Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power siphoning off funds  (Read 77534 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 16:10:09 »

Problem is Power does not even have to file full accounts so we don't know.

Biggest issue is with transparency- there is no one else involved on the board to hold him to any sort of account- he has openly said that he is not interested in any other sort of outside investment coming in- if someone was out there then why is this?

You only have to look at his past business dealings to know his track record.

Someone needs to scrutinise pur financial position properly using our gate and other revenue against projected outgoings. If we are breaking even as stated then this would go for us in any sale.

Would hope the trust are into this-10 years ago they would've been all over it
It was Fitton and co who put us in the position of not needing the full accounts by the way, they did a share issue that basically elimated people's shareholding of the club.
Your full of all the moaning and accusations so why don't you do the work and go to the effort yourself? That's the problem with the majority of people making the accusations, you all moan and say stuff on social media but leave it to others to actually do the work! If things are as obvious as you make out you should have no problem gathering information.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 16:24:17 »

It was Fitton and co who put us in the position of not needing the full accounts by the way, they did a share issue that basically elimated people's shareholding of the club.
Your full of all the moaning and accusations so why don't you do the work and go to the effort yourself? That's the problem with the majority of people making the accusations, you all moan and say stuff on social media but leave it to others to actually do the work! If things are as obvious as you make out you should have no problem gathering information.

You're right that Power is just the end of the line, which started in the 80's, whereby the club has increasingly distanced itself from the fan base.  He's just finished the job.  We now have the situation whereby most of the players are effectively playing for themselves, their agents and the owner, rather than the fans of the club. 

You could argue that it was ever thus, players are just mercenaries, owners just in it for themselves, agents....parasites. 

But it's a bit like the old Rantner admission that his jewellery shops sold cheap tat, once the cat is out of the bag your business is fucked.

I think many Town fans now realise that what they watch as something that is meant to represent their pride and passion in the club and its history.....just isn't. 

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 16:25:20 »

Not sure how you'd go about investigating the clubs finances in the current circumstances to be honest. Its a bit of a worry about who is owed what and under what terms. Or it would be if he left anyway.

The truth will out eventually, good or bad. Always does.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 16:33:49 »

Not sure how you'd go about investigating the clubs finances in the current circumstances to be honest. Its a bit of a worry about who is owed what and under what terms. Or it would be if he left anyway.

The truth will out eventually, good or bad. Always does.
I'm just tired of the same old shit and accusations being made by the same people with no evidence to back it up. They post what they are accusing as 'fact' so where's the evidence to back it up?

We've had 2 or 3 years of these accusations now but nothing has come to light that has even remotely supported the claims. If you think something really is shady then get off your arse and do something, instead they all expect others to do something such as the Trust and moan about them when they don't. It was the same under Diamandis, it was a lot more clear cut then with lots of people moaning but the majority did nothing and didn't even join protests. Apathy reigns supreme at Town!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 16:56:37 »

I'm just tired of the same old shit and accusations being made by the same people with no evidence to back it up. They post what they are accusing as 'fact' so where's the evidence to back it up?

We've had 2 or 3 years of these accusations now but nothing has come to light that has even remotely supported the claims. If you think something really is shady then get off your arse and do something, instead they all expect others to do something such as the Trust and moan about them when they don't. It was the same under Diamandis, it was a lot more clear cut then with lots of people moaning but the majority did nothing and didn't even join protests. Apathy reigns supreme at Town!
Good post!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 17:01:46 »

Exactly This is why i get angsty with these one line posters who spout the same old shit. Yeah I know it's not rosy, but boy have we some fuck witted fans/posters/trolls, who can't see past their own usually ill founded accusations. I'd cut their fingers off so they couldn't type tbh. Be worth a few months picking up soap bars.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 17:30:00 »

Exactly This is why i get angsty with these one line posters who spout the same old shit. Yeah I know it's not rosy, but boy have we some fuck witted fans/posters/trolls, who can't see past their own usually ill founded accusations. I'd cut their fingers off so they couldn't type tbh. Be worth a few months picking up soap bars.
Twitter is full of Middle aged keyboard warriors, it's really starting to piss me off, as you said we all know things arnt great atm, but please show me a better option, I want power to prove the doubters wrong!!!
 coyr stfc

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 17:34:05 »

Twitter is full of Middle aged keyboard warriors, it's really starting to piss me off, as you said we all know things arnt great atm, but please show me a better option, I want power to prove the doubters wrong!!!
 coyr stfc

And then to top it off their only comeback is to label you a 'happy clapper' the moment you ask for any evidence.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 17:47:44 »

Anything at the moment is very difficult to prove anyway due to the lack of transparency. When was the last time an AGM was held or anything scrutinised? The only person who's has really challenged him was Craig on the last Power hour in April- he has not done one since.

Like him or not Power has done himself no favours whatsoever with the fan base, media the list goes on. The whole fiasco with the Rovers game summed up his PR skills.

If he does end up taking on another club serious questions must be asked- he should focus on us first and sorting out the current mess.

What will it take for you lot to wake up.

Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 18:02:04 »

This kind of comment sums a lot of it up.

How the flying fuck do get such an attitude when you even admit yourself you can't provide evidence for your ramblings? Not much of a thinker, are you Bart?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 18:31:02 »

1) reasoned argument
2) Some facts to back up your assertions
FWIW, I share some of your misgivings and am quite wary of Power, but stuff like this isn't going to win anyone over is it?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 18:41:16 »

Apart from the ramblings of a lost soul, Williams made a comment yesterday after the game about the budget when he joined the club by saying it was that of a team in the middle of the championship.

Assuming that was correct it's hardly surprising that we are weaker (squad wise) now than we were then.

I keep hearing that Power is taking money out of the club, followed by the complaints that we wasted money on Norris (which to be fair looks true at the moment). Add to that the fact that we bought Vigs and Goddard as well as signing Sendles-White, Murray & Delefounso.

Have to say I'm wary of Power's motives but there doesn't appear to be anything that suggests he's getting rich from owning the club
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 18:52:50 »

Anything at the moment is very difficult to prove anyway due to the lack of transparency. When was the last time an AGM was held or anything scrutinised? The only person who's has really challenged him was Craig on the last Power hour in April- he has not done one since.

Like him or not Power has done himself no favours whatsoever with the fan base, media the list goes on. The whole fiasco with the Rovers game summed up his PR skills.

If he does end up taking on another club serious questions must be asked- he should focus on us first and sorting out the current mess.

Any evidence of what you are saying? No? Same old same old. When you've got off your arse and found some evidence I might listen to you.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 18:59:55 »

Have to say I'm wary of Power's motives but there doesn't appear to be anything that suggests he's getting rich from owning the club

Its one of the things you can never prove one way or another. He could have lent us £3M,at 25% and is paying only the interest back, nice earner. He could easily not have. Which I guess comes to the point of speculation and accusations being pointless.
---
With regards to your first point, I thought we were at break even at 2014. I guess revenues may have fallen now, but that's what he said in 2014. That being the case its not surprising people are a little surprised at the perceived cost reductions.

http://totalswindonsport.com/2014/11/latest-news-246/

But as you point out, we have invested so it may very well just be a perceived cost reduction. Though personally  I find it hard to believe we've paid anywhere near £150K for Norris and £400K for Vigs as a flat fee, more likely appearance/performance clauses will take it up to that. Just an opinion like.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 19:00:01 »

I really don't understand how people think power is the bad guy. I genuinely don't.

People claiming he bought shit players on purpose. Seriously. He saved the club, and cleared the debt. He has a model that he works off, which currently isn't working, but it has done in the past. Williams was a poor decision, but What other managers are out there currently?

I am a bit miffed by it all to be perfectly honest. It's all a bit meh to me.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: