Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 135973 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 08:49:32 »

I have a lot of mates that are Rovers fans and they are all very confident about todays game, they seem to think they are our bogey team, recent history suggests this could be the case with us winning only 2 of the last 8 meetings and we haven't beaten them in the last 3 games.

But if you take into account home games only then its not so good for them with us winning 6 and them only winning 2 in the last 10 home games vs them.

They haven't started too well this season with only 2 wins so far, only one of them in the league vs the Scum at home with 3 defeats and 1 draw so far and sit in 18th place whereas we are sat in 9th place but its still very early.

Apparently they played quite well at Chelsea on Tuesday and kept the ball on the deck, that could suit us today rather than high balls played into the channels to fast strikers which seem to hurt us.

I think it will be a 1-1 draw today with Norris notching his first for us and Taylor for them with 9,905 there with 1,965 sags fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 08:56:08 »

Be close, but 2-1 to us. Get the appetiser out of the way, ready for the man course.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 09:20:32 »

The 4-0 home drubbing will, sadly, always be the first result that comes to mind when I think of matches against Rovers.

The other memory is Cibocchi's inability to take a throw in.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 09:23:27 »

No doubt they'll be singing that Plymouth song.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 09:27:43 »

very close game, 2-1 Swindon.
For some reason a lot of their fans share a viewpoint that they are a big club, and given that a large part of their fanbase comes from the slum parts of Bristol, I do find it strange that they say often that Swindon is a dump. Irony is clearly something not comprehended.
From my experiences of Rovers, their away following is impressive when compared to home attendances (I bet their away attendances are larger than Town's this season), and this will make them look like one of the bigger clubs in this division this season. Brizzle may well have slummier slums that Swindon but compared with the city in general, Swindon is more than just a bit crap. All totally meaningless when it comes to supporting your home-town team though.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 09:31:15 »

The 4-0 home drubbing will, sadly, always be the first result that comes to mind when I think of matches against Rovers.

The other memory is Cibocchi's inability to take a throw in.
My fave is Zaaboub's monster appearance as a sub in 2007! Hopefully the same result today.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 09:32:37 »

I love living in Bristol and would never in a million years live in Swindon. However I hate both Bristol teams with a passion on par with Oxford. This all means we will sneak a 1-0 win and the clean sheets continue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 09:35:48 »

And by the way, hope it rains heavily for a couple of hours from 1.30 onwards.

Just heard the first strains of Irene from the comforts of The Savoy.  Angry

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 09:37:02 »

Swindon's a great place to live, great outdoor spaces, a proper football ground, the lakes and Cotswold on the doorstep. Just coz the town centre is a bit shit the whole town gets slated. Bristol has some nice parts, but it has plenty of awfulness.
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 09:39:21 »

When people ask me what Swindon's like, I have nothing to tell them. I think that sums up the town perfectly.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 09:49:05 »

When people ask me what Swindon's like, I have nothing to tell them. I think that sums up the town perfectly.

I'm sure a mention re spiritual home of the NHS and UK's first public lending library will trigger a wave of Thai tourism.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 09:58:23 »

Get Mrs FH to get the stew on....we need to win this one to deter the gloating Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 10:05:06 »

Hadn't though of getting a stew on.

Although I do have some Pad Thai coming to be washed down with Thai iced tea, that should do it.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 10:38:08 »

1 1 Norris. 9879 2675 of which from Brizzle

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 10:57:38 »

Goodness me I hope we win this one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: