Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power siphoning off funds  (Read 77308 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:55:28 »

I've an Irish mate, who tells me the likes of Waterford play in front of 300 or so.  It's more likely Power is trying to be a poor man's Pozzo, and Waterford and other LoI players will come this way.

could be a couple of reasons why he got involved?

1) has a family connection to the area and saw they were struggling

2) thinks he can do an STFC and turn them around financially (won't take much investment either)

3) thinks they have a good talent base which he can use for STFC or just as him being the agent of the players

4) He thinks he has done what he can at STFC (hence getting Sherwood in) and wants something else to occupy himself

5) Has intentions of Man City, Pozzi's (Watford) and Duvual (Charlton) of running and owning multiple clubs
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:58:54 »

could be a couple of reasons why he got involved?

1) has a family connection to the area and saw they were struggling

2) thinks he can do an STFC and turn them around financially (won't take much investment either)

3) thinks they have a good talent base which he can use for STFC or just as him being the agent of the players

4) He thinks he has done what he can at STFC (hence getting Sherwood in) and wants something else to occupy himself

5) Has intentions of Man City, Pozzi's (Watford) and Duvual (Charlton) of running and owning multiple clubs

His grandparents are from Waterford so for sure its a factor.

Perhaps he has seen what Dundalk has achieved and figured that it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibilty that Waterford could do something similar given a bit of backing.

I'm sure we'll also be seeing some Irish talent coming over in the foreseeable.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:03:33 »

This would be a good start

garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:09:04 »

His grandparents are from Waterford so for sure its a factor.

Perhaps he has seen what Dundalk has achieved and figured that it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibilty that Waterford could do something similar given a bit of backing.

I'm sure we'll also be seeing some Irish talent coming over in the foreseeable.

all are possible, just gotta wait and see what happens eh
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:29:35 »

Couple of snippets of interest - they've fallen for Red Bull, too.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/swindon-town-chairman-completes-deal-to-take-over-at-waterford-united-1.2867673
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 19:40:03 »

Waterford is an anagram of er... Watford.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 20:35:42 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton
So is this where we will be shipping our unwanted players to in Jan?
I've an Irish mate, who tells me the likes of Waterford play in front of 300 or so.  It's more likely Power is trying to be a poor man's Pozzo, and Waterford and other LoI players will come this way.

bloody hell, he's gone full Jed
Hoboken

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #337 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 20:48:34 »

Slade has a pretty good record in our league though doesn't he? Certainty needs time to fine tune the team the way he wants it.

Sent from my MotoG3

He didn't get it.... Fired today...
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 20:48:43 »

radio interview on the takeover - http://www.wlrfm.com/shows/19-on-the-ball-saturday/4355-waterford-uniteds-new-owner-lee-power-speaks-directly-to-wlr-about-the-clubs-takeover.html
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 22:20:12 »

Think this might be a nice tie up if it is that. We've got some good youngsters that would benefit both sides going over there to play regularly. Still get the feeling there is more to come on this though. Not a massive red bull network, maybe a rola cola type one though..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 23:01:25 »

Just looking at their fb and twitter, nice little ground. No bets for where our pre season tour will be. Think I may have to tie up a visit to the outlaws over there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 09:29:55 »

Just looking at their fb and twitter, nice little ground. No bets for where our pre season tour will be. Think I may have to tie up a visit to the outlaws over there.

I've cycled through Waterford on the way to Rosslare. Around the coast from Killarney - Kenmare - Bantry - Skibbereen - Cork - Youghal. Lovely place, look out for Reginald's Tower.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 09:36:08 »

I've cycled through Waterford on the way to Rosslare. Around the coast from Killarney - Kenmare - Bantry - Skibbereen - Cork - Youghal. Lovely place, look out for Reginald's Tower.

I bet you say that to all the ladies.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 09:42:13 »

I bet you say that to all the ladies.....

Smiley  my days of the caveman approach are sadly gone. Subtlety is called for now.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 10:12:45 »

Its beautiful down in County Kerry though, have spent a fair bit of time near Killorglin as a mates parents owned a house right on the coast, some very good new years eves spent in the local bar!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: