Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28299 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 23:34:12 »

Haven't seen us yet...still on holiday.

Will never damn posts from those that went.

Delighted with the results so far....shot me right up the arse as I expected maybe three points on the board by the time we played Rovers.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Clems Army!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 23:45:26 »

Rovers play Chelsea on Tuesday, hopefully that'll soften them up for us!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 08:02:39 »

Tbh I am intrigued by this man in DRS block 6. What was he doing?
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 17:17:53 »

He was bellowing what sounded to be very random stuff at the team.  I heard him shout something about William the Conqueror and 1066 and, not long afterwards, singing extracts of Sham 69's Hersham Boys.  He was quite annoying and I think someone must have had a word because he shut up towards the end of the first half.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 18:16:53 »

Rovers play Chelsea on Tuesday, hopefully that'll soften them up for us!

Isn't it shitty who's got Chelsea?
REDBUCK

« Reply #125 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 18:31:30 »

No they are losing to Scunthorpe
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 20:02:21 »

He was bellowing what sounded to be very random stuff at the team.  I heard him shout something about William the Conqueror and 1066 and, not long afterwards, singing extracts of Sham 69's Hersham Boys.  He was quite annoying and I think someone must have had a word because he shut up towards the end of the first half.

Hmm I wasn't there but as soon as I read this I immediately thought of a London Red who doesn't live that far from Hersham Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 21:16:33 »

Hmm I wasn't there but as soon as I read this I immediately thought of a London Red who doesn't live that far from Hersham Smiley

Does he wear laced up boots?

Clems Army!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 22:18:08 »

yes.............and corduroys
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 22:22:20 »

Block 6 guy situation was odd. Quite near the front of the block so those further back didn't have to endure it. Spent the entire first half barking his head off about 1066, Jose Mourinho and pulling the trigger for 4-0. Come back up for second half with some tissue paper for impromptu ear plugs, but the bloke doesn't make a noise at all. Bizarre. Looked as if he had glasses on the first half and took them off for the second. Glasses hold the ramble power.

Poor game, good to win without playing particularly well. Liked Jones' blocking, Norris with decent feet.

Hats off to Stewart for one of the funniest home debuts I've seen. First touch a hospital back-heel, shanked a shot well wide, ball pumped up to him with a 6+ foot defender for company, generally ran about as if he'd never been on a pitch before in his life, didn't understand the concept of the 10 yard rule for defending free kicks and got a smack in the face from the ball coming off a defenders' heel for good measure. Poor lad. I'm sure it'll only get better from him after that.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 06:23:09 »

Kasim my motm today.
like the look of the new guy, fuck anyone who cheers like they did re: Rodgers. Fucking pathetic.
Vigs obviously needs to work on his kicks but he's a fantastic goalkeeper.

Hope brophy's alright.
Totally agree about Rodgers. Terrible.

Sent from my SM-G935F
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 08:05:41 »

Less than 6000 home fans. When was the last time we had such a low league attendance?

The last time we had fewer than 6000 home fans was Feb 2009 v Monkey Hangers.  We've come close a number of times, and gates of 6000 odd are not unusual....but mostly for midweek fixtures, and mostly for games v the less "glamorous" opponents like Burslem.

It's about 1000 down on the corresponding August fixture last year....and anecdotally a significant drop was expected after the clusterfuck of pre-season, following the often farcical home form of last season.

Too early to say if it's a trend, but one suspects it will need some decent form to get the gates back up.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 08:09:31 »

I enjoyed the game - especially as we won - perhaps the impending weather that never arrived contributed but probably the fact that most of Swindon seems to be holiday more likely a factor.

I used to be Fatbury
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 08:46:22 »

Aren't season ticket holders counted in attendance figures regardless of whether they turn up or not.
If so, then this could be a recurring theme this season if the casual support doesn't turn up in numbers.

Good gates for certain games may keep the average attendance in line with last season and should increase if we are challenging come March / April time.

A good FA cup run would help.
New players should be given some kind of induction involving club history to take on board that, believe it or not, we do have a rich cup fighting tradition.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:00:09 »

Aren't season ticket holders counted in attendance figures regardless of whether they turn up or not.
If so, then this could be a recurring theme this season if the casual support doesn't turn up in numbers.

Good gates for certain games may keep the average attendance in line with last season and should increase if we are challenging come March / April time.

A good FA cup run would help.
New players should be given some kind of induction involving club history to take on board that, believe it or not, we do have a rich cup fighting tradition.

There are 2 attendances.....the club's always include ST's whether there or not, the Council/Police, get an actual bums on seats figure.

The FA Cup tradition is very much a thing of the past....in its own way a reflection of how the Cup had become devalued in recent years.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: