Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 137104 times)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 16:26:47 »

I don't rate BOO at all. Brophy is inconsistent but offers so much more.

Agreed.  But I think he's a winger rather than a wing-back.  Not sure about him defensively.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 17:17:15 »

BOO's shit.. Brophy's alright, probably just about L1 standard
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 17:24:02 »

Interesting to think that Ormonde-Ottewill came from the Premier League academy system immediately before joining Town while Brophy came from the second tier of the Spartan South Midlands Football League.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 17:24:45 »

BOO should have been fucked off after 'laughinggasgate'
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #724 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 17:25:42 »

Brophy would be better as a left winger, looks threatening going forward when he gets the chance
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 17:55:37 »

Interesting to think that Ormonde-Ottewill came from the Premier League academy system immediately before joining Town while Brophy came from the second tier of the Spartan South Midlands Football League.

Even more amazing when you consider BOO was regarded as Arsenal's best left-sided prospect since Ashley Cole (according to Mike Calvin's book about the scouting system, The Nowhere Men).
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #726 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 19:54:03 »

On Saturday I was doing my nut. Yesterday I just shrugged my shoulders as you just knew we would fuck up. I'm struggling to care. Seeing the same fuck ups game after game season after season is making me care less and less. I'll still go but i don't much give a shit any more. Maybe in a bit old school but I like to see full blooded challenges or a defender intimidating and dominating their forward. If football was a non contact sport we might be ok but we are so lightweight.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 20:38:39 »

On Saturday I was doing my nut. Yesterday I just shrugged my shoulders as you just knew we would fuck up. I'm struggling to care. Seeing the same fuck ups game after game season after season is making me care less and less. I'll still go but i don't much give a shit any more. Maybe in a bit old school but I like to see full blooded challenges or a defender intimidating and dominating their forward. If football was a non contact sport we might be ok but we are so lightweight.

This is pretty much me.

For me the buzz has gone. I used to stand in the TE full of excitement about scoring and winning, now I get nervous about fannying about at the back and conceding.

The last player we had that was full blooded and seemed to care was Al Abd and he was on loan from the shitheads....says it all. Probably too old to fit in with the Town model of selling youngins on for profit.

I made a personal choice not to attend last night but had the phone on my lap.

Thought at 1:1 a draw might be a reasonable result....like Chalkie I shrugged at 2:1 and tossed the phone across the room and sighed.

It's annoying because the same shit keeps happening with us, game after game.

You can see the issues from space and they keep happening...

Clems Army!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 21:35:28 »

You can see the issues from space and they keep happening...

This is kind of the crux I think. The most depressing goals to concede aren't just the incompetent ones, but the ones that are so predictable.

I still think people are overreacting though. I'm definitely not happy sitting in the stands at great effort and expense waiting for the inevitable defensive fuck up.. But I remember a time when I wasn't sure if we'd even continue to exist the next day. There was a time when the players got pissed the night before a game and put no effort in. There was a time when JED was in charge. And I've not even been a fan that long.

I just can't get hysterical about Lee Power in comparison.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 21:37:02 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #729 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 10:42:33 »

It's not the owner I have a problem with as such, it's the glaring lack of acknowledgement that something needs to change regarding the style of play.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 11:42:15 »

It's not the owner I have a problem with as such, it's the glaring lack of acknowledgement that something needs to change regarding the style of play.

It wont change as that is what Power believes we need to do to a)attract the best loans and b) be successful

The style would not be so bad if they did not overplay it but this pure football and insistence of overplaying it and walking it into the back of the net or playing it back to the keeper when it is safer to knock it down pitch, Williams has bought into this and believes in it so under him is how we will play.

When Ling was here he changed things slightly and there was less overplaying and more playing the ball with purpose, so maybe Power will relent slightly with the right coach that recognizes the issues of playing that way and is willing to stand his ground for a reason.

The other is we have is that the players we have are all young lads, now after a few defeats in a row most will start to look for that perfect ball not wanting to make a mistake not wanting to be the person that loses the game, which in turn makes winning the game more difficult as the players put more pressure on themselves.

Judging by how long Power gave Cooper, and as he saw fit to give Williams a 5 year deal I'm not convinced Power will act anytime soon, so it may fall to Williams to acknowledge he's not good enough if things continue in this manner, and come to an agreement whereby he moves aside or an experienced manager comes into work alongside him.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 11:56:57 »

Judging by how long Power gave Cooper, and as he saw fit to give Williams a 5 year deal I'm not convinced Power will act anytime soon, so it may fall to Williams to acknowledge he's not good enough if things continue in this manner, and come to an agreement whereby he moves aside or an experienced manager comes into work alongside him.

I reckon Luke has 2 more games tops....it won't have escaped Power's notice that we currently don't have a saleable asset...despite Luke's best turd polishing efforts.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:06:57 »

I reckon Luke has 2 more games tops....it won't have escaped Power's notice that we currently don't have a saleable asset...despite Luke's best turd polishing efforts.

I'm not convinced on that, I think it will be Luke's decision as I think Power is blinkered
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:16:15 »

Agree with The flash the buzz has gone,i attend with my 78 yr old dad and 21 yr old boy and we have all lost that buzz.I can get the £10 tickets but that still seems too much bother to go and get frustrated seeing the same slow boring football with almost no atmosphere and no excitement to generate any.The phrase (the right way to play) pisses me off,pass pass pass with no threat on the oppositions goal then one bad pass and the ball ends up in our net....so frustrating.Lets face it we haven't got the Spurs youth team anymore...it worked with them.I feel sorry for my lad,at least i had the Macari,Ossie and Hoddle years but since he started watching at 7yrs it's been one fuck up after another and he's fed up with it now.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 12:28:14 »

Agree with The flash the buzz has gone,i attend with my 78 yr old dad and 21 yr old boy and we have all lost that buzz.I can get the £10 tickets but that still seems too much bother to go and get frustrated seeing the same slow boring football with almost no atmosphere and no excitement to generate any.The phrase (the right way to play) pisses me off,pass pass pass with no threat on the oppositions goal then one bad pass and the ball ends up in our net....so frustrating.Lets face it we haven't got the Spurs youth team anymore...it worked with them.I feel sorry for my lad,at least i had the Macari,Ossie and Hoddle years but since he started watching at 7yrs it's been one fuck up after another and he's fed up with it now.

Indeed, can relate to that.

The only right way to play is to win - unless you've got money on a game for the number of corners or amount of possession in a game.

If Power was to appoint a manager and they decided after their appointment they didn't want to play 'his' way but got results, how would it be in Power's benefit to sack them?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: