Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 137075 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 16:28:02 »

The 1st half sounded as though it was lacking in quality to me, but then I was listening on Bristol comms.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 16:39:11 »

The 1st half sounded as though it was lacking in quality to me, but then I was listening on Bristol comms.

That's almost a thisis comment Wink

Anyone complaining about the game being called off is an eejit. I'm just glad we didn't score the 3 goals we should have done in the first half, would be much more annoyed.

I liked how confused some of the hooligans were too.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 16:41:57 »

Quality from them maybe...

We completely dominated them first half, created a host of chances and all that was lacking was a finishing touch, we played pretty well and actually looked pretty solid at the back as well. 2nd half was a non event as the pitch had standing water on it when the second half kicked off and we couldn't play any passes or run with the ball as a result. They were playing a long ball game so conditions would have suited them more.

Bizarrely I've seen a few people having a pop at Power about the pitch being done on the cheap and that was why it was abandoned. Fuck me the rain was biblical, no pitch in the world would have coped with that and I think it is testament to the quality of our pitch that the game lasted as long as it did.
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 16:42:46 »

I was wondering how on earth the DRS was flooding from the back.  Water was coming down the steps.  How did that happen?  I'd be very concerned about the construction of it...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 16:44:37 »

I was wondering how on earth the DRS was flooding from the back.  Water was coming down the steps.  How did that happen?  I'd be very concerned about the construction of it...

The guttering was overflowing as at one point the rain was just ridiculous, just had no where to go.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #140 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 16:51:46 »

From the Town comms it was almost exactly the opposite, we were very unlucky not to be winning at HT.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 16:56:11 »

Been in Canada last 2 months so that's the first opportunity to see us play.

Thoughts:
Jones is an excellent acquisition, looks head and shoulders above Turnbull (literally), first player willing to head it since Flint..
Kasim is our best player by a long shot, let's hope his form doesn't dip after the transfer window.
Delfouneso looks a decent player and is going to offer us a lot in terms of possession.

Problem may be a lack of a clinical edge up front - could have to create a huge amount of chances to score in a game.

(Also, Rodgers had a pretty good game today, helps us tick in midfield - nowhere near as bad as some people make out)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 16:58:48 »

Bizarrely I've seen a few people having a pop at Power about the pitch being done on the cheap and that was why it was abandoned. Fuck me the rain was biblical, no pitch in the world would have coped with that and I think it is testament to the quality of our pitch that the game lasted as long as it did.

The drainage system was put in during the Black era. As you said, if the rain comes down like that, no pitch would've coped.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 16:59:03 »

Talk about a delayed reaction. 23 years has to be a record..
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 17:33:41 »

That's almost a thisis comment Wink

Ouch!  Flashheart joins the 1%-ers.  Cheesy

Back to the match, I thought we were very comfortable throughout the first half but need to improve significantly in front of goal.  Rovers tactics seemed to be to play two or three neat passes in their own half and then lump it aimlessly into ours. I was very impressed with Jones again today (a proper, old-school centre half in the making) but less so with Norris.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 17:38:39 »

The drainage system was put in during the Black era. As you said, if the rain comes down like that, no pitch would've coped.

Ours did!!
Swindon & District level!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 17:59:22 »

Ours did!!
Swindon & District level!

Wink
woolster

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 18:04:50 »

did I miss the townend banner and streamer display Hmmm

forget this, just seen your twitter comment
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 18:21:11 by woolster » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 18:24:18 »

Do the yellow cards from today still stand? As in, do they still count toward bans etc or are they wiped as the game didn't finish?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 18:46:18 »

Unless there has been a rule change I haven't seen, cards still stand.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: