Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power siphoning off funds  (Read 77550 times)
magicroundaboutred

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:19:18 »

Is it libellous to see published accounts as to what debt we have, i think not.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:22:12 by magicroundaboutred » Logged
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:30:09 »

No but you can't accuse people of theft with no proof, which is essentially what most of these accusations are.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
magicroundaboutred

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:36:28 »

No one is disputing he saved the club, people just want more transparency.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:44:11 »

If Power wants to pocket every penny that comes into the club he can - it's not theft.

It's called being a cunt, a  chancer, a loathsome spotted reptile. When a club is shit on the pitch it's usually the manager who gets the grief.

But because Power is so closely involved with recruitment and how we play he gets grief as well.

It's what fans do - no matter what club it is.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:50:50 »

What people want is to see something decent on the pitch....at the moment we're subjected to too many performances which would be barely acceptable at non league level.  Now we know we've had injuries, but it wasn't a whole lot better before they happened.

Power as hands on owner is always going to get it in the neck, as he's seen as responsible for the playing product.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 21:16:06 »

Yep none of them will phone in when Power is on either. You'd think they'd be clamouring to ask him direct. But no, they randomly ask people on forums.
I have tried to ask a couple of questions on phone-ins, but when asked what I wanted to say they tell me they have run out of time to ask questions!!  Censorship - or Hodgetts scared of his own shadow again!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 21:21:26 »

I have tried to ask a couple of questions on phone-ins, but when asked what I wanted to say they tell me they have run out of time to ask questions!!  Censorship - or Hodgetts scared of his own shadow again!

I think to be fair he said he's fed up with answering the same question time and time again, a bit like me being grouchy when new posters keep asking the same things over and over again. But he will get them again and again. Maybe he needs to bury the hatchet with the press, put out his statement for all to see, and that's that. Unfortunately as we know there is a fly in the ointment with that solution, so until something changes it's going to be a continual loop.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 21:45:11 »

He's openly admitted that he's only here to make money out of our club.

How is that in any way acceptable to one single Swindon Town fan?

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 21:50:53 »

How is that in any way acceptable to one single Swindon Town fan?

Is that a serious question?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 21:52:12 »

Would you buy a local village pub and invest into it with no desire to make any money?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 22:01:57 »

I read the Waterford story as one for football reasons.

Either he has had enough at Swindon and is looking for an out. If so he is going to be looking for a buyer to cover the £2m owing to Black and any outstanding loans LP has put in. About £4m from the phone ins but they may have been repaid from the Luongo, Gladwin and Byrne deals. A novel idea for football clubs to repay loans from owners!.

Or LP sees Waterford to complement his Swindon Project. Maybe he will ship a few of our kids to have a season or two in Irish football to get experience in competitive football but in an environment where he has control over where they play rather than random loan deals. He may also look to move any Irish talent in the opposite direction and get them playing in the Football League and sell on for a decent fee. Could see Seamus Brady involved along the way.

Personally, I think Power is a ultimately a football man but as with a lot of people in football there is ego involved. He doesn't see why he should be transparent, thinks his recruitment and style is the way to go and doesn't believe in PR if you get the product on the pitch right.

It's gone awry this season and needs to be sorted out by the transfer window. I will be lively when he comes asking for season ticket money in the spring.

Sent from my HTC One M9
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 22:07:15 »

Corrupt FIFA officials - Only involved with football to make money : Scum, no ethics, getting away with it, hate them, got to make changes for the good of the game, come on people..

Player agents - Only involved with football to make money : Got to stop this, ruining lower league clubs, nasty people, leeches, don't care about the game, something has to be done..

Sky Sports - Only involved with football to make money : Ruining our game, don't care about the fans as long as they make money, evil corporate selfish wankers, got to make a stand for the good of the game..

Lee Power - Only involved with football to make money : No worries, I'm fine with that. It's like buying a pub, yeah?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 22:12:09 »

You know very well what I mean, no matter who owns a pub it really belongs to the village and people love it and support it, much like a football club.  Nobody begrudges a pub owner making money.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 22:17:04 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 22:17:27 »

I don't think many would begrudge Power making money. So long as it's not an abuse of his position (in that he's being fair and competitive with his loans).
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 22:21:58 »

No I don't know very well what you mean.

This is football. It's our football club. Not a fucking village pub.

Lee Power has no links to Swindon whatsoever. He does not care about the club. He doesn't care about the fans (other than lamenting the fact that since he appointed a giant fucking baby as manager there aren't enough of us, which effects his income) He doesn't care about the community. He doesn't care about the local paper that has served the club for 100 years. He doesn't care about the ground. He doesn't care about our history. He doesn't care about beating our rivals. He doesn't care about us arguing with our own fans about all of this shit. He doesn't care about fucking anything to do with this club other than the cash.

He dangled the sustainability carrot because he knew we'd all buy it. It's utter fucking bollocks.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 22:59:05 by random_five » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: