Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 137107 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:08:24 »

All I can see ahead is a season of struggle. When you sell a 25 goal a season striker and don't replace him adequately, it's always going to be an uphill struggle.

Everytime we're under pressure we make mistakes. It's utter bullshit and quite honestly I'm bored of watching it.  A few more defeats and I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams resign. He doesn't seem at all comfortable in the role and I doubt will feel the pressure is worth it.

Glad I didn't see the Branco badge thumping, it might of tipped me over the edge!
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:17:27 »

If Norris could hit a barn door we could well have hung on for an ill deserved win. Murray and Brophy were our only creative outlets and after they went off we really looked short of inspiration. Though to be fair Boo was a lot better than he was at Oxford. Obika worked his bollocks off but simply aint gonna get enough goals to keep us up all on his own, Delfonso looks classy but no determination to get on the end of anything. Goddard needs a goal and Connor Thomas seriously needs to step up his game. Did he win a single tackle or second ball? After a brilliant first 10 minutes and somehow then hanging on in there for the next 70 there was absolutely no one capable of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and getting us back into it after 60 seconds of footballing suicide handed Rovers the win. Barry hamstring JSW knee, Doughty appendicitis, Jordan Stewart ligaments....... Beginning to look just like late September/October last year. Minus Nicky Ajose to get us out of the shit.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:22:22 »

Before tonight I was confident mid table was going to be where we would end up. After tonight I am not so sure. How much did we pay for Norris because he was fucking wank tonight. Not enough goals in is sadly and with Branco now having to play regularly we are going to be just as wank at the back.

Club needs a big change. Change of style is needed but it won't happen.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:22:25 »

I didn't attend tonight but it sounds like the kind of performance that I eventually got tired of watching.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:31:43 »

We seem to retain possession better when Rodgers plays.

I read the Branco badge thumping as an attempt to apologise.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:32:04 »

That game bored the shit out of me, it's an actual ordeal to watch this side at the moment.

Cannot for the life of me see what Thomas is bringing to the midfield.  He contributed absolutely nothing.  

On the flip side Murray looks absolute class. Get Doughty back and with on form Kasim and Murray and that midfield 3 will be absolute class
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:36:24 »

Doughty is not back for weeks!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:38:49 »

I didn't attend tonight but it sounds like the kind of performance that I eventually got tired of watching.

I'm sure we'll improve as long as you stay away. That's usually how it works isn't it? The less support we get the better we do?

That game bored the shit out of me

Wtf? That game was many things - depressing my choice word - but it wasn't boring. It would have been corking for a neutral.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:41:02 »

I'm sure we'll improve as long as you stay away. That's usually how it works isn't it? The less support we get the better we do?

Well I've stayed away for a few years now, how are we doing?
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:44:48 »

Wtf? That game was many things - depressing my choice word - but it wasn't boring. It would have been corking for a neutral.

Boring probably wasn't the best word to use, there was enough going on. I just couldn't get into it.

I think our style of play, which I was all for originally, is well and truly grinding me down now.  Not that I'm in "get it forward" brigade yet. When we did hit it long tonight the Rovers defence seemed to win every bloody header
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:45:31 »

Doughty is not back for weeks!

Yea I know
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:49:40 »

Get the Brasso ready Reg.

It's in full working order....
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:52:08 »

The only crumb of comfort I got was cashing out about 2 minutes before the penalty for £67 I had £30 on town win at 2/1

You could just se it coming which begs the question what was Williams watching and why could he not change it around
Funnily enough I did the same thing - about 5 minutes before the penalty !!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 22:55:29 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 23:03:10 »

The problem now is that with our summer business we've massively restricted ourselves in terms of changing shape. Left back in a back 4 would be either Brophy or BOO, neither have ever impressed me in that role.

Midfield is full of central players and no wide men which means 3 in there or a diamond. Big ask for the full backs to provide width and crosses all game unless we learn how to control matches again and slow play down to give them a chance.

Personally don't think we'll ever stray from the 3-5-2 which concerns me when you see how easy it was to exploit tonight. Sure Oldham will have had a scout there tonight and his report will be as simple as 'lob it behind the wing backs and run after it'.

dogs

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 23:10:51 »

I'd put Thompson back to RB and try Furlong at LB. Brophy as an out and out winger.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: