Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chesterfield v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22863 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 17:19:42 »

Would take your mind off the score as well.

for 30 seconds..

er I mean minutes..
Grin

Sent from my SM-G935F
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 17:23:19 »

No need to hit the panic button yet, one win and one defeat? Exactly mid table as it stands, plenty of teams made worse starts.

The alarm bell sounds before the panic button is pressed, we're not there yet.  Priestfield graveyard on Tuesday, they look to have recruited well over the summer and had a good start. Last year we got a battling point, at about the time their challenge started to peter out.  Something similar on Tuesday would be very welcome and highly unlikely....Williams will be hoping to see a reaction, I'll be hoping to avoid a humiliation.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 17:39:30 »

From the Chesterfield forum:

"I do think a better opposition would have caused us a lot more problems. [Edit: No shit  ]  Maybe I'm still comparing to Morsy & Ryan but we seem to allow the opposition far too much space in midfield.

Swindon actually knocked it about really well in stages but I'd be going away very worried if I was a Swindon fan. Thought they were terrible. Remind me of Crewe. Can play good football but do absolutely nothing with it. "

Sounds familiar...

woolster

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 17:44:35 »

From the Chesterfield forum:

"I do think a better opposition would have caused us a lot more problems. [Edit: No shit  ]  Maybe I'm still comparing to Morsy & Ryan but we seem to allow the opposition far too much space in midfield.

Swindon actually knocked it about really well in stages but I'd be going away very worried if I was a Swindon fan. Thought they were terrible. Remind me of Crewe. Can play good football but do absolutely nothing with it. "

Sounds familiar...
we have been found out

Jawdrop
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 17:57:59 »

We are the new Crewe!

Three points on the board so far is more than I thought.

Hopefully grind out a few more to keep us safe.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 18:12:57 »

couple of tricky games coming up with the pikeys and gas. I reckon 3 points from next 3 games..

as ever, end of September is when the alarm bells will start to sound if things don't pick up. I think they will though.... if injuries heel
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 18:17:37 »

I love how 1 win and 1 loss means some people panic and go stupidly negative..

Somethings never change, I guess.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 18:37:03 »

We were fucked as soon as Norris went off, just our luck to have both him and Obika out at the same time. 

Bad day at the office made even worse by the morons in the crowd.  Guy in front of me exclaiming that Thomas was only in defense to accommodate Rodgers in midfield, completely, and rather conveniently, ignoring the fact we had nobody else to play there.  Then laughing at Rodgers all game with his group of lads who were all 30 years his junior, any mistake ironically cheered, of course if Kasim made any errors it didn't matter.

People lamenting our keeping possession and not 'getting if forward' completely missing the point we had no focal point leading the line then jeering when we do play it slightly more direct when that doesn't work.

People making their minds up that we're shit.

I wonder how different people would see 2 draws and 2 points rather than 1 win, 1 loss and 3 points.

I really do wonder what motivates some people to go.  If you don't like how we're doing things frankly I'd rather you didn't go to be honest.  Sick of people complaining about things, we're all fully aware of what to expect so you either get on with it and accept it for what it is or you go somewhere else.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 18:39:46 »

We'll be fine when the window shuts.
Flashheart

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 18:44:48 »

We may have been fine today had Norris not gone off, we sounded lively up until then. (Although so did Chesterfield). Of course we will never know how we would have done, but I doubt anybody would expect us to be at all potent with Hylton as our only striker. Even Ajose would have struggled in that role.

We have 2 big guys at the club now, 3 if Delfuonse (sp?). Just our luck that we had none available for most of the match.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 18:45:22 »

We were fucked as soon as Norris went off, just our luck to have both him and Obika out at the same time. 

Bad day at the office made even worse by the morons in the crowd.  Guy in front of me exclaiming that Thomas was only in defense to accommodate Rodgers in midfield, completely, and rather conveniently, ignoring the fact we had nobody else to play there.  Then laughing at Rodgers all game with his group of lads who were all 30 years his junior, any mistake ironically cheered, of course if Kasim made any errors it didn't matter.

People lamenting our keeping possession and not 'getting if forward' completely missing the point we had no focal point leading the line then jeering when we do play it slightly more direct when that doesn't work.

People making their minds up that we're shit.

I wonder how different people would see 2 draws and 2 points rather than 1 win, 1 loss and 3 points.

I really do wonder what motivates some people to go.  If you don't like how we're doing things frankly I'd rather you didn't go to be honest.  Sick of people complaining about things, we're all fully aware of what to expect so you either get on with it and accept it for what it is or you go somewhere else.

My sentiments exactly.

I think some people just want to be fucking miserable, personally.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 18:49:06 »

My sentiments exactly.

I think some people just want to be fucking miserable, personally.

Leave Reg alone he's having a great Saturday evening Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 18:49:20 »

Quote from: DarloSTFC84
I love how 1 win and 1 loss means some people panic and go stupidly negative..

Somethings never change, I guess.

no not panic, I just think the next few weeks will be tricky as things are.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 19:01:22 »

no not panic, I just think the next few weeks will be tricky as things are.

I do too... but it's not too bad a return considering we all thought we were entirely fucked.

At least we have 3 points.. every cloud  Cheesy

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 19:01:36 »

Leave Reg alone he's having a great Saturday evening Wink

Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: