Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 136874 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 20:08:10 »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned before, but I hope Clarke is confident of his own club's policy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37224014

Anyone know if fans were charged full price again following Rovers' abandoned game at Wycombe in 2012?  
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 20:09:57 »

The only thing that bothers me about this is that it gives sticks to people that want to find sticks to throw at the Chairman.

I don't think it mates any difference. At the moment some 'special' fan is having a rant that Power and Williams have lied to us about not signing 2 loan players and instead signing Murray when they didn't mention a midfielder....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 20:14:46 »

So would I.

it doesn't affect me financially. But it has pissed off a few of the dads of my dibs football team. one even donated some cash to jaybox instead of buying another ticket in disgust.

you can can them stupid for having that attitude, or whatever, and maybe its a relatively small % that think this way/follow through. but multiply it up and even if it's a small % I find it concerning, disappointing.

Power of course doesn't care, or at least shows no sign of it. Mainly because his model is about buying and selling players. A few hundred 'occasionals' probably don't matter.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 20:16:25 »

The only thing that bothers me about this is that it gives sticks to people that want to find sticks to throw at the Chairman.

I'd rather be talking about Sean Murray.
I think he could have explained/apologised for the announcement at the game regarding keeping hold of ticket stubs. Other than that there's nothing more to say.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 20:30:57 »

What irks me about that line is the suggestion that it was generous of the club not to charge ST holders, because by rights they'd already used up their voucher on the original game. Imagine the shitstorm if they'd just tried charging them full price. Looking to spin this as generous "free entry" is beyond disingenuous.

Or that the club's terms and conditions entitle season ticket holders to free entry to every home league game. More a contractual obligation than a generous loyalty offer.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 20:56:39 »

Even that Christian twat though it was over the top.

Jesus Christ!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:01:15 »

When I read that page I do wonder how representative it is of the fans as a whole.

Some people are kicking off because season ticket holders have said they're going to the game..
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:17:37 »

When I read that page I do wonder how representative it is of the fans as a whole.

Some people are kicking off because season ticket holders have said they're going to the game..
It just makes me hate a section of our 'fans'.

Every club seems to have a 'special' element but we do seem to suffer from it more than most.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:22:48 »

Every club seems to have a 'special' element but we do seem to suffer from it more than most.
They're virtual. Don't let the 'specials' get to you.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:29:46 »

We really don't. It just seems that way because we only tend to read Swindon forums/facebook pages etc. Every club forum I've been on has it's section of 'specials'. It also reminds me of the 'only on The Town End could this happen' type posts I read on here as is if this is some kind of unique football forum & that going off on a tangent from the original subject never happens elsewhere!!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:33:15 »

If I was Power i'd invite them in to say stuff they post without foundation to his face. They wouldn't of course. About time the internet gods replaced IP addresses with real ones, that would shut a lot of people up Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:34:40 »

well said Freddy
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:40:17 »

We really don't. It just seems that way because we only tend to read Swindon forums/facebook pages etc. Every club forum I've been on has it's section of 'specials'. It also reminds me of the 'only on The Town End could this happen' type posts I read on here as is if this is some kind of unique football forum & that going off on a tangent from the original subject never happens elsewhere!!!
Still not convinced. A whole Facebook group devoted to spouting unsubstantiated bollocks about the club, the 'get him off' and the 'get it forward brigade' at matches. I still think we have more than other clubs and quite frankly some of the stuff they are moaning about is embarrassing.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:42:54 »

This comment seems to have 'rattled a few cages'. Personaly I don't care what other people do, Ive paid once and I am not going to pay full price again, good luck to the season ticket holders, they put their money up front and deserve some kind of recognition, but if every 'pay on the day' suppporter does as I am going to and stays away unless tickets are reduced (which seems highly unlikely), and only season ticket holders turn up, how will that help pay the overheads ?.  Come on Mr Power use a bit of common sense here.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:45:02 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:48:55 »

I think it's all a cunning plan to keep the riff raff away. I'm all for it Jeeves.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: