Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 138593 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 19:45:24 »

Some examples of the cost of Policing matches, which indicate the cost to clubs isn't as high as some may think.  Haven't found any for Wiltshire Police yet but they can't be hugely different to these examples (which represent the cost for a year, which is bound to include the odd 'higher risk' game).

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/about-us/freedom-of-information/previous-foi-requests/policing-football-matches/cost-of-policing-football-matches/

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2016-08-10/policing-top-football-matches-in-manchester-costs-more-than-anywhere-else-in-uk/

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/police-struggle-to-absorb-costs-of-matchdays-1-7457658
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 19:52:21 »

Quick scan of the EFL rules reveals this.

28.4    Every Club must have a publicly stated policy regarding ticket refunds or other arrangements for abandoned Matches.

Wonder where ours is publicly stated?

ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 20:03:04 »

Sat police bill was 28k rematch is 32k .This includes Thames valley an avon and Somerset on loan includes horses.Only charged for actual police inside ground and some of car park all agreed in advance .In the know for once !!!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 20:08:38 »

Sat police bill was 28k rematch is 32k .This includes Thames valley an avon and Somerset on loan includes horses.Only charged for actual police inside ground and some of car park all agreed in advance .In the know for once !!!
Interesting, appreciate you may be in the know, but can you explain why re-match costs will be 4k dearer ??

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 20:18:14 »

Some are now suggesting that the match was allowed to start (as opposed to being postponed before hand) deliberately in order get the match abandoned, so that Power could then charge again for the reply.

And I am not fucking exaggerating either.
Ha! Are some people really that idiotic? Can you imagine the furore if the match was called off before it started, just in case it rained?! Anyone who didn't witness the conditions really shouldn't bother criticising.

STFC/Power hasn't done itself any favours with this decision. Even if the replay lost the club some dosh, openly stating that it was to reduce prices for those with stubs and willing to take a financial hit would have been decent PR. At least it may have zipped the gobs of some of the Power=Satan mob. It may even have encouraged a few more pay-on-the-dayers to watch a derby under lights.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 20:19:57 »

Interesting, appreciate you may be in the know, but can you explain why re-match costs will be 4k dearer ??

My guess would be unsociable hours?
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 20:22:31 »

Logistics are completely different for evening games I am told other than that not sure
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 20:26:43 »

More time for drinking, more chance of trouble = more police. Plus its relatively short notice so will have to cancel rest days/ change officers shifts around to accommodate. At least some of them arent having to come from essex this time!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 20:27:12 »

Back in 2007 I seem to remember we were charged 3 or 4 pounds extra to cover the extra police costs when we played them away - and they did not charge their fans the extra amount.
Just as an aside

I come from a land down-under
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 20:35:33 »

Our four home abandonments since 1980 as far as I can tell have all been in leap years.

Power is clearly playing the long game here with some sinister astrologically based betting accumulator.
Will this be enough to get accepted into the FB fans group.  Hmmm

It's too long since the last one to look for precedents in terms of ticketing arrangements for the rearranged games with different people in charge etc. Was a ST holder in those seasons so don't know / can't remember.

I can see where the club is coming from, but as has been suggested earlier in the thread £15 for side stands and £10 - £12 for the ends would seem reasonable.

As a footnote, I'm assuming that there was a stock control issue resulting in lack of cheapo waterproof availability for the drowned rats on Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 20:57:52 »

Agree with most on here. Full price for rematch is awful PR particularly given tannoy announcement to keep stubs. Club need to rethink and announce reduced prices for all stands. I would have made it £15 for side stands £10 being goals and charged £5 for season ticket holders. Think that would have got 10k crowd but now 6k max in my opinion . Forgetting klds that would have generated say 5k at sides £75k 3k s/t holders £15k and 2k behind goals £20k = £110k. By contrast 3k at say £25 max = £75k with s/t holders going free. Bad PR = less income both immediate and long term. Hope they see sense and reverse decision tomorrow. Forget stubs just make cheaper all round.
Talk Talk

« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 21:40:36 »

What a load of outraged shite. I find it absolutely comical.

It's another match. Hopefully ninety minutes. Just because you were "inconvenienced" into only 60 minutes worth of entertainment on Saturday because of the weather you think that you have some "right" to pay less for future entertainment.

I've been to an England Cricket Test Match at the Oval which finished just before lunch. I bought a ticket for a whole day's play. You get what you pay for. I wasn't going to get all shirty because that is the nature of sport and the elements. Actually we fucked off to Lord's and watched Middlesex in a one dayer and that was ace.

Get a grip and stop bloody moaning. It's income for the club  Roll Eyes
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 21:51:39 »

Talk talk. Cricket is a far more weather dependant sport and you know the risks and refund policy before you attend. To have a game of football called off in august because of a waterlogged pitch is slightly uusual and given that the club specifically asked all supporters to keep their ticket  stubs  created a reasonable expectation of a refund or reduction on the rearranged fixture.
woolster

« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 21:54:13 »

Talk talk. Cricket is a far more weather dependant sport and you know the risks and refund policy before you attend. To have a game of football called off in august because of a waterlogged pitch is slightly uusual and given that the club specifically asked all supporters to keep their ticket  stubs  created a reasonable expectation of a refund or reduction on the rearranged fixture.

this
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 21:57:10 »

What a load of outraged shite. I find it absolutely comical.

I've been to an England Cricket Test Match at the Oval which finished just before lunch. I bought a ticket for a whole day's play. You get what you pay for. I wasn't going to get all shirty because that is the nature of sport and the elements. Actually we fucked off to Lord's and watched Middlesex in a one dayer and that was ace.

Get a grip and stop bloody moaning. It's income for the club  Roll Eyes

At least when you buy a test match ticket you know how many overs are bowled before you lose the refund. Will have to see what the STFC publicly stated policy is!

If this had been the Port Vale game it would be a non event as it could be done with stewards and we don't get many walk ups for Tuesday night games. This being a derby game is tricky. If we knew Rovers were only bringing a few hundred then it's policed accordingly but it's an unknown so how do you size your costs?

The club do seem to have adopted the worse case scenario. Maybe we will get a 'we have listened to the fans' climb down?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: