Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: QPR v Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26774 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 11:48:15 »

I wonder if we'll see a bit more of Stewart now, too!
As long as he doesn't get home sick and has a good attitude, I think we'll see a lot of him. He was good last night, but he did other less obvious  things well, he was constantly harrying their backs when the ball went to them, even to the point that from throw ins he was about 10mm from their intended outlet, and was really annoying him as he couldn't move without tripping over him Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 11:51:32 »

I can't see Norris and Obika forming a partnership which makes me think Obika is on his way out.

Kasim has freed Rodgers to play higher up which has benefitted him massively as well.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 12:01:40 »

As long as he doesn't get home sick and has a good attitude, I think we'll see a lot of him. He was good last night, but he did other less obvious  things well, he was constantly harrying their backs when the ball went to them, even to the point that from throw ins he was about 10mm from their intended outlet, and was really annoying him as he couldn't move without tripping over him Smiley

I said saturday how I was watching him pre match having a fool about with the other lads in the warm up, which was great to see - we have a young team, but if you listen to interviews and even Doughty last night on comms, our squad seem to be really good mates off the pitch which is only good news for someone like Stewart who obviously had trouble settling in.

Little things like joking about pre-match and havig some fun and games with each other make a huge difference for a young squad who maybe aren't quite seasoned professionals like some of the 'elder' members of the squad. All good signs stuff is going well behind the scenes.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 12:07:22 »

I can't see Norris and Obika forming a partnership which makes me think Obika is on his way out.

Kasim has freed Rodgers to play higher up which has benefitted him massively as well.

Think you are reading too much into it. Obika can only play a few games on the bounce before he's injured. Wonder if he has a perpetual problem with something?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 13:06:23 »

Think you are reading too much into it. Obika can only play a few games on the bounce before he's injured. Wonder if he has a perpetual problem with something?

We have had a stream of players who have had a perpetual problem with football over the years?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 14:26:43 »

Got back to my hotel at 12.30 last night, after deciding walking the 2 miles back from the tube station was a good idea (It wasn't).
Thoroughly enjoyable game which showed this sides got a lot of fight in it, to go along with the at times really attractive football. Don't think anyone had a bad game and the icing on the cake for me was Stewart's performance, along with his goal and celebration.
Rodgers, unfortunately, will never win over a section of our support which is a pity as he's not as bad as they make out. I'd agree that last night was his best performance to date yet there were still people getting on his back. Gutted that his penalty was saved.

One last thing, I think Sutton is preparing for his next gainful employment a little early. No one is looking for a Santa until November mate....

It's All Good..............
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 15:18:03 »

Well I strongly suspect you'll be getting a fist in wrapping paper for xmas if I do get the job Wink
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 18:23:52 »

Its not often you come away from a cup game having lost on penalties and been very pleased with our evening's work last night.

I, of course was surprised to see Obika not in the squad but with Norris a ready made replacement was interested to see how he would do. To be honest, he had enough chances to have us out of sight, but you cannot fault his effort, desire and hold up play the 120 minutes. In all honesty, you couldn't be unhappy with anyone last night, although I was surprised to read that people thought Conor Thomas was good, I thought his touch continually let him down, although thankfully he's good  at tackling as his second touch was consistently a tackle. I thought he was better at Centre Back personally. Anton Rodgers was very good last night, his penalty well saved the only blot on his copybook. Brophy continues to shine and last word for Jordan Stewart, goal, assist and a very good penalty. Can only boost his confidence.

Overall, an entertaining game, sure QPR were probably below par, but what fight and desire shown.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 19:10:20 »

Its not often you come away from a cup game having lost on penalties and been very pleased with our evening's work last night.

Bit like the Leeds (Paul Robinson) game then.

Can't think of too many games I've been more proud of the team than that night
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 21:05:12 »

Bit like the Leeds (Paul Robinson) game then.

Can't think of too many games I've been more proud of the team than that night

Spot on. That was a brilliant evening, amazing atmosphere and we were superb that night.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Friday, August 12, 2016, 07:06:51 »

Watched the 90 minutes on the QPR site, didn't bother with extra time apart from watching Brophy's goal again.

Yep, very uplifting and encouraging. Many positives to come out of it, most of which have been highlighted. My personal favourite would be Jordan Stewart appearing to be getting back to the form of his Youtube 'highlight reel'. He's had a rough few months but his confidence has clearly not been affected looking at that strike and all round performance. Superb stuff.

Lots of reasons to be feeling good about STFC right now, which is all you can ask for really.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, August 12, 2016, 09:45:29 »

Amazing what a few games can do
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Thursday, August 25, 2016, 18:17:09 »

Stumbled across this video on Youtube today. Great footage of Brophy's goal from the QPR end, most of the penalties and of course of the Swindon fans celebrating! Which I always find very comforting to watch!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Thursday, August 25, 2016, 19:13:14 »

Cheers. I'd forgotten about the Stephen Merchant pitch invasion at the end.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: