Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23853 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 10:58:13 »

From the little everyone has seen of Stewart the consensus seems to be that he should be in the team... So why isn't he? Is it a case of a a player who is considered better when he's on the bench or is there something else at play? Maybe he's shit in training and the club don't want to give him a a chance if he hasn't shown he deserves it in training?

All a bit mysterious

I think his value as an impact player is strong... That's my guess.
Panda Paws

« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 11:20:34 »

From the little everyone has seen of Stewart the consensus seems to be that he should be in the team... So why isn't he? Is it a case of a a player who is considered better when he's on the bench or is there something else at play? Maybe he's shit in training and the club don't want to give him a a chance if he hasn't shown he deserves it in training?

All a bit mysterious

No one has seen enough of him to think he should be starting week in week out. He looked completely average in his cameos last year, but has started this season very well after his first proper preseason. In my mind he's behind Goddard for the 10, but pushing hard and is an excellent option off the bench, which is great progress.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 12:01:10 »

Just watched the highlights. Thought it looked like a straight forward red card for last man until I remembered the new laws. Great point and good to see that we have some fight in the team, will hopefully stand us in good stead for Poxford and rovers
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:00:14 »

Great point last night, pleasantly suprised to see the back line hold solid and a change to counter-attacking work, after trying to play through Chesterfield on Saturday, which didn't work......on Stewart, wonder if mgt will give him his place in the starting line up in a home game, maybe (and understandbly) still wrapping him in cotton wool a bit after last season. Thought there were glimpses of him combining well with Iandolo when the latter came on, words I thought I'd never write. Worth a try playing off the shoulder of Obika / Norris when they come back? Anyhow great save from Vigs at point blank range probably earned the point ultimately. Doughty MoM but Nathan T great game as well. Onwards and upwards.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:11:36 »

No one has seen enough of him to think he should be starting week in week out. He looked completely average in his cameos last year, but has started this season very well after his first proper preseason. In my mind he's behind Goddard for the 10, but pushing hard and is an excellent option off the bench, which is great progress.
Which cameos did you see him in last year? I thought he only played once - away to Millwall and he, by all accounts, did quite well. The only other games he played were when on loan.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:49:00 »

Pikey goal was a sweet one.

Nice unexpected result.

Starting to look forward to Rovers now.

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 14:59:38 »

Which cameos did you see him in last year? I thought he only played once - away to Millwall and he, by all accounts, did quite well. The only other games he played were when on loan.

Said cameo at Millwall. It wasn't hard to do quite well off the bench that game.

My point is that we haven't seen enough for him to be a started, but he's showing a lot of promise at this early stage.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 10:00:27 »

Pikey goal was a sweet one.

Nice unexpected result.

Starting to look forward to Rovers now.
only because of the piss up afterwards  !!!! Pint

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 11:35:25 »

only because of the piss up afterwards  !!!! Pint

Oh oh oh Mr 91 posts giving it the biggin!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: