 10:30:26 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14725244.Rovers_fans_plan_to_boycott_re_arranged_fixture/

Just seen this myself and noticed something. While I've no doubt that quite a few Rovers fans will not be attending due to cost, convenience and/or principle, there is absolutely nothing substantiating this story whatsoever. No comments from any kind of supporters group, nothing. Even the article itself makes no mention of a boycott.

A cynic might think that the headline has been spun to make the article sound more dramatic than it actually is in order to try and sell more copies...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 10:34:00 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14725244.Rovers_fans_plan_to_boycott_re_arranged_fixture/

Just seen this myself and noticed something. While I've no doubt that quite a few Rovers fans will not be attending due to cost, convenience and/or principle, there is absolutely nothing substantiating this story whatsoever. No comments from any kind of supporters group, nothing. Even the article itself makes no mention of a boycott.

A cynic might think that the headline has been spun to make the article sound more dramatic than it actually is in order to try and sell more copies...

Yeah, it was a link to that story FH.

I'm sure they have seen a dozen or so Rovers fans saying they aren't going and have made it into something more substantial.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 10:44:40 »

I'm giving it a miss but I don't class it as a boycott....just see it as a financial demand too far...personally.

I wont be doing any EFL Trophy games ....that is a Boycott...

The difference for me is that I do hope the gate isn't too bad for the gas whereas I hope the CG is empty for the EFL games.

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 11:09:40 »

Unbelievable from the club. Fucking disgraceful in fact. No discount. Pay more instead. Don't blame them for boycotting.
lambourn red

« Reply #476 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 11:10:36 »

the horse bothering go after families in club shirts neanderthals Cheesy
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 11:13:34 »

Exactly. Bunch of baseball bat wielding cunts.

Sent from my MotoG3
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 11:23:54 »

Unbelievable from the club. Fucking disgraceful in fact. No discount. Pay more instead. Don't blame them for boycotting.

Agree. They just keep digging themselves in deeper. When not bending to pressure turns into aggravating people away, it no longer makes any sense at all.

Power will be a better businessman when he learns that showing a bit of humanity can be good business too. I'm not holding my breath though.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 11:32:55 »

Some of our fans are being fleeced too. Just by not as much as them.
We have our collection of moron supporters too you know ?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: