Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power siphoning off funds  (Read 77519 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 19:02:03 »

He saved the club, and cleared the debt.
Hold on a minute, he put money in and paid off creditors (good), but that doesn't mean the club is debt free.
magicroundaboutred

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 19:05:25 »

You say Power has cleared debt, have you proof of that.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 19:11:46 »

Its one of the things you can never prove one way or another. He could have lent us £3M,at 25% and is paying only the interest back, nice earner. He could easily not have. Which I guess comes to the point of speculation and accusations being pointless.
---
With regards to your first point, I thought we were at break even at 2014. I guess revenues may have fallen now, but that's what he said in 2014. That being the case its not surprising people are a little surprised at the perceived cost reductions.

http://totalswindonsport.com/2014/11/latest-news-246/

But as you point out, we have invested so it may very well just be a perceived cost reduction. Though personally  I find it hard to believe we've paid anywhere near £150K for Norris and £400K for Vigs as a flat fee, more likely appearance/performance clauses will take it up to that. Just an opinion like.
If we signed Norris with a performance clause, perhaps Gillingham owe us money!

As regards Power, my personal gripe is that his stewardship has eroded my interest in my club. I used to be an avid home/away fan - now I can hardly be arsed to go to home games. Maybe it's an age thing.

Strangely, what would rekindle my passion is if we did go tits up and had to start over.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 19:25:11 »

Hold on a minute, he put money in and paid off creditors (good), but that doesn't mean the club is debt free.

Ok. He put a lot of money in when we were in dire circumstances.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 19:27:21 »

Strangely, what would rekindle my passion is if we did go tits up and had to start over.

I'm not sure that we would, much of our fanbase seems too passive to get off their arses to start a new club
corner

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 19:41:15 »

I'm not sure that we would, much of our fanbase seems too passive to get off their arses to start a new club
Yes, I feel most of the population of swindon has the can't be bothered not my problem can't aff it attitude
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 19:42:36 »

The dwindling figures on here show that stfc is the least of most interests. A lot have lost the passion way before power took over.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 19:50:33 »

You say Power has cleared debt, have you proof of that.

You got proof he hasn't? All i can say is we haven't been dragged into court, turned up on TV, or multiple stories across the web every other week for at least 18 months. That hasn't happened for 15 years bar Blacks dalliance, so someone has sorted stuff out. Wonder who that could be?
magicroundaboutred

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 19:57:17 »

Then show us the accounts.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:00:13 »

Then show us the accounts.

I can't i don't have them. Do you? Maybe you have, if you are that confident. I look forward to you posting them.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:01:18 »

Ironically I don't recall many clamouring to see the accounts when Black was here.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:02:43 »

Ironically I don't recall many clamouring to see the accounts when Black was here.

Yep none of them will phone in when Power is on either. You'd think they'd be clamouring to ask him direct. But no, they randomly ask people on forums.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #57 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:06:25 »

The problem is nor did black for quite a while
magicroundaboutred

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:06:42 »

It a 2 way argument in  which neither of us can prove without accounts.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:15:07 »

It a 2 way argument in  which neither of us can prove without accounts.

I don't see why there should be a burden of proof on something NOT happening. Particularly when said event is libellous.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: