Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power siphoning off funds  (Read 77566 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 11:24:23 »

I have seen your posts on the FB page..  Word of advice, don't bother.  If you have any other opinion other than Power out, Power is a crook, Power is bleeding the club dry then you will just be told to fuck off and play with your playstation..

They don't seem to get the fact that at this present time, Power out means the end of STFC, unless there is a rich investor that we are unaware of..

As much as I don't trust Power one bit, they are too dense to realise what they are actually asking for...  which is STFC probably into administration and then liquidation..

Yeah but at least by their twisted logic they could say 'I told you so'!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:01:24 »

If power walked out it wouldn't mean the end. When was the time a league club ceased to be?
someone else would just take over. Worst case scenario is building again from scratch. Would that be such a disaster?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:02:55 »

If power walked out it wouldn't mean the end. When was the time a league club ceased to be?
someone else would just take over. Worst case scenario is building again from scratch. Would that be such a disaster?

Would defeat the object though wouldn't it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:08:46 »

Worst case scenario is building again from scratch. Would that be such a disaster?

Yup, for me anyway. Not interested in years of non-league Wimbledon style recovery under those circumstances. may as well pop off to Supermarine.
Flashheart

« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:12:05 »

What would starting from scratch actually achieve?

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:18:02 »

Would defeat the object though wouldn't it.

I don't think it will happen. Just the worst thing that could.

Yup, for me anyway. Not interested in years of non-league Wimbledon style recovery under those circumstances. may as well pop off to Supermarine.

I dont think you have to worry about that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:18:05 »

There's been a few like Scarborough, Rushden and Diamonds, Darlington, who've effectively disappeared. They then reform at a suitable non league level. Locally both Trowbridge Town and Salisbury have got up to Conference level, to crash and burn.

I'm not sure the will exists any longer amongst the fan base....it's the logical product of the complete erosion of the historic bond between fans and club.

Given that Supermarine are a viable option, it may make more sense for those with a passion for starting again down the pyramid....to put their time and effort in to them.
Panda Paws

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:26:14 »

Given that Supermarine are a viable option, it may make more sense for those with a passion for starting again down the pyramid....to put their time and effort in to them.

Yeah but then they wouldn't have got their Swindon back....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:27:07 »

What would starting from scratch actually achieve?

Means we could have these circular arguments about different people that the fan base can confirm without doubt are fleecing our club and supporters??

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:28:39 »

There's been a few like Scarborough, Rushden and Diamonds, Darlington, who've effectively disappeared. They then reform at a suitable non league level. Locally both Trowbridge Town and Salisbury have got up to Conference level, to crash and burn.

I'm not sure the will exists any longer amongst the fan base....it's the logical product of the complete erosion of the historic bond between fans and club.

Not if they're Swindon town supporters it isn't.
The club would rebuild with a healthy fan base for sure. We'd lose some,but likewise would get others back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 14:06:42 »

Not if they're Swindon town supporters it isn't.
The club would rebuild with a healthy fan base for sure. We'd lose some,but likewise would get others back.

I know you don't go any longer Arriba, and haven't for a while, think you might be shocked at the level of disconnect if you did.

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 14:22:51 »

I know you don't go any longer Arriba, and haven't for a while, think you might be shocked at the level of disconnect if you did.
Yeah, ive not been to a game this season and cant see that changing. I cant blame Power or Williams for it either.
I hear how shit it is though. I can see from the highlights( cough) how awful the side is and the clear frailties.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 14:30:44 »

Yeah, ive not been to a game this season and cant see that changing. I cant blame Power or Williams for it either.
I hear how shit it is though. I can see from the highlights( cough) how awful the side is and the clear frailties.

That's part of the disconnect. Everyone can see what needs improving on the pitch but fuck all is done. First you get angry, then you shake your head, then you shrug your shoulders, then you walk away. I'm still shrugging my shoulders but it's fucking tough sitting through the total predictable turgid boring shit when we attack let alone the total fuck ups and lack of anything resembling organisation or giving a fuck when we laughably try and keep the ball out of net
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 14:41:23 »

I have seen your posts on the FB page..  Word of advice, don't bother.  If you have any other opinion other than Power out, Power is a crook, Power is bleeding the club dry then you will just be told to fuck off and play with your playstation..

They don't seem to get the fact that at this present time, Power out means the end of STFC, unless there is a rich investor that we are unaware of..

As much as I don't trust Power one bit, they are too dense to realise what they are actually asking for...  which is STFC probably into administration and then liquidation..

Yep, you can't have any opinion except that Power is a crook even when there is NO evidence he has done anything wrong and if he was that bad, an ex-employee would have come forward over the years and ratted him out to companies house so he can't be a director of a company.

I prefer to give someone the benefit of the doubt, the UK law system is innocent until proven guilty but I can see their views as his history isn't great when you look at it, but when you look at it in more detail, it all adds up / is clearer.

Hey ho, it's all fun banter most of the time Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 14:41:34 »

That's part of the disconnect. Everyone can see what needs improving on the pitch but fuck all is done. First you get angry, then you shake your head, then you shrug your shoulders, then you walk away. I'm still shrugging my shoulders but it's fucking tough sitting through the total predictable turgid boring shit when we attack let alone the total fuck ups and lack of anything resembling organisation or giving a fuck when we laughably try and keep the ball out of net

Won't change until the owner does. Even then people wouldnt be happy for one reason or another.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: