Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power siphoning off funds  (Read 76785 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 10:22:11 »

Still got my house in Kerry, not far from Tralee. Helluva hike to Waterford though.

It's great down by the harbour when all the tall ships are in. Hello sailor!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 10:24:17 »

Still got my house in Kerry, not far from Tralee. Helluva hike to Waterford though.

It's great down by the harbour when all the tall ships are in. Hello sailor!

I'm sure I cycled it in a day.  Long time ago now mind, so memory could be playing tricks.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 10:26:41 »

It's about a 3 hour drive, Reg.  I used to race my dogs occasionally at Cork which was the best part of 2 hours from Tralee and Waterford is another hour from there. It's an hour closer from Killarney, mind.

Sure you were cycling?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 10:34:47 »

It's about a 3 hour drive, Reg.  I used to race my dogs occasionally at Cork which was the best part of 2 hours from Tralee and Waterford is another hour from there. It's an hour closer from Killarney, mind.

Sure you were cycling?

Yep. The pain and associated  Pint may have dulled my memory, so an doing it in 2 days rather than one is entirely possible.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 11:34:52 »

Sure you were cycling?

That's probably because the roads are so bad in Ireland. If you are stuck behind a lorry/horsebox you are stuffed! There are only about 4 dual carriageways in the whole of the place!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 12:14:49 »

Owning Waterford United... could... could be financially more beneficial to Power than Swindon.

The fact that Dundalk, who 5 years ago, were very close to closing down, have earned 7 million (and counting) in Uefa prize money this season (currently second in their Europa League group) suggests this venture could provide a quicker return with a smaller investment.

Waterford's fan base has dwindled, but is is a big sporting area, dominated by GAA, their county hurling team is in the top four in the country.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 13:32:59 »

Thanks for that. Clearly thinks he can do something there although saying he'd been looking for a club in ireland for a while undermines the emotional side of the story a bit.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 13:50:28 »

Thanks for that. Clearly thinks he can do something there although saying he'd been looking for a club in ireland for a while undermines the emotional side of the story a bit.

Once again it seems to be a club with few assets, explains why they can be picked up cheap but again lessons the opportunity for asset stripping? (apparently!)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 15:42:21 »

Power now linked to a club in Montenegro.

This'll be the shittest pre-season competition ever. 

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 16:14:05 »

Wouldn't mind a few Balkan players here. Technically very skilful, with a nasty streak. We'll be like Watford soon - stuffed full of players from the other clubs in the portfolio.

Power definitely has a plan - it just depends if we will be the beneficiary or not.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 16:24:35 »

Wouldn't mind a few Balkan players here. Technically very skilful, with a nasty streak. We'll be like Watford soon - stuffed full of players from the other clubs in the portfolio.

Power definitely has a plan - it just depends if we will be the beneficiary or not.

We've never had any Balkan players, as far as I can remember but yes.  The women are tidy too, but like the footballers a bit crazy, as well as technically very good, with a nasty streak. Fit also.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 16:53:25 »

I don't know what to make of him being interested in another club but the Pozzo family seem to do quite well running a couple of teams...... but it's all down to the management team who you have around you and it seems Waterford have the right team there (just no money) and we have a decent management team (Steve Anderson etc) so his input into the club will be minimal now Sherwood has taken over as director of football.

I can see the benefits of an owner having a few interests but only time will tell if any money spent on them clubs could have been better spent here, but from reports the 2 new clubs aren't going to be needing a lot of funds.

January will be the tell tale sign, will there be funds available for Sherwood to make some changes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 08:41:23 »

I don't know what to make of him being interested in another club but the Pozzo family seem to do quite well running a couple of teams
Apart from the fraudulent financial documents bit ....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 08:46:03 »

Apart from the fraudulent financial documents bit ....

To be fair they did quite well out of that.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #359 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 08:55:16 »

Power now linked to a club in Montenegro.

This'll be the shittest pre-season competition ever.  
up there with the Ibiza cup, still glad we took that trophy!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: